Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

**Wave Based Modes I NEED YOUR OPINON**

darkelmo12

This maybe too similar to the usual Defense mission. Maybe remove that defense mission and turn it into this instead?

What they're talking about is a mode where the waves are endless and death is inevitable at some point. I think it would work best as a mission type instead of it's own mode, though. You could set it up by having your ship be destroyed before you get to the extraction point. "There is no hope of survival, Tenno. Make your destruction as painful for them as you can."

Edited by Sealgaire

I see I'm in the minority in not liking horde mode-type endless streams of foes just to see who can reach the highest number of waves before finally falling to the enemy. Granted it can be some mindless fun for a while (if you like being zerged on) with an extra emphasis on the "mindless" part. I played the hell out of Left4Dead and enjoyed it for a month or two, and then it seemed every other developer and their brother had to add a horde mode to their game as well... meh. Too stale, too overdone, too 2012.

Horde mode could be fun from time to time, yep. I already sometimes do the "Defense" Maps with my bro or one or another mate and if we do, we do them a few times in a row, just for the "lulz".

Actually enjoyed Horde mode in Gears of War 3.

So, kinda a +1 from me as well for Horde Mode :)

I loved the last stand mode in Dawn of war 2 and i feel that this would be a great addition to the game, it would be nice to have like small cosmetic unlockables if you reach like 10 waves 20, 30, 40 and so on

Edited by Koagedo

I loved the last stand mode in Dawn of war 2 and i feel that this would be a great addition to the game, it would be nice to have like small cosmetic unlockables if you reach like 10 waves 20, 30, 40 and so on

I would rather little multipliers on the reward as you go farther in waves.

+1

Just because I want my post count to increase. (which clearly represents how big your e-peen is)

But on a more serious note I'd be able to play a game that has a survival mode for hours on end.

How about a scoreboard as well? It'd be fun to see how you size up against other players - add a little competitiveness into the game, eh?

Endless wavs? Infinite difficulty scaling? Escalating rewards?

Yeah, I could get behind a game mode like that. I wonder if we'd need to build in some kind of "intermission" so you can go make a sandwich, go to the bathroom, file your taxes, or whatever. I would think that these sessions could get pretty long if you were trying to top the Leaderboards.

mabye have a group break zone, like if everyone from the party stood in an area it would pause the waves (as in stop the next wave from starting) or make it 1 part skill challenge 1 part endurace, with no wave pause / intermission/breaks. you could also have different maps for it, some more difficult to defend then others.

Always fun with a last stand.

Endless wavs? Infinite difficulty scaling? Escalating rewards?

Yeah, I could get behind a game mode like that. I wonder if we'd need to build in some kind of "intermission" so you can go make a sandwich, go to the bathroom, file your taxes, or whatever. I would think that these sessions could get pretty long if you were trying to top the Leaderboards.

Always fun with a last stand. Intermission can be implemented by maybe following the space marine style (I'm sure there are several before it that done the same) Bascially have a set of waves to complete in one area, let's say 20. If you survive dose, a door opens that will end the map and take you to the next one with 20 more waves, of maybe other enemies or stronger. But before you go to the next area, you got your groups intermission.

I had the exact same idea!

So yes. YES, I want this kind of game mode.

BUT instead of sitting in the same room defending something all the time, make it so that there are also other objectives what you need to complete.

Not just killing everyone who enters a room, but also stage bosses and all kind of cool stuff.

Every time you complete an objective, the difficulty goes up.

so iam thinking few things about this:

1: maybe like in call of duty zombie mod have some kind of environmental hazards/traps/events that play out at each wave.

2: optional objectives that give you some kind of boost say over charge the ships reactor with a Volt to boost your scanner to have

more awarenes or maybe hack some consoles to get some reinforced doors to stop enemies from coming from all sides.

3: this regards the intermissions - say after 5 or 10 rounds have a vote pop up in the middle of the screen asking if the group wants to

go to a 5 minute intermission which then lets you check your arsenal/use bathroom.

4: special blueprints that you get from bosses that you only encounter at a curtain wave, say after each 15 rounds have a mini boss and after 30

rounds have a real stompy boss that drops the rare blueprints.

5: this might be an idea if there are going to be more customizations in the future - special horde killer skins , gun camo , vanity items that you get if you finish a set amount of waves while people who manage to get to the top 3 places on leaderboards get a unique gold silver broze makeover.

Edited by TisEric

+1 would be awesome to see this game mode

so iam thinking few things about this:

1: maybe like in call of duty zombie mod have some kind of environmental hazards/traps/events that play out at each wave.

2: optional objectives that give you some kind of boost say over charge the ships reactor with a Volt to boost your scanner to have

more awarenes or maybe hack some consoles to get some reinforced doors to stop enemies from coming from all sides.

3: this regards the intermissions - say after 5 or 10 rounds have a vote pop up in the middle of the screen asking if the group wants to

go to a 5 minute intermission which then lets you check your arsenal/use bathroom.

4: special blueprints that you get from bosses that you only encounter at a curtain wave, say after each 15 rounds have a mini boss and after 30

rounds have a real stompy boss that drops the rare blueprints.

5: this might be an idea if there are going to be more customizations in the future - special horde killer skins , gun camo , vanity items that you get if you finish a set amount of waves while people who manage to get to the top 3 places on leaderboards get a unique gold silver broze makeover.

giving the player/s the option to choose which route they take is a method used in other mmos. This can better individual and group outcomes of blue prints and materials aswell as eliminate routine missions ie. doing the same thing over and over.

Edited by DCarnage