The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

No More Physx Since Last Update

yourgreatestfear

If I could be more precise I would best bet is on drivers not for the physx but the card it's self.  you could also mess with the texture memory I set mine to high during the screwing around so Like I said likely not why it started working again.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear your frustrations about the missing PhysX Effects option (APEX). Next update should fix the issue for people previously being able to run PhysX Effects.

Note: We have noticed that lower spec GPUs are somewhat more likely to crash when trying to compute the effects, however at this time we don't have a fix for it yet, but rest assured that we are working on a fix for that aswell.

The version of PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll should not be an issue, however I'm currenly looking into an issue where Warframe running on Windows 8 has problems loading it.

Btw: If the field for turning on the PhysX Effects is grayed out, then you can mouse over or it and get a tooltip which will explain why it was grayed on.

-----

Current minimum spec for PhysX Effects for Warframe is: more than 512MB Video mem, 'G92' class GPU and driver version 310.70 or newer.

A reaction! And a good one! Excellent news.

Concerning the grayed out tooltip though: I have a GT 640 as dedicated PhysX card and the tooltip keeps telling me, I have no Nvidia GPU at all. I  meet and exceed the minimum spec though.

Anyway, awaiting next Update! I do hope you are referring to a smaller patch though, not Update 9 :D

I just noticed this today, and while in-game hovering over the PhysX option in the Settings menu, it says "Could not enable Nvidia hardware acceleration - Nvidia PhysX effects disabled."

Is it absolutely necessary to have a 'G92' class GPU (http://www.gpureview.com/nvidia-g92-chip-146.html)? I am currently using a GTX 260M (http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-260M.14559.0.html) which is based on the 'G92b' processor which should be compatible.

Anyway, I look forward to the next update so that I can enable PhysX!

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear your frustrations about the missing PhysX Effects option (APEX). Next update should fix the issue for people previously being able to run PhysX Effects.

Note: We have noticed that lower spec GPUs are somewhat more likely to crash when trying to compute the effects, however at this time we don't have a fix for it yet, but rest assured that we are working on a fix for that aswell.

The version of PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll should not be an issue, however I'm currenly looking into an issue where Warframe running on Windows 8 has problems loading it.

Btw: If the field for turning on the PhysX Effects is grayed out, then you can mouse over or it and get a tooltip which will explain why it was grayed on.

-----

Current minimum spec for PhysX Effects for Warframe is: more than 512MB Video mem, 'G92' class GPU and driver version 310.70 or newer.

i was right owyeh!

Thanks for the Fix and especially for the prompt communication (a rare thing in MMO)!

My dedicated 9600GT is once again accepted as PhysX unit.

Hope it will stay that way, because a PhysX-dedicated 9600Gt is considered a class 4 (of 5) PhysX unit (nvidia classification), powerfull enough for every PhysX title i encountered so far.

Edited by yourgreatestfear

I am sad to report, the game still says I do not have a Nvidia GPU. I know I run Hybrid PhysX, which CAN cause initial difficulties, yet everywhere else it works. I hope that this will be fixed some day in the future, I'd really like to have those pretty APEX effects too :(

I am sad to report, the game still says I do not have a Nvidia GPU. I know I run Hybrid PhysX, which CAN cause initial difficulties, yet everywhere else it works. I hope that this will be fixed some day in the future, I'd really like to have those pretty APEX effects too :(

Hybrid , there some issue's with the drivers.

Not sure if it would be a problem for WF though

Well, Warframe uses PhysX3. That is optimized for PS4 and XBox' AMD CPU (SSE and that stuff). Which means, we should be able to activate PhysX ingame whether we have a Nvidia GPU or not.

I believe it should be possible to "force enable" it, maybe it uses the Nvidia GPU anyway, since the driver is set on PhysX on GPU.

I'm going crazy when playing with my guildies and they keep telling me how AWESOME the effects all are. Makes me wanna kill them. 

I shall hope for Dev reaction on the topic again!

Tawer: It would be really helpful if you posted something informative about your system. Which card do you possess? Operating System? Driver Version? Stuff like that. 

Your post is currently a) wrong and b) useful like a cucumber in this situation. All of my buddies with (primary) Nvidia cards have PhysX. I have not, but that's because of my hybrid PhysX setup (meaning GT 640 as secondary card) :-)

Sorry about my previous post, i use single gtx 570, win7 64, latest driver, all days before this moment physx option was gray out, but now it works, really dont know why.

There have been 2 driver updates for our cards and one update for physx far as I can tell maybe that had something to do with it. I didn't even know there were updates till I got a message from nvidia.

Edited by DreadWolf7