The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New Sea Lab Tileset Is Extremely Intensive On Lower-End Pc's

XxCurtennoxX

I can't get through many areas on this new tileset without a huge frame-rate drop. I experience worse frame-rate issues here than i do on Ceres and Earth (The other 2 seemingly intensive tilesets).

Before people say "stop playing on a potato" and such like that, please don't. Not everyone can afford to buy gaming PC's. I'm here on a laptop at 1280x720 resolution and everything low/off except Texture Memory and Dynamic Lighting, and im struggling to get above 20 fps in the new tileset. Are PBR changes slowly killing off lower-spec players?

One area that i drop down to a measly 10 fps is the area with water falling down from the ceiling onto some stairs (Which you head down to go lower). I'm at least glad falling water isn't everywhere in this tileset.

Don't get me wrong, the tileset is beautiful and well designed, but it's definitely got a downside for lower-end pc's.

Please look into a way of optimising this for lower-end computers. I will struggle to bring myself to play this tileset in the future if i have to experience such terrible frame-rate constantly :/ And no, upgrading my computer is not an option here. It's fine with other tilesets, it's just this one kills my frame-rate like crazy.

Edit: specs of my laptop - 

Intel Pentium B950 2.1 dual core (Yup, not great)

6GB RAM

Intel HD Integrated Graphics

Clearly my laptop isn't great, but the other tilesets are more than playable. I've come to accept 25-30 fps, but the 15-20 fps in this new one is painful even for me.

I've been using the laptop for gaming for roughly 2 years and it's been fine.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

i have a pretty bad system, its not absolute trash, but it seems when i play the first mission when i launch the game, no matter what tileset, its really REALLY laggy. like 3fps laggy....but then once i get past the first level, it goes up to 30fps no matter the tileset. whats going on?

does any one read about the thing that you should not play on integrated graphics

just praise and worship your laptop for the fact that it can start the game - i did so with AC Unity

Edited by Kostadin

does any one read about the thing that you should not play on integrated graphics

just praise and worship your laptop for the fact that it can start the game - i did so with AC Unity

I can play a wide range of games on it. Probably not any recent ones though. 

if you know where the intel graphics is located you can understand why i'm starting to get mad at ppl for saying "i can't play a game and i'm with intel HD"

the point of your graphics card is for internet browsing and watching movies , and some light games

Edited by Kostadin

Well I understand that integrated graphics are horrible for gaming, it's only a temporary pc. I'm just confused as to why the fps changes depending on how long I've been playing. I'm sorry if it's an obvious answer, I'm not that good with how it all works

if you know where the intel graphics is located you can understand why i'm starting to get mad at ppl for saying "i can't play a game and i'm with intel HD"

the point of your graphics card is for internet browsing and watching movies , and some light games

That's not the point of this post.

I'm saying Warframe runs fine 90% of the time. However, the new tileset is a huge fps-drop. 

One, it's obvious, but some can't afford or buy a decent gaming PC for whatever reason. Two, as Curt said, this is a problem specifically with two tiles in the new tileset, not a general 'Warframe doesn't run on my computer' problem.

Oh hey Des xD

Hey, Curt.