Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Blueprints, Old Weapons, All Alloy Plates

matrixEXO

Yikes... Hopefully this was just an oversight on someone's part, because I have a ton of pretty much every "normal" material (10k+) except for alloy plate (almost 1.7k right now!) which seems to require specific farming to get it in large quantities.  Having the cost such high alloy plate (unless there's a new place to farm it relatively low level that I haven't heard about yet) seems really crazy for new players and any who reset.  Could also easily discourage a lot of trying out of new weapons until later in the game when they're just used for mastery rank.

Edited by plznohurtme

Uh Oh... my bro should have Bought Snipetron yesterday for 50k credits when i told him to haha

"its one of the best weapons in game bro..and for 50k credits its CHEAP and no waiting for the damn thing to build"

Dunno why ALLOY is such a rare resource in the future, i guess theres no pepsi and coke cans to melt down anymore...

Uh Oh... my bro should have Bought Snipetron yesterday for 50k credits when i told him to haha

"its one of the best weapons in game bro..and for 50k credits its CHEAP and no waiting for the damn thing to build"

Dunno why ALLOY is such a rare resource in the future, i guess theres no pepsi and coke cans to melt down anymore...

Or maybe because a ton of factions are using them frequently that they become a rare commodity. Obviously, Infested are busy infesting Alloys as well.

Edited by matrixEXO

that luck :P after I killed him ~20 times I think I had like 10ish

Its not luck. its statistics. the more you repeat, the less change you are off from the actual rates.

Thats like flipping a coin twice, seeing it come up heads twice therefore IT MUST BE RIGGED!

No dude. the fact is the coin was balanced and it comes up heads pretty damn close to 50% of the time if you flipped it 1000 times. but all you did was flip it twice and assume your tiny numbers are accurate. Killed boss 5 times 0 control modules therefore boss doesn't drop control modules! Killed vor 5 times and 0 morphics! vor doesn't drop morphics!

See how silly that is? A little RNG and you guys act like you have accurate drop tables after 5 kills. Then when someone who has done 200+ kills comes in and tells you otherwise you call it  "luck". (do you really think I was killing vor because I needed MORE morphics?) Maybe you should start basing your assumptions on a more complete set of facts instead of assuming your facts are complete and correct.

Its not luck. its statistics. the more you repeat, the less change you are off from the actual rates.

Thats like flipping a coin twice, seeing it come up heads twice therefore IT MUST BE RIGGED!

No dude. the fact is the coin was balanced and it comes up heads pretty damn close to 50% of the time if you flipped it 1000 times. but all you did was flip it twice and assume your tiny numbers are accurate. Killed boss 5 times 0 control modules therefore boss doesn't drop control modules! Killed vor 5 times and 0 morphics! vor doesn't drop morphics!

See how silly that is? A little RNG and you guys act like you have accurate drop tables after 5 kills. Then when someone who has done 200+ kills comes in and tells you otherwise you call it  "luck". (do you really think I was killing vor because I needed MORE morphics?) Maybe you should start basing your assumptions on a more complete set of facts instead of assuming your facts are complete and correct.

Sorry, my post was more or less a throw away post, I agree the more you do it, the closer it should be, but didn't they implement something that as the more you farm him the less chance he has to drop stuff? (or is that only for the chronus?) And as a side note, a 0.92% is pretty high imo (230/250) So couldn't it be a little luck based there?

Mostly true except that it's not 100% reliable. The more you do it, the higher the variance becomes. This is in part due to RNG mechanics in play and therefore the sample numbers can vary from 0~100%. The more tests you run, the larger the sample number becomes and the bigger the variance can get. Say a sample number of 10 runs give out a total of 5/10, totaling to 50% and a sample number of 150 give out a total of 100/150, totaling to 66%. If the actual chance is 33%, you can see the variance just got larger.

What's hardest to track is the ACTUAL chance of obtaining the item. Normally, I do a supplant a +/- variation of 0.1% for each time I try a run. This way, I get a more accurate picture of where the actual chance is. +chance for if the total number of times I obtain the item is less than half the total number of runs and -chance for if the total number of times I obtain an item is more than the total number or runs. 75% chance normally means 4 runs to get 3 items but in RNG term and real calculation it can bounce to 89% just running on numbers of success over total number of run.

Edited by matrixEXO