Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera Beams

Ravlok

Hello fellow Tenno and Tenno creators.

Let me begin by stating that I love this game, and that I play solo because I like to be challanged and as a long-time gamer (Wizzardry), I trust my gaming skills and have come to distain the Leroy Jenkins of the world. 

I liked how the cameras in Warframe opperated without the beam effect on them since the new update. Don't get me wrong, I hate just as much when I miss one and panic to locate the camera I missed. I just enjoyed that I had to pay attention, listen for the cameras, locate and remove them. I liked how it made playing the Corpus more methodical and made the game more real and the gamer play more competient.

Now with the cameras emitting beams, it makes all cameras overtly visible from a great distance and removes the demand that the player pay attention to details, in effect "dummies down" this great game and minimizes the skill that was once required, and a lot of the fun for me

I have found that any game company can create the manically charged overstimulating slaughterfest that most often takes and create very little game skill and team building and churn out the Leroy jenkins of the world. I see something great in this game, that it is intelligently created, demands skill or demands that you create the skill to play it, please don't make this game a haven for those who seek chatrooms, dance around with as little clothes on as possible, and beg to be run to the easiest destinations in the game.

This game has the potential to be much better.

Thanks for the great game.

Ravlok

I think it makes them look cooler. Besides, face it, by now you've probably memorized the exact location and number of cameras per room and it's really just a matter of guessing which one it is you need to shoot. The beams will help all the new players realize why there are green beams blocking the doors. This game is already pretty steep in its learning curve, don't need to make it harder on the newcomers just because you're used to it.

I agree with Urash. There is no "surprise" to cameras once you figure them out, and if you know that there are 2 lights on this side of a room, the third must be a camera.

I am colorblind, so I can't tell the difference between the green lights from the cameras and the standard lights, this format change makes it much easier to spot as well.

I'm fine with them now, maybe finally i will not be the only one to shoot them, but also my $&*&*#(%& teammates ._.

So much agreed! I play solo a lot now because of stupid people who just rush maps and completel ignore the cameras. Then cry when the rest of his team is taking to long to catch up. These beams are a bit ugly but if you still don't have enought sense to shoot them after this update then that's just sad. Long Live Camera Busters!

It's better, it would be nice if it was extended a bit by using a particle effect so the beams reflect dust in the air.

Although it will probably bring most peoples systems to a crawl in those areas.

The beams are clear enough.

Unfortunately people in public games would prefer to slide melee through the beams so you get trapped behind watching them get all the kills.

Thanks for your insight and opinions fellow Tennos. 

It makes sense that they become not so much of a suprise when you get to know their location (Urash thanks buddy) and that it really doesent make any difference whether camera's have beams or not if you don't pay attention to camera's or never knew of their existance in the first place. Thank you Yogotiss, for your wisdom. Live on fellow solo artist.

I also don't know what the Tenno Gods have instore for us as far as beams on the cameras go, maybe something in our future perhaps.

I forgot that some of you may have never heard of the infamous Leroy Jenkins, if so check him out on youutube.

Game on, and to quote dune, "Long Live The Fighter"

Ravlok