The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea On How To Bring Firearms On Par With Melee.

(PSN)SentientSword234

As it stands, in terms of versatility and utility, melee is the much better option. i find myself using any one of my firearms as more of a supplement for when theres too many enemies with defenses that my melee has a hard time against.

So heres an idea that will

1. Add alot of versatility to weapons, making them generally more worthwhile without so much forma.

2. give vetren players a solid way to use the ridiculous amounts of common crafting mats we have

3. giving a somewhat direct and far less tedious way of earning credits.

so my idea for this is simply called Munitions. and it is what it sounds like.

in the real world, if i take a 9mm pistol and load it with just your normal everyday bullets, it will do what it does. which is throw a piece of metal in a certain direction at very high speeds. but if i load it with say hollowpoint rounds, it will throw what are essentially very tiny frag grenades at high speed in a certain direction.

So basicly the idea is that we dump materials into a "mold" and those materials add effects to a bullet that is then added in a special munitions slot. and munitions are finite. one mold will yield a set of bullets that will last for 5 missions. and depending on what you put into the mold, you get different things. for instance

Ferrite in a bracket shape = broadhead rounds, which buffs impact damage at the cost of puncture damage + 5% -2%

Ferrite in a V shape: armor pircing rounds that act like the impact ones, but with the debuff being applied to slash

Ferrite in a D shape= bladed rounds, same as the others but with a trade off between slash damage and puncture damage.

Ferrite+Alloy plates= mod lasts 6 missions, doubles buff and debuff effects. 

nano spores+ ferrite= mod lasts 5 missions, innate poison damage and slight status chance buff (3%)

nano spores+ alloy plates= mod lasts 6 missions, innate poison, slightly higher phys buff/debuff.

and certain things will do special stuff together for instance 

Circuits + alloy plates+ an argon crystal= homing rounds for non-hitscan weapons.

i think it's a good way to generally make one weapon that we like for any given reason.

now for the more economic stuff: each mod takes about 10 minutes to craft, and they can be traded ONLY for credits. also many types/ instances of the same bullet mod can be made at once. they do not cost any credits to make, but one argon crystal must be put into the crafting bench every 24 hours (48 if upgrades avilable via void, derelict, and interception drops are applied) please tell me what you think of my idea and expand upon it if you'd like!!

Assuming I agree that melee way outclasses guns...the fact that you have to wade through a mob, putting yourself in everyones crosshairs and shot to pieces, while you can safely shoot from cover, is enough of a balancing factor for me.

And not to sound S#&$ty, but if youre breezing through the game with melee then try using something other than rhino/loki/powerspam/OP weapons.

Assuming I agree that melee way outclasses guns...the fact that you have to wade through a mob, putting yourself in everyones crosshairs and shot to pieces, while you can safely shoot from cover, is enough of a balancing factor for me.

And not to sound S#&$ty, but if youre breezing through the game with melee then try using something other than rhino/loki/powerspam/OP weapons.

Unless you have a tonkor, then you can just bounce the group TF2 style.

and another thing, you dont need to spam powers to have "op melee weapons" just need to be good at them, and use the boost in movement that they give during a melee attack, like air, or a slide attack.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

DE set a precedent with the Valentine day arrows, ie an "ammo consumable", so I guess "special ammo" is not too far off.

Personally though, ammo that just does "more damage" does not seem balanced. If anything all the ammo should have bonuses AND negatives of some type.

I'd be happy with sniper rounds that only do increased damage when they do headshots, and reduced damage the rest of the time for example. Give people a reason to play more accurately.

Edited by DSpite

Sorry. But melee is pretty useless against really dangerous stuff unless you bring certain frames or make very specific builds on them. All the while any decent gun can easily outdamage that melee from a safer place with less effort.

Wait what?

Melee is garbage outside of staggering, coptering, knock downs and life strike.

Secondaries are arguably better than primaries, much less melee lol

Sounds like you haven't played WF for very long and are noticing the extra points that stances give you on melee thus allowing you to max melee much faster than guns