Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Concept) Eidolon, The Nightmare Frame - Format And Skill Changes (07/02)

Synthoid

Just to let you know, there are already set multipliers for all those TBD's, and also armor is a static stat. Shields and Health are both multiplied by 3 upon hitting level 30 I believe, and power has specific multipliers, although I don't think it's the same for each level. At level 30 with 150 base it's normally 225.

Oh, thank you for this information. Wasn't aware of that, actually.

Very nice, has a good feel for a stealth frame. I'd like to cause some mischief with this one :P

I opted to take an altered spelling to respect the seniority.

I said this in my index response, too, but you don't need to worry about that so much. It's hard to find a name that's completely untouched yet relevant, not with how many concepts there are out there. I always order same-name entries of the Index in order of that seniority. There was already a Spectre, as you noticed... what you may not have seen is that there was already an Eidolon, too. It's not something to concern yourself overmuch about; yours is currently sitting right beneath the other one, snug and happy in it's niche.

And I mean, two frames of a name isn't bad anyway. You should see "Sanguine." There are three or four, there.

EDIT: Xyroi is correct: Shields and health both increase to 300% (x3) of their original value by level 30, while energy increases to 150% (x1.5) it's original value. But hey, I'd rather have "TBDs" than incorrect values any day, so good on you for holding off.

Edited by Siubijeni

G-G-G-GHOOOOSSSTTTTTT

for real though, this is how a terror frame is done. i'd look forward to playing it.

only thing i'd change is the 4. it seems a little out of place with the rest of his skills. all the others are terror based and ghostly, but that just isnt any of those things.

G-G-G-GHOOOOSSSTTTTTT

for real though, this is how a terror frame is done. i'd look forward to playing it.

only thing i'd change is the 4. it seems a little out of place with the rest of his skills. all the others are terror based and ghostly, but that just isnt any of those things.

Actually I was wondering about this two. Are you still open to suggestions?

Very nice, has a good feel for a stealth frame. I'd like to cause some mischief with this one :P

I said this in my index response, too, but you don't need to worry about that so much. It's hard to find a name that's completely untouched yet relevant, not with how many concepts there are out there. I always order same-name entries of the Index in order of that seniority. There was already a Spectre, as you noticed... what you may not have seen is that there was already an Eidolon, too. It's not something to concern yourself overmuch about; yours is currently sitting right beneath the other one, snug and happy in it's niche.

And I mean, two frames of a name isn't bad anyway. You should see "Sanguine." There are three or four, there.

EDIT: Xyroi is correct: Shields and health both increase to 300% (x3) of their original value by level 30, while energy increases to 150% (x1.5) it's original value. But hey, I'd rather have "TBDs" than incorrect values any day, so good on you for holding off.

Thank you for the approval and the information, that's quite helpful to know. As for worrying about seniority, it's just as much about being respectful as it is to avoid appearing as derivative. But either way, I'm glad you're liking the current design; quite honestly I'm surprised so many people have enjoyed it so unanimously.

G-G-G-GHOOOOSSSTTTTTT

Actually, when i came up with the kit it was a toss-up between either "darkness" or "ghostly". Ultimately I decided upon the "shadows and darkness" theme, which is where "Curse" comes in. Plus it's his only ability designed for direct damage, which from my POV he is otherwise severely lacking. Back when "Shadow" and "Night Terror" were both parts of the same skill I tried coming up with other concepts, like an ultimate ability that took out all the light within a certain radius around Eidolon, leaving enemies blind, while Eidolon himself gained nightvision or infared vision. But while that's great and all, it's another utility skill and no real damage.

Actually I was wondering about this two. Are you still open to suggestions?

Well I'm personally rather set in the theme of "darkness" to avoid repeatedly flip-flopping, but yes I am indeed open to suggestions regarding the kit and stats, and any other ideas people might have.

Thank you for the approval and the information, that's quite helpful to know. As for worrying about seniority, it's just as much about being respectful as it is to avoid appearing as derivative. But either way, I'm glad you're liking the current design; quite honestly I'm surprised so many people have enjoyed it so unanimously.

Actually, when i came up with the kit it was a toss-up between either "darkness" or "ghostly". Ultimately I decided upon the "shadows and darkness" theme, which is where "Curse" comes in. Plus it's his only ability designed for direct damage, which from my POV he is otherwise severely lacking. Back when "Shadow" and "Night Terror" were both parts of the same skill I tried coming up with other concepts, like an ultimate ability that took out all the light within a certain radius around Eidolon, leaving enemies blind, while Eidolon himself gained nightvision or infared vision. But while that's great and all, it's another utility skill and no real damage.

Well I'm personally rather set in the theme of "darkness" to avoid repeatedly flip-flopping, but yes I am indeed open to suggestions regarding the kit and stats, and any other ideas people might have.

as for your old ability i dont see why not use that. easy enough to add damage to it. after all it's a 4, make it worth while.

perhaps a DoT inside the darkness. or he gains the ability to do finishers with increased damage in the darkness. or both!

as for your old ability i dont see why not use that. easy enough to add damage to it. after all it's a 4, make it worth while.

perhaps a DoT inside the darkness. or he gains the ability to do finishers with increased damage in the darkness. or both!

Although that's interesting, it's still not a straight-up damage ability. I must admit, I'm thinking about this kit with facing bosses solo in mind, Stalker- who can Dispel any and all abilities and effects short of direct damage- in particular. I can't imagine what it's like, playing a frame such as Warframe and having pretty much all of your abilities being absolutely useless. All I can imagine is that for most, it's not particularly fun.

Somewhat. At the moment any updates I did would just be trying to add numbers to the abilities. While I could do that, I'd still like more feedback to see if there's anything I should change or add to.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, I have a terror-based frame as well named Eidolion, they're based of of Ghosts. If your frame is based off of Shadows/Nightmares, perhaps you could give it a name that means "Nightmare"? I like the frame and all, but I now feel like I copied yours without even knowing it.

Here's my Eiodlion Frame

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/468759-warframe-concept-eidolion-the-spirit/?p=5223454

Bump!

Thanks for the bump! Sorry I wasn't able to do anything to follow up on it. Until now!

Umm, I have a terror-based frame as well named Eidolion, they're based of of Ghosts. If your frame is based off of Shadows/Nightmares, perhaps you could give it a name that means "Nightmare"? I like the frame and all, but I now feel like I copied yours without even knowing it.

Here's my Eiodlion Frame

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/468759-warframe-concept-eidolion-the-spirit/?p=5223454

Ahaha, I ran into the exact same problem, and actually there was even an Eidolon Warframe concept before either of us used the name. It's hard to try and find something someone else hasn't already come up with, so don't worry about it too much.

And since adding a butt-ton to the original post didn't seem to do it.... BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!

Eh, I dislike that he must be in shadows to use his ability, as it would greatly hinder him in many tile-sets. Especially something like Tower Defense, where Mirage also has trouble using the Dark part of her Eclipse ability.

Eh, I dislike that he must be in shadows to use his ability, as it would greatly hinder him in many tile-sets. Especially something like Tower Defense, where Mirage also has trouble using the Dark part of her Eclipse ability.

I follow you. I made it reliant on being in the dark to make it fit more into the theme of a "darkness frame", more unique in comparison to Ash's Smoke Bomb and Loki's Invisibility, and because I figured by making it more situational, that would open up more budget to make it more powerful- hence the Nightfall Talons. Though I do have to admit, I'm concerned that adding in the Nightfall Talons might give him TOO MUCH direct combat capability- I don't want him to be an overpowered stealth Warframe, but I do want him to be one people could effectively use in solo play if they so desired.

I follow you. I made it reliant on being in the dark to make it fit more into the theme of a "darkness frame", more unique in comparison to Ash's Smoke Bomb and Loki's Invisibility, and because I figured by making it more situational, that would open up more budget to make it more powerful- hence the Nightfall Talons. Though I do have to admit, I'm concerned that adding in the Nightfall Talons might give him TOO MUCH direct combat capability- I don't want him to be an overpowered stealth Warframe, but I do want him to be one people could effectively use in solo play if they so desired.

Mhmm. Maybe make it so that IF it's activated in the dark it has those bonuses? Or maybe it can activate the ability again while it's already activated to do so? I dunno.

Mhmm. Maybe make it so that IF it's activated in the dark it has those bonuses? Or maybe it can activate the ability again while it's already activated to do so? I dunno.

It's an energy per second power though, so reactivation wouldn't work without being clunky. There might be something to getting a bonus if it's activated while in the dark. Bear in mind, I consider sufficient darkness to be say, kneeling behind cover and being mostly covered in its shadow.

Ive been drawing a concept for a frame based on this concept of darkness and fear. Ill post it soon Here or on a different thread and link it to here. Cool concept love it!  

Cool! I've got my own image in mind, but I'd love to see what you've got. Try and share it on the other Eidolon thread too!

It's an energy per second power though, so reactivation wouldn't work without being clunky. There might be something to getting a bonus if it's activated while in the dark. Bear in mind, I consider sufficient darkness to be say, kneeling behind cover and being mostly covered in its shadow.

-snip-

Yeah, I think the only problem with that is that that's something that amount of precision in 'shadow measurement' might not be programmed into the game

Yeah, I think the only problem with that is that that's something that amount of precision in 'shadow measurement' might not be programmed into the game

That's a good point. But hey, DE's already planning to be quite ambitious with their latest Warframe.