Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues With The Dual Heat Swords Charge Attack

PleasureMan

The Dual Heat charge attack is quite powerful, and is really what makes the weapon worth using. However, one of the animations - an upward dagger swing (there does not appear to be any attack with the sword made in this animation) - simply does not strike enemies, regardless of their distance to and position vis-a-vis the player. While varied attack animations are very nice, if they do not strike consistently (in terms of range, radius, and damage), they seriously detract from a weapon and from the game. It can be frustrating to charge an ancient only to have the attack do... nothing, leaving the player to be knocked on their &#! and mauled. If the issue is indeed tied to the animation in a fundamental and essential way, I would suggest that it would be preferable to lose the animation than see the animation persist, but frankly, I think weapons should likely not have any aspect of their attack tied to (varied) animations, as this introduces an element of chance to something that should be completely within the player's control. Weapons like Fragor have fairly predictable and useful attack cycles. From what I can tell, this DHS charge attack animation triggers randomly, and as such is disruptive.

The animations are varied because the Dual Heat Swords is actually a Heat Sword and a Dagger. The Dagger animation has smaller range because it is a smaller blade. That's just how it is. The Dual ether blades suffer from the same restrictive animation.

That's what I suspected, but there's really no reason for that to be how it is. That animation does not strike Mining Machines. I wish I was joking but I'm not. That's an issue, not a feature. Moreover, even if it did, introducing an element of randomness into melee strikes is a decision that should be thought on fairly seriously. This isn't a diceroll game, and it really shouldn't be.