Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ultimatepay -> shame on you warframe devs

zero2espect

devs - this is an open letter of desperation.

many of the punters who play your game will have no problems, those of you who have no problems, please refrain from commenting or arguing and just trust me that what i say below is the truth.

ultimatepay is the biggest mistake that all of the new "free-to-play plus pay" game developers choose.

the customer experience that we receive in WOT and mechwarrior online as 2 major examples is a complete joke.

I like many of your other players, am a national citizen in one country and live and work in another. ultimatepay use banking rules from like the 1980s and automatically ban any transaction attempted to your game from an account trying to buy your game, but who live in another country.

this is well documented on WOT and mechwarrior with many, many people denied access to paying you by your "partners".

this is generally overcome over the course of between 5-10 emails with them, depending on how much you threaten and swear and whomever you get from india or sri lanka or [other country] who is operating their customer care operation.

i will include a copy of the correspondence that i have TEMPLATED as the only way to get a response from them in the message below as an example. And please, i used to ask them nicely, and be polite, and it originally took 20 emails from me with no response before i started being rude and terrible and from there it "only" took 5 emails to get my situation resolved in world of tanks - and then the same with mechwarrior online - and now the same with you.

so far i am at 4 emails sent back to ultimate pay and i continue to get the standard copy and paste responses - even though they have all of my paypal, and official documentation that proves i am legit and already approved in 2 other online games (and a verified paypal account and verified address within paypal to boot).

please, i beg you, put pressure on these clowns or consider another payment gateway for your "gold" release.

>>>>>correspondence follows>>>>>>

from me:

if you took the time to check my history with you, you will see that we have been down this path before. as i have explained, i work overseas on contract. i have provided proof of identity to you that proves yes i live and work in a different country to my paypal account. yes everything is in my own name.

in the past and we have cleared this whole sham before for world of tanks and mechwarrior. obviously your systems are too $&*&*#(%& to know that i have been cleared in world of tanks so i should be ok in warframe and any other company stupid enough to use you guys as their payment gateway.

please check the records and clear my account.

Please just do us both a favor and unlock my account now.

[id information deleted for security]

>>>>>>>>>from them:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support

center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it

within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click the following

link or paste it into your web browser.

[deleted for privacy]

Subject

---------------------------------------------------------------

Again, cannot pay for a game through your stupid portal [warframe]

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email(Nitish) - 01/16/2013 08:26 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us. Please know that online transactions are processed automatically by the system. Since this process is automated, the system has several inbuilt security filters which verify the online transaction to ensure a safe and error free transaction. If the criteria set by these security filters are not met, the order gets declined. We suggest that you wait a full 48 hours before attempting a new payment. If the system still rejects your payment, you will need to select a different payment option available in your country to complete your purchase.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please write to us by simply replying to this email.

Thank you,

Nitish

Customer Service Representative

PayByCash.com

UltimatePay.com

Electronic Privacy Notice. This email, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any response to this email. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

© 2011 Visa. All rights reserved.

>>>>>>>>>>from me:

Ricky,

this has nothing to do with any "errors" on my part. It is the outdated, low tech security system that you have in place to protect you, not me.

Please (as i said in my original support request) check my history with you. I live abroad.

That means I live in a country other than that of my paypal account. [deleted for privacy], my paypal account is VERIFIED with VERIFIED ADDRESSES and you have copies of my driver's license in Australia and Qatar.

Again, just so that you understand, On file, you have a copy of all of my details including copies of driver's licenses that show, yes, my paypal account is in Australia, yes I am Australian, and yes I am living in Qatar.

Every new game i play that uses your stupid payment gateway, I have the same problem. After several emails back and forward, somebody ends up doing their job properly, and sees that yes, we have this person's details on file and yes he is legit.

please check your files and change the setting so that i can buy things on warframe.

The ONLY payment gateway i have this problem with is you. Your system truly is terrible.

I can't wait for your next templated response, you see, I am so used to your stupid system, i have created my own templates to reply to your templates - i have provided them both below for your reference.

it usually takes 3 emails from me for you to sort things out.

you will probably reply with:

Thank you for

contacting us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Please know that online transactions are processed automatically by the system. Since this process is automated, the system has several inbuilt security filters which verify the online transaction to ensure a safe and error free transaction. If the criteria set by these security filters are not met, the order gets declined and we can’t manually overwrite the system.

We see that your recent PayPal payments have been denied as your

billing address and computer's IP Address are too far apart.

In order to make a successful purchase we recommend the following:

-Verify that the billing information for your payment method is correct as your present location.

-You are not accessing the internet on a public computer or from a public place (i.e. WiFi).

-Avoid sending payment from behind a proxy.

Furthermore, please know that whenever an online purchase is declined, its traces remain in the system for at least 48 hours, if you

attempt a new purchase within these 48 hours, the new order also gets declined as the system recognizes the recent declined records.

We recommend that you wait for a full 48 hours before attempting a new purchase. If the system still rejects your payment, you will need to select a different payment method for this account.

If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

which I will probably reply with:

if you took the time to check my

history with you, you will see that we have been down this path before. as i have explained, i work overseas on contract. i have provided proof of identity to you that proves yes i live and work in a different country to my paypal account. yes everything is in my own name.

in the past and we have cleared this whole sham before for world of tanks and mechwarrior. obviously your systems are too $&*&*#(%& to know that i have been cleared in world of tanks so i should be ok in [insert game here] and any

other company stupid enough to use you guys as their payment gateway.

please check the records and clear my account.

Please just do us both a favor and unlock my account now.

[deleted for privacy]

>>>>>>> from them:

Response Via Email(Ricky) - 01/15/2013 11:43 PM

Greetings

Thank you for contacting PayByCash/UltimatePay! We see that you have attempted a purchase for your account “zero2espect” at Warframe on 2013-01-15. Please know that online transactions go through several security filters. We value the security of your account, and the system determined the risk of your payment was too high to accept. Your payment was declined for one or more of the following reasons:

-Your payment information is incorrect

-You are sending your payment behind a proxy

-Your billing information does not match the information logged on your order

-You are attempting a payment on too large an order

We have this system in place to not only protect our company, but to protect our customers from fraudulent activity as well. Please correct any errors and wait a full 48 hours before attempting a new payment. If the system still rejects your payment, you may need to select a different payment option to complete your purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you,

Ricky

PayByCash.com

UltimatePay.com

Electronic Privacy Notice. This email, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any response to this email. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

© 2011 Visa. All rights reserved.

>>>>>>>>>>> from me:

Hi,

yes, now i am trying to pay for a new game through your stupid service. this time it is WARFRAME. please check my history and note that you have verified my bank accounts, credit cards, drivers license and everything else. yes i am an australian working overseas and i have perfect credit history with you. please make the changes to your system so that i can purchase my game time and items. thankyou in advance.

please do not send me your normal generic, rubbish reply saying it's paypal or my credit card, or the game. it is your stupid service. you have verified me in the past and it usually takes 3 or 4 emails until i get somebody who can take the 5 seconds to fix the problem rather than give me the generic service responses. please check my history and see that i am not joking.

>>>>>>>>

omg it's depressing just re-reading all of this.....

Sorry to read this, sounds painful. We did a bunch of research up front (including read the bad) and the Ultimate Pay seemed to have the broadest coverage in the world. Around the same time as we made this decision the Playstation account debacle was happening and we wanted an option that didn't require us to store sensitive credit card information... Not taking away from your experiences, just telling you what factors lead us here.

That said: not sure we deserve shame yet! If you open up a support ticket (support.warframe.com), we can actually resolve this for your Warframe-specific transactions though Ultimate Pay, and the turn around time is pretty quick! I really appreciate your support and I hope we can make this right.

I fail to understand how 'Warframe Devs' are to be held in contempt for a decision to broaden their payment options.

Because he is unable to pay them, which means that their decision to broaden their payment options, does not actually broaden their payment options in this case. Who else but the dev's fault would it be that they chose to work with UltimatePay? Did you even read the OP? He's paying via his paypal, it's in the dev's end that there are problems, not his.

Thumbs up to the dev's trying to rectify this though.

Because he is unable to pay them, which means that their decision to broaden their payment options, does not actually broaden their payment options in this case. Who else but the dev's fault would it be that they chose to work with UltimatePay? Did you even read the OP? He's paying via his paypal, it's in the dev's end that there are problems, not his.

Thumbs up to the dev's trying to rectify this though.

/facepalm

latest response from these clowns is again a copy and paste from a previous templated response. i wont paste my reply because it will likely get me banned on these forums too.

world of tanks is full of guys complaining in the army who are posted overseas and ultimatepay reject their payments because again, their paypal account is not in the same country as they are trying to play the game from because they are deployed.

round 6.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support

center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it

within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click the following

link or paste it into your web browser.

{deleted for privacy]

Subject

Again, cannot pay for a game through your stupid portal [warframe]

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email(Nitish) - 01/17/2013 05:13 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us. Please understand that we consider your security and safety as a top priority. As a result, the online transactions go through various security checks. We have this system in place to not only protect our company, but to protect our customers from fraudulent activity as well. We see that your payment did not go through our anti-fraud system. We apologize that we can not be more forthcoming; for security reasons we are unable to give specific details on payment restrictions. We suggest that you wait a full 48 hours before attempting a new payment. If the system still rejects your payment, you will need to select a different payment option available in your country to complete your purchase.

If you have any further questions, please write to us by simply replying to this email.

Thank you,

Nitish

PayByCash.com

UltimatePay.com

I've never encountered Ultimate Pay before so I can't judge, but the issue I have is more aimed at DE.

I was looking at the different tiers of Founders and clicked "BUY NOW" to see what options I have as far as payment goes.

Few minutes later, I received an email:

Welcome to UltimatePay. You can use UltimatePay across thousands of games allowing you to track all your purchases online plus earn rewards and prizes.

Complete your registration today and get 100 UltimatePoints FREE ($1 value).

Click here to get your 100 UltimatePoints!

At which point did I register or even give my email to Ultimate Pay? I never entered any information whatsoever.

Edited by FOLTHEON

Guest Shinogu

Its really early in closed beta, and people are mad because they can't spend money yet.

Future looks bright for Warframe.

Ahem to that G Initiate