Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bastille...

McKiwi

After watching the Vauban introduction, I have a HUGE problem with Bastille. Honestly, it makes Rhino's stomp redundant. It's got a larger AoE, longer duration, and the enemies don't fall after they're caught, and all at what I'm assuming is a lower energy cost. The fact that his starting energy pool is lower isn't much of an equalizer either.

I'm not one to call for nerfs or stuff all the time, but some consideration needs to be taken with Bastille, as well as the abilities of Rhino and many other frames which seem to have lost their niche.

Maybe the slow frames were a mistake and Rhino wont make it into the final release of Warframe. Frost prime might not be a slow runner? The only thing Vauban suffers from is very low stamina. It seems to me like DE made a mistake making slow frames and this is their way of putting one foot infront of the other and making things better.

Bastille works and has use at the right energy cost. Vauban has the correct energy supply I believe.

Would be nice if it worked on Rollers of death though !

Hmmm here's a quick point: Why Nerf Vauban?

Surely Rhino deserves a buff. I mean 3/4 of his skills are probably rarely used. If ever, except for Rhino Charge...curse you stumpy legs! Why can't you run that fast all the time?!

Vauban does not need a nerf, Vauban is the answer for a lot of players that want to be more Attack/Support effective

Their Powers are similar, but very different as their mechanics play to different scenarios. The same with Rhino's Iron Skin and Trinity's Link, they are very similar, but have very different perks and functions.

Rhino Stomp= 20 Meters max, the shock wave passes through walls and hits enemies above and below the player and it actually does some damage.

-Rhino stomp plays well when Rhinos are being swarmed and have a mass of enemies focusing on them, hence their great tanking traits help keep them alive. RS compliments this by being able to hit all those enemies while the player is at the epicenter. A rhino would have to be near you for other players to benefit from the Rhino Stomp's knockdown.

Bastille= 9 meters max, Suspends enemies cast on and running in for the duration

-Bastille is great for getting the player or teammates out of mobs and luring swarming enemies into a trap. Bastille just suspends enemies  they come to the area, others can still come from behind and many are missed because of the small radius of the actual drop. Bastille is just a strategic way to do ranged crowd control and help teammates focus fire on hard pressing heavies like Ancients and Grineer Commanders.

Instead of asking for a nerf, understand that both of these powers actually can compliment each other when used strategically. Rhino stomp is not redundant because of Bastille, they just are two different strategies. One can be dropped, one centers around the player.

Edited by OrokinNoob

I have a HUGE problem with Bastille. Honestly, it makes Rhino's stomp redundant. It's got a larger AoE, longer duration, and the enemies don't fall after they're caught, and all at what I'm assuming is a lower energy cost. The fact that his starting energy pool is lower isn't much of an equalizer either.

That's the point. Nerf the old frames to make the new frames look good so people buy them. It's the kind of think Hi-Rez is famous for.

To be clear, I'm not calling for a nerf on Vauban. I'm just saying some consideration for the abilities of the older frames need to be taken into consideration, at least for them to stay competitive in that sense.

I haven't met a Vauban in-game yet, so my first impression is probably really off.

And thanks @OrokinNoob for clearing that part up. I didn't really know the range on Bastille, but it felt much larger than Rhino's stomp from what I saw in the introduction video.

Please disregard my rant in the OP, I was probably salty from being disrupted all the time :S