Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Artifact Suggestion] Mod / Resource Scavenger

Mediave

Considering the other types of scavenger artifacts we have (and the growing demand for resources), I believe a Resource Scavenger and a Mod Scavenger would be 2 great, and viable new artifacts, and would at least give players a few more attractive options.  It seems as is, people just take either Enemy Radar, or Energy Siphon.

Edit:  I believe an Orb Scavenger may be an interesting Artifact idea, as well.

Edited by Mediave

I hope that they never implement something like that. A Mod Scavenger artifact would probably be instantly viewed as mandatory to the point where people leave if there are too few of them in the party.  The current selection could definitely use some rework and rebalancing though. Orb Scavenger sounds more logical, although i'm not sure if Energy Siphon wouldn't still be better due to the higher reliability. Health Orb drop rate could be tripled without me noticing it. :(

I hope that they never implement something like that. A Mod Scavenger artifact would probably be instantly viewed as mandatory to the point where people leave if there are too few of them in the party.  

Not if they don't stack. 'This artifact will only increase your chances once.'

Plus its not like the artifact has to be common. Make it a rare artifact. You already can't get an artifact without receiving it from an alert anyway, so making it 'required' for a party is kind of stupid from the get-go, anyway.

Problem solved.

I hope that they never implement something like that. A Mod Scavenger artifact would probably be instantly viewed as mandatory to the point where people leave if there are too few of them in the party.  The current selection could definitely use some rework and rebalancing though. Orb Scavenger sounds more logical, although i'm not sure if Energy Siphon wouldn't still be better due to the higher reliability. Health Orb drop rate could be tripled without me noticing it. :(

I don't see how it would be viewed as mandatory.  A lot of people rely on the Energy Siphon as is.  Switching that out for Mod Scavenger would come at the risk of slower energy generation.  Besides, I'm not saying Mod Scavenger needs to give a massive boost to mod drop rates.  Just an idea.  ;)

Maybe online gaming has left me a little jaded but in my experience gamers are perfectionists. Since right now Warframe is basically shoot & loot (mods) with a very modest difficulty curve anything that increases your "magic find" would instantly replace the convenient but most of the time hardly necessary Energy Siphon. Be honest - if you read a suggestion like that what makes you instantly think 'hey that sounds like a great idea?'

At any rate should they implement artifacts like these making them unique seems really arbitrary and would not go well with the hop-in session making we have. I never liked relative power balance via rarity but i know that basically every MMO that ever existed has worked this way.

Bottom line what i wanted to say that in my experience when you have the choice to trade utility for magic find the latter is either too good or basically worthless depending on whether or not that utility is actually important. As for people quitting i have to admit that the warframe community seems really mature and tempered when compared to abominations like League of Legends etc. out there.

How about the more of an artifact we get through alerts, the stronger they get? Sorta like fusing them automatically. Then with enough energy siphon artifact runs through '?' alerts, Mag/Ember players won't constantly be hunting for blues like Pre-i4 Invuln Tankers in City of Heroes with their blue drop addiction.

Maybe online gaming has left me a little jaded but in my experience gamers are perfectionists. Since right now Warframe is basically shoot & loot (mods) with a very modest difficulty curve anything that increases your "magic find" would instantly replace the convenient but most of the time hardly necessary Energy Siphon. Be honest - if you read a suggestion like that what makes you instantly think 'hey that sounds like a great idea?'

Maybe energy siphon needs to be replaced? Gotta admit. It's only nice BECAUSE energy can be gained a little quicker thanks to the drops. I've had defense experiences (Probably because I suck.) where I needed energy really bad, but couldn't get any, and that little 1-2-3 siphon tick was only taunting me. xD It feels almost patronizingly useless in defense situations, I guess I'm trying to say...(Course if I were good at this game I'd probably be alright, but hey what kind of argument is that? A 'DUH' one.)...butIstilluseitanyway.

Plus I dunno. If energy drop was rare, and energy siphon still existed--but was just more common, it'd make sense to me. Consider this. Enemy Sense is a mod that lets you see where enemies are on the map. Enemy Alert is an Artifact that does the job better, and lets EVERYONE see. When I got my hands on Enemy Alert, guess where Enemy Sense went? Isn't this how MMOs work in-terms of gear? You get one peice of fear. You use it until you get something better. -Shrugs.-

Not trying to say your point isn't a good one. It is, and I kind of agree---usually it is too good to be true. But a little option doesn't hurt. Plus if you have a suggestion versus the rarity route, I'm all ears. It sounds interesting enough.

Also, I'm glad you've had a decent experience with this community. I hope it stays that way.

xmrsmoothx, on 18 May 2013 - 5:54 PM, said:

Blueprint scavenger pls.

I had this mad flashback of when I was farming for Ember just now. I still don't have that frame. I gave up and went for Mag. xD

Edited by Hauteclere

At any rate should they implement artifacts like these making them unique seems really arbitrary and would not go well with the hop-in session making we have. I never liked relative power balance via rarity but i know that basically every MMO that ever existed has worked this way.

Bottom line what i wanted to say that in my experience when you have the choice to trade utility for magic find the latter is either too good or basically worthless depending on whether or not that utility is actually important. As for people quitting i have to admit that the warframe community seems really mature and tempered when compared to abominations like League of Legends etc. out there.

Don't get me wrong, I can see where you're coming from, but I kind of feel like that wouldn't be an issue here.  I think people would mostly use it in cases of Defense mission farming, (also, alternatively the Resource Scavenger, depending on what they're there for), since that's what they'll be farming for on those mission.  I think through other forms of gameplay, it's really up to the user to decide which artifact compliments their playstyle best.

Blueprint scavenger pls.

I'd like to think that might fall under either resources or (possibly) orb scavenger (since it does drop in the form of an orb).  I feel you though, I had to kill Nef Anyo at least 20 times before I got even the first Mag BP.  D: