Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Extractors: Titan, Distillers, & Prime Distillers

f3arl3ssTig3r

I keep 5 prime extractors out farming resources daily, but lately i have been thinking that for the amount of time that these are out there 8 hours they do not collect that many resources. you could spend a good hour farming and get more in an hour then you could in 8 hours. so i was thinking maybe shorten the time or increase the amount they carry to make it worth deploying them

Also i was thinking about maybe there could be another way to collect or deploy the extractors other than to going into each individual planet. maybe have an extractor panel that you can click on extractor and click on a planet and deploy or collect. You would also be able to deploy to several planets from same window, instead of going into each planet deploy back out go to other planet deploy and back out etc. would be much more effective to be able to do this on one screen.

I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about them. 

We should wait with that topic until the starchart-rework is live. No one knows how extractors will work after that.

EDIT: Or at least we should wait until we know how they will work.

Edited by Monster-T

I used them for 4-5 days and haven't thought about them since. Perhaps I didn't give it long enough, but to me they seemed rather pointless, as you said in a couple runs you'll end up with more resources than extractors could possibly contribute to. It's litterly a drop in Lake Michigan comparison, if that. So, I could not be bothered to continue on.

Edited by Ded_man

Once you have a decent store of rare resources, the distillers can keep your stash up without any targeted imput for a very long time. This assumes, of course, that you recycle them regularly (twice a day for me, since work and sleep).

I don't farm for anything anymore resource-wise. The distillers keep me around 100 orokin cells and about half that in neural sensors. I always have three stationed on Jupiter, Saturn, and Ceres. My fourth one I move around between Uranus and Sedna (I think). I have several hundred gallium and neurodes, so the fourth mostly goes where whim takes it.

That's what distillers can do for you...IF...you keep them up and running as much as possible. Granted, I don't use that much anymore (though, I'm almost always building forma and the random potato), but they are a very important mechanism for gathering rare resources.