Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Animation Rework?

-Siris-

Greetings ya'll!

I'm an active Warframe player and I'd love to say that being a space ninja is awesome, but I just kinda feel the way the Tenno run is kinda....... fidgety. Yeah, fidgety! I can't really pinpoint why either,just feels weird. Maybe it's a little too fast.If the Developes can make them run like Edward Kenway that would be very nice. At least in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I think it's that the running animations really fast but we aren't moving fast enough. So it feels kinda unbalanced.

Edited by -Siris-

Eh we don't even know if whats inside our warframes exist, are organic, human, or what ever stupid thing, and well Tenno were never meant to be human, just human-ish, I like how different tenno are to humans and like anything that would normally be questioned, so in my opinion thats worth nothing cause its the internet, let the tenno running animations stay.

[And when I feel like it, MAX POWER VOLT SPEED!, TO LUDICROUS SPEED!]

All the animations in every department will be tuned up eventually. I don't think this is very high up on their bucket list. Right now it's all hands on deck for U17.

Yeah. But I do feel that reworking this part will improve the overall feeling of the entire game.

Eh we don't even know if whats inside our warframes exist, are organic, human, or what ever stupid thing, and well Tenno were never meant to be human, just human-ish, I like how different tenno are to humans and like anything that would normally be questioned, so in my opinion thats worth nothing cause its the internet, let the tenno running animations stay.

[And when I feel like it, MAX POWER VOLT SPEED!, TO LUDICROUS SPEED!]

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/456850-something-in-conclave-regarding-lore/?fromsearch=1

Yeah. But I do feel that reworking this part will improve the overall feeling of the entire game.

You should bring it up in the Devstream thread. DE picks questions and answers them on stream. Make it less specific and more general like "Have you considered tuning up certain animations in the game? For example the sprinting animation or older melee stance animations".

But don't expect it to be answered on that stream. Devstreams tend to have a theme they run with like Boss reworks, Parkour 2.0, Melee etc.

In conclusion, I don't think DE is considering tuning up animations right now since they've got their hands full with U17. But there may be a few improvements here and there to compliment the new movement system.

might be a problem of sinc, the kinds were your character feet move but they dont properly represent the distance they are pacing.

Many instances of the game have a slippery effect or inertia, those I do notice, when ur char is starting the run anim, but as not yet moved.

I wanted to make a thread talking about the same thing, I 100% agree with you.

It just feels like if they are fish, the animations focus on the torso and the head, but they don't give the "running" feel to both the arms and the legs.

It's not just the running animations that feel fishy, shooting animations and most reloading animations too (For example, the animations for most rocket launchers don't give the "heavy" shooting feel to them.)

It just feels like if they are fish, the animations focus on the torso and the head, but they don't give the "running" feel to both the arms and the legs.

It's not just the running animations that feel fishy, shooting animations and most reloading animations too (For example, the animations for most rocket launchers don't give the "heavy" shooting feel to them.)

Yeah. As a whole, the animations and movement in this game feel very swimmy, and it tends to make moving and climbing around in WF's maps feel annoying at times.

Perfeeeeect