Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Downsampling Warframe Improves Performance And Looks Better

MechaTails

Info someone might find useful.

For me, at max settings, sometimes the FPS will drop for no reason while playing Warframe.

Hardware:

Nvidia GTX760

1920x1080 Native Resolution

About 21-22 inch Monitor

Max Settings

I maintain a steady 60FPS with Vertical Synch on, but it'll dip to like 30FPS for no apparent reason, even in totally inactive situations. I also still notice jaggies along the edges of things, so I tried downsampling.

All I did was make my monitor display 2560x1440 and turned off Antialiasing in Warframe. The jaggies are way less noticeable, the game even "feels smoother" because of it. Plus, the FPS doesn't drop as much, or maybe it does, but I don't care because the game looks better now lol.

Bumping the resolution up to 3200x1800 is a marginal improvement. I don't notice a difference up close, but objects that are farther away look a little sharper than at 2560x1440. FPS still stays at 60.

The downside is that the UI gets tiny, even if you max the size in the Warframe Settings, and you have to manually switch your screen resolution when you want to play, but it's worth just to get rid of the jaggies.

That doesn't sound like downsampling to me.

What's it called then? Every article I read calls it downsampling.

I have a much lower spec card...and I run 90FPS constantly, at max settings. I'm confused ._.

If I don't use vertical sync I get hundreds of FPS, but who cares, I can only see 60 anyway.

*throws fish*