Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Elemental Ward (Toxin) Does Not Reduce Stamina Costs

PsycloneM

The toxin variant of Elemental Ward is supposed to increase a Warframe's stamina and reduce stamina costs. To determine how the cost reduction is being applied, I tested Elemental Ward by performing various maneuvers with different levels of power strength and measured how much stamina was drained using graphics editing software (GIMP in this case).

- Side Roll with Primary Weapon Equipped

Test 1 (Elemental Ward inactive = 100 total stamina)

Using GIMP, I measured the stamina drain for a side roll to be ~29%. Since Chroma has 100 base stamina, we can conclude that the stamina cost for a side roll (with a primary weapon equipped) is roughly 30 stamina.

Elemental Ward at rank 3 increases a Warframe's stamina by an additional 100%. So with +30%, -60%, and +129% power strength, Chroma with 100 base stamina will gain an additional 130, 40, and 229 stamina. If stamina cost reductions are being applied while Elemental Ward is active, we should expect a similar side roll to drain noticeably less than 30 / ( 100 + 130 ) = 13% for +30% power strength, 30 / ( 100 + 40 ) = 21% for -60% power strength, and 30 / ( 100 + 229 ) = 9% for +129% power strength.

Test 2 (Elemental Ward active with +30% PS = 230 total stamina)

Test 3 (Elemental Ward active with -60% PS = 140 total stamina)

Test 4 (Elemental Ward active with +129% PS = 329 total stamina)

For each case, I measured the stamina drain to be ~12%, ~21%, and ~9%. Through these observations, it appears as though there is no stamina cost reduction. Perhaps the cost reduction is only applied to actual melee attacks and not basic maneuvers.

- 3-hit Melee Combo

Test 1 (Elemental Ward inactive = 100 total stamina)

Test 2 (Elemental Ward active with +30% PS = 230 total stamina)

The melee combo appears to drain 35% stamina in the first example. So I should expect the second test to drain less than 35 / 230 = 15%. After measuring with GIMP, I find that only ~15% is drained. So once again, it appears there is no stamina cost reduction.

To summarize:

- Toxin Elemental Ward does not reduce the cost of stamina. Melee attacks and maneuvers appear to cost less stamina while Elemental Ward is active because of the increased stamina that Elemental Ward provides. The 25% / 40% / 50% / 70% stamina cost reduction from the Arsenal UI appears to be nonfunctional.