Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Time In Warframe Is Faster Than Actual Time ..?

Valkyrion

i dont know if im tripping balls or no one notice this, but when i go to the foundry, i sometime feel that my one minute to make gear was crafted too fast. Then when i see and compare it, it IS going faster than normal time, like, its tick tick tick tick(second). i see the the clock in my pc and an actual clock, it goes tick ... tick .... tick.... (second)

so is this intended? bug? or im tripping balls?

There is no bug. Simply because you are staring at a timer does not mean it gets updated real time on your client.

By this logic, you could do a denial of service attack by just getting 10 million people to start building 10 things and then sit on that screen and watch timers.

The server does not communicate real time backwards and forwards, all it has to do is check at random intervals, and just make ONE proper check whenever you open the panel for an update calculation, if the start and end time don't match what is saved.

There is no bug. Simply because you are staring at a timer does not mean it gets updated real time on your client.

By this logic, you could do a denial of service attack by just getting 10 million people to start building 10 things and then sit on that screen and watch timers.

The server does not communicate real time backwards and forwards, all it has to do is check at random intervals, and just make ONE proper check whenever you open the panel for an update calculation, if the start and end time don't match what is saved.

giphy.gif