The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fleeting Expertise? How About Limited Expertise?

Metalgearfox

So much "I don't want things to change" Bias. :P

I for one, am all for this idea.
-True trade offs for ALL ABILITIES

1) Disarm

2) Miasma

3) Jav/Blind

4) Blade storm

5) Basically all the abilities in the game that are meta with max efficiency and uses no duration

Point of the Vault mods were to create tradeoffs, mentioned by one of the Devs.

This is true tradeoff, and not just ignoring all tradeoffs by dropping duration-ie fleeting expertise.

Edited by Epicagemo

Shooting is stupid easy too. I'm in for more recoil across all guns and a considerable accuracy loss (spread increase) when shooting while moving. You want expertise, this is how you begin.

Edited by nms64

1) Disarm

2) Miasma

3) Jav/Blind

4) Blade storm

5) Basically all the abilities in the game that are meta with max efficiency and uses no duration

This is true tradeoff, and not just ignoring all tradeoffs by dropping duration-ie fleeting expertise.

You completely neglected earlier posts stating how Invis, MPrime, Blessing, etc. would be buffed, and in endgame those are arguably as useful or more useful than the skills you listed save for Disarm.

Edited by inBlue

You completely neglected earlier posts stating how Invis, MPrime, Blessing, etc. would be buffed, and in endgame those are arguably as useful or more useful than the skills you listed save for Disarm.

Thank you! It's like no one even noticed how I pointed out how many abilities would become insanely op with this change! Most of the abilities I mentioned scale, too. But, you know, I'm sure nerfing these 3 abilities that haven't caused many problems at all would definitly be worth the 25 we just made insanely overpowered was definitly worth it.

1) Disarm

2) Miasma

3) Jav/Blind

4) Blade storm

Disarm does no damage and benefits everyone. Radial Blind needs Duration to be effective. I don't get how people can be pissed off with that.

All damaging abilities are the problem, specifically SpamMesa4toWin, SpaMiasma, Radial Jav. Bladestorm takes so much time it should't count.

On 2015-05-24 at 11:42 PM, Epicagemo said:

-True trade offs for ALL ABILITIES...

Says the player with the Mesa avatar; a frame which would benefit from all of this, and which is a grave Press-4-To-Win offender, shameful.

Now since you got on my nerves, I've gone through the trouble of checking what notable abilities would get screwed...

Spoiler

● Blade Storm

● Sonar

● Sound Quake

● Radial Blind

● Radial Javelin

● Snow Globe

● Tentacle Swarm

● Cataclysm (not sure if this qualifies as "notable")

● Radial Disarm

● Pull

● Shield Polarize

● Crush

● Prism

● Desecrate

● Terrify

● Chaos

● Absorb

● Iron Skin (the Iron Shrapnel augment to be more precise)

● Roar (debatable)

● Stomp

● Miasma (Saryn will go back to being utterly useless, not even kidding)

● Energy Vampire (will have to switch to flow, and EV will take around 6 seconds to give all the energy)

● Bastille

● Vortex (debatable)

● Overload (who even uses this?)

● Turbulence

And what notable abilities would be buffed...

Spoiler

● Smoke Screen

● Elemental Ward

● Vex Armor

● Fire Blast

● Banish/Rift Walk

● Decoy

● Invisibility

● Shatter Shield (all hail Mesa the semi-godmode nuking queen of doom)

● Hall of Mirrors

● Eclipse

● Shadows of the Dead

● Molecular Prime

● Roar (debatable)

● Link

● Blessing

● Warcry

● Hysteria

● Vortex (debatable)

● Speed

● Electric Shield

Let's say DE decides to implement this idea, what will it achieve?

● Majority of support abilities will take a hit, and selfish ones will get buffed

● Demand for Trinity will increase

● Mesa's ultimate will not be affected

● RIP in pieces Saryn

● Forums will explode with rage

Soon however, players will realize they can use 5/5 Streamline + 3/5 Fleeting to minimize range loss to -40% whilst keeping the efficiency at 70%, and also realize that -40% range just means we have 195% instead of 235% range, that's like what, 10 meters on excalibur? So his aoe goes down to 48 meters from 58?

Hah...  insignificant, even dense players will be forced to admit this was useless and did nothing but create unnecessary chaos in the community.

However, some people just don't seem to learn, so we will now have threads suggesting to change Fleeting's debuff to -Strenght, and there will be yet another commenter saying something as nonsensical as "So much "I don't want things to change" Bias. :P"...

...Now to my actual response...

Change doesn't justify change; if a change doesn't fix or improve anything, then it isn't justified.

People disliking bad changes doesn't equate to "people dislike changes".

It's absolutely insane that you think the only reason people don't want this change is because they hate changes.

By your own logic, if I asked you to stop using the internet and you said no, then that must mean you hate changes.

But seriously though, stop using the internet. ":P"

Edited by Kripnex

Some people want to parkour all over the map, dodge and cover, and shoot enemies with their guns.  Guts and glory types, and it's all good.

Some people want to crunch numbers (literally or figuratively), figure out the most optimal or efficient loadout and squad configuration to "solve' the difficulty of a certain map or mission type.

The former might find the latter's chosen playstyle as being boring or lazy.

The latter might find the former's chosen playstyle obtuse and inefficient.

The game allows for both approaches (and anything in between) to be viable as well as it does other takes on gameplay.

Issues and disagreements on the current state of the game seem to come from some kind of frustration over people doing things differently and achieving success.

You are a saint.