Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But What The Heck Has Happened To The Market?

Marco98Pro

fixed

New players shouldn't have that to be honest. As you said, they are new. They need to work for them like we all did once.

Or you are suggesting make New players start with thousands of Alloy?

Edited by Sikab

TL;DR: Grinding is the game itself. Don't like it? Game is not for you then.

DE already stated that Warframe isn't supposed to be about grinding.

Why did DE change the Market to begin with?

I mean, you can't even buy a single melee weapon directly any more, not even a Skana.

It may be ok for players who advanced in the game, but new players will have serious diffiulties with the prices and materials needed.

Yeah I'm not too pleased about the new market update. I understand jacking up the credit prices since credit are easier to come by, but grinding for things like rubedo or alloy plate is annoying. They should just have certain weapons cost like 150k so it stills allows the player to freely play the game as they grind for items rather than being trapped on the same planet grinding for the same resources. It's also aggravating when you do a whole mission and maybe get 12 alloy plate for 15 minutes of game time. If credits are used the there is always sufficient progression towards new gear.

New players shouldn't have that to be honest. As you said, they are new. They need to work for them like we all did once.

no, but now that I think about it, that would actually be a really good idea

I'm suggesting letting new players have a good feel of how different weapon types work, and not just mk1 braton, or braton

it's not even like you can really effectively farm alloy in venus anymore after they removed the abort exploit. which basically means they're stuck with braton until they hit ceres...the 3rd last planet in the system

no, but now that I think about it, that would actually be a really good idea

I'm suggesting letting new players have a good feel of how different weapon types work, and not just mk1 braton, or braton

it's not even like you can really effectively farm alloy in venus anymore after they removed the abort exploit. which basically means they're stuck with braton until they hit ceres...the 3rd last planet in the system

"stuck with Braton" <-- Which Is in the ranks of one of the best weapons in the game. -_-

They need to work for them like we all did once.

Except we didn't have to, and that's the whole issue here. 500 alloy for a single weapon is outrageously high, even more so if you don't have access to Kiste yet, which as a new player you obviously don't.

Try farming 500 alloy on Venus, go ahead. It'll take you weeks.

Spend those 500 alloy on a weapon that you can't even try out.

Find out that you don't like the weapon. Then what, farm alloy again?

By then you probably have access to Kiste, so you can play that all day long. Great fun, never gets dull, except it does. Yes, Warframe is grindy per se, but this takes it to a whole new level. New players have exactly two options, burn out on grinding, or stick with the Braton forever. No fun allowed.

If you can't see how variety can make up for grindy content, then you're one of those people who probably can play Kiste and nothing else 12 hours a day too. Good for you, don't expect that from everybody else though. 

I agree that the market needed a rework, I strongly disagree with how this has been handled. If I was a new player, I wouldn't stick around for long, because all I see is outrageous prices for weapons, be it ingame currency or platinum.

"stuck with Braton" <-- Which Is in the ranks of one of the best weapons in the game. -_-

so what...there's more to fun than being effective. that's like saying it'd be ok for d2 to force all players to play hammerdin before they can try other stuff

Except we didn't have to, and that's the whole issue here. 500 alloy for a single weapon is outrageously high, even more so if you don't have access to Kiste yet, which as a new player you obviously don't.

Try farming 500 alloy on Venus, go ahead. It'll take you weeks.

Spend those 500 alloy on a weapon that you can't even try out.

Find out that you don't like the weapon. Then what, farm alloy again?

By then you probably have access to Kiste, so you can play that all day long. Great fun, never gets dull, except it does. Yes, Warframe is grindy per se, but this takes it to a whole new level. New players have exactly two options, burn out on grinding, or stick with the Braton forever. No fun allowed.

If you can't see how variety can make up for grindy content, then you're one of those people who probably can play Kiste and nothing else 12 hours a day too. Good for you, don't expect that from everybody else though. 

I agree that the market needed a rework, I strongly disagree with how this has been handled. If I was a new player, I wouldn't stick around for long, because all I see is outrageous prices for weapons, be it ingame currency or platinum.

Now that I think about. I'm farming Xini for 10 hours for now and I still have plenty of power in myself to do it. But that's off-topic.

To be on topic. Why should reaching Venus mean that it is time for a new Weapon? You reach Venus in literally 40minutes of gameplay. How much even your starting weapon advanced? Like rank3? By the time you reach rank30 with 1 of your gun, you'll have enough Alloy for your next1.

so what...there's more to fun than being effective. that's like saying it'd be ok for d2 to force all players to play hammerdin before they can try other stuff

I see your reasons now. sneaky sneaky. so you don't want to work for your items, what would be a "fix" for you is throw out the weapons for every1 for free obviously so you can skip the work part.

I get it now :)

PS.: Credits are not something you can call "worked for". You can get Credits so easily it's almost doesn't even matter how much something costs. Even on starting Planets.
Edited by Sikab

Maybe this could be helped if DE introduced some kind of trial period for weapons. For example you could buy certain weapon for a few hours (for some credits), but you could do that only once, also no customization and reduced mod capacity. This could give new players a chance to try different playstyles and see what they like while simultaneously providing motivation. Tooltips should also emphasise that build weapons are permanent and how you can color them and stuff (marketing, it matters :D).

This of course wouldn't change the fact that it's pain in the &amp;#&#33; to farm APs, but it could make it easier for new players to swallow. So they don't just say F*** it and leave when they hear/experience how hard it is to farm APs.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I'm not too concerned about this change. Most of the weapons are still very much available and credits have been plentiful ever since they increased the amount you get from missions and alerts. Adding more blueprints encourages people to spend some money on platinum, completely optional, but it supports DE to continue the development process. I'm not sure how their financial status is, but looking at how many people absolutely not willing to purchase anything for any reason I am more worried about that than about us not always getting what we want.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on these forums. People will have two choices when they start: buy plat or quit. Guess which one most people will choose? In no way is this "encouraging" people to buy plat. People who start off will get a bad impression of this game from the get go because they can't get most upgrades until they farm for obscene alloy amounts. Since they won't have a lot of planets unlocked, they won't be getting as many alerts. They will quit altogether and shrink the player base by quite a bit.

Edited by DaClamps

But the braton isn't the most effective weapon. Hek still is. Braton is close to being as effective and is fun. Your argument sucks.

Edited by DaClamps

What are you on? I mean honestly, how past fully mental are you exactly?

These changes won't impact veteran players nearly as much as beginners. This isn't about what hurts me personally because honestly beyond maybe one level of mastery ranking, they don't affect me in the slightest. Who these changes hurt aren't me or many of my clan mates, who it hurts are the newbies, the beginning players who don't have the knowledge, experience, resources or even platinum that myself and other longer term players do when it comes to churning out new weapons and frames.

Also as for working for them, I don't know what game you were playing but the one I've been playing since January had the most expensive weapon purchases available for 50k, a trivial amount for any semi-regular, even casual player.

Get your head out of your arse and try to realize the entire world doesn't revolve around yourself.

Edited by Karko

Now that I think about. I'm farming Xini for 10 hours for now and I still have plenty of power in myself to do it.

Big surprise right there.

Why should reaching Venus mean that it is time for a new Weapon? You reach Venus in literally 40minutes of gameplay.

I never said that. Fact is, Venus is the only place you can get alloy from, next to Sedna and Ceres, the latter both being rather "endgamey"

By the time you reach rank30 with 1 of your gun, you'll have enough Alloy for your next1.

If you play Venus and only Venus, which brings us back to variety. Wanna see other planets and missions? No problem, but no new weapon for you then. If you get to Kiste/Kappa and farm those instead, your weapon will be rank 30 way before you have enough alloy for a new one.

Either way, you'll be stuck with one weapon only and burn out on grinding, instead of enjoying what little content there is.

Try seeing this from the perspective of a new player who's never played this before. All they'll see is that after playing 10 hours they have 22 alloy in their inventory and that they need another 478 for a single gun.

Edited by Psyked

Big surprise right there.

I never said that. Fact is, Venus is the only place you can get alloy from, next to Sedna and Ceres, the latter both being rather "endgamey"

If you play Venus and only Venus, which brings us back to variety. Wanna see other planets and missions? No problem, but no new weapon for you then. If you get to Kiste/Kappa and farm those instead, your weapon will be rank 30 way before you have enough alloy for a new one.

Either way, you'll be stuck with one weapon only and burn out on grinding, instead of enjoying what little content there is.

Try seeing this from the perspective of a new player who's never played this before. All they'll see is that after playing 10 hours they'll have 22 alloy in their inventory and that they need another 488 for a single gun.

I wasn't always a Founder also. I started out once as a New player also.

I did my grinding for every Frame, Weapon. What was possible to build via BP, I built it. Farmed so many Alloys on Venus also i can't even count. I'm exactly looking from a new players perspective... from that kind of a persons perspective who did his research about the game, knew what the Genre of the game is.

Did it turned me away?

Crafting is a big part of the game. After this patch it's clear Foundry and farming is a part of the content.

Yelling "New players will instantly quit" is nonsense and no info to back that up. Thing is... Most ppl adapt very well. There is a reason why the ppl who post on the forum is called the minority of the community.

Most players don't give 2 cents about these so called "issues".

While you argue here about a "problem" the game currently is filled with happy ppl farming.

Every game has New Players who quit on daily basis... but just as many new comes who will stick around.

Only impatient players will quit instantly at the first obstacle. And to tell you the truth... no1 will miss them.

Edited by Sikab

I did my grinding for every Frame, Weapon. What was possible to build via BP, I built it. Farmed so many Alloys on Venus also i can't even count. I'm exactly looking from a new players perspective... from that kind of a persons perspective who did his research about the game, knew what the Genre of the game is.

Did it turned me away?

Crafting is a big part of the game. After this patch it's clear Foundry and farming is a part of the content.

Yelling "New players will instantly quit" is nonsense and no info to back that up. Thing is... Most ppl adapt very well. There is a reason why the ppl who post on the forum is called the minority of the community.

While you argue here about a "problem" the game currently is filled with happy ppl farming.

Every game has New Players who quit on daily basis... but just as many new comes who will stick around.

Only impatient players will quit instantly at the first obstacle. And to tell you the truth... no1 will miss them.

And this is how DFO died.

...Did it turned me away?

No, you've proven already that you like grinding the same S#&amp;&#036; over and over again.

Good, it should be. The current implementation doesn't work, that's why this thread exists.

Yelling "New players will instantly quit" is nonsense and no info to back that up.

Well, two can play that game.

Thing is... Most ppl adapt very well. There is a reason why the ppl who post on the forum is called the minority of the community.

Hearsay.

Baseless.

Made up.

And Warframe would have many more sticking around, if it didn't scare them off in the first 20 minutes.

And to tell you the truth... no1 will miss them.

... aaaand I'm out.

Did it turned me away?

DE's financial officers will

also, what the hell is your job. how are you 37 and have time to farm xini for 10 hours. ...I want a job like that.......

But the braton isn't the most effective weapon. Hek still is. Braton is close to being as effective and is fun. Your argument sucks.

...believe it or not, fun is subjective. amazing fact of life, I know

DE's financial officers will

also, what the hell is your job. how are you 37 and have time to farm xini for 10 hours. ...I want a job like that.......

...believe it or not, fun is subjective. amazing fact of life, I know

It's weekend :)

I'm a programmer at a company which builds highways in the country i live in.

EDIT: just realized i double posted. Sorry.

Edited by Sikab

Now that I think about. I'm farming Xini for 10 hours for now and I still have plenty of power in myself to do it. But that's off-topic.

To be on topic. Why should reaching Venus mean that it is time for a new Weapon? You reach Venus in literally 40minutes of gameplay. How much even your starting weapon advanced? Like rank3? By the time you reach rank30 with 1 of your gun, you'll have enough Alloy for your next1.

I see your reasons now. sneaky sneaky. so you don't want to work for your items, what would be a "fix" for you is throw out the weapons for every1 for free obviously so you can skip the work part.

I get it now :)

PS.: Credits are not something you can call "worked for". You can get Credits so easily it's almost doesn't even matter how much something costs. Even on starting Planets.

I don't really care. I've been playing warframe for quite some time now and have already settled in to a main loadout and potato'ed them. the only thing I have left to farm for are the new mods and barrel diffusion. and I would enjoy that farming more if I could do it while screwing around with weapons I never tried before every now and then...and just sell them back when I find out they're just as crappy as I imagined.......like I did with burstron...and bronco....and dual skanas...

I was about to do the same for bo and furax, but screw that now. I'm not sinking hundreds of alloy plates on something I don't even really want but just wanna mess around with for kicks

I don't really care. I've been playing warframe for quite some time now and have already settled in to a main loadout and potato'ed them. the only thing I have left to farm for are the new mods and barrel diffusion. and I would enjoy that farming more if I could do it while screwing around with weapons I never tried before every now and then...and just sell them back when I find out they're just as crappy as I imagined.......like I did with burstron...and bronco....and dual skanas...

I was about to do the same for bo and furax, but screw that now. I'm not sinking hundreds of alloy plates on something I don't even really want but just wanna mess around with for kicks

A little secret: Mastery Rank Passives are in the works. You might want to reconsider :)

Edited by Sikab

Now that I think about. I'm farming Xini for 10 hours for now and I still have plenty of power in myself to do it.

Just because you do doesn't mean everyone else has to. Especially when you're a company that's trying to get new players to stay in the game, playing your game, and hopefully, spending money on your game. It's harder to get people to spend money on your game by boring them into submission.

And yet games like Elsword are still going strong.

Elsword strong aspect is the skill based PvP.

Elsword and GFOs only similarity si that it has also Mobs in it. And that's it. In every other aspect it's a whole different game.