Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Pre-Mission Hub/group Finder

Cradicias

This idea has probably already been shared before by someone else, so, I apologize in advance if I step on any toes. With the inclusion of clan dojos in Update 8, it got me to thinking about other ways to encourage participation in the community and to shore up the current group finder. The current system of clicking and hoping that someone else is doing the same mission I found to be mildly aggravating, especially as it only tells you if there's a squad running the mission, not if there's an open spot or how many spots are available.

With that in mind, I started brainstorming and, at the recommendation of some of my friends I shared the idea with, I am posting it here for consideration.

Link to rough draft image: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/ChijinOraka/RoughDraftMissionStaging.jpg

Bear in mind, I am not an artist and this is the ROUGHEST of drafts. The simple design is something I could see working. Essentially, you'd still have the old option of setting up your arsenal and the like before clicking on a system and getting to it. Additionally, if you knew you wanted to find a group, you can load into the mission hub. Here, it would be like playing the game, walking around in your warframe, using the mission terminal to see what groups are doing what missions, what spots are available in which system, etc. You can form a mission group for a particular mission that others can see and select to join, letting them load into your instance of the hub for pre-mission comradery and equipment synergizing. Once your group is full or your team decides it's ready, you simply walk over to the dropship much like you would for a mission extraction and the level begins.

Again, this is just a rough idea and stuff would obviously need to be ironed out, but, I don't know. I'd like to see it happen, what are your guys' thoughts?

Sounds like a logical extension and enhancement of the current method, I'm hoping for something similar. Kind of reminds me of the rather similar system used in Global Agenda. While Global Agenda may be flawed in several ways, there are several similarities with Warframe that I wish the DE devs would draw some inspiration from. Especially the "open hubs" that go a long ways towards eliminating the feel of a nameless/faceless lobby as we have in Warframe.

why are all suggestion topics here, in general section? this is not a place for them.

Because, there is no suggestions forum? There's a feedback forum for if you find an issue with an existing system. This is a suggestion for something completely new.

Edit: Also, why do comments like these pop up on a suggestion post? This is not a place for them =P

Edited by Cradicias