Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Lost Its.. Well Everything.

Kenshin666

The saving grace of the Paris is that firing it doesn't alert enemies and that arrows can over-penetrate and go through multiple opponents. I've managed to hit a row of four enemies and pin them across the room with a single arrow. When the lead starts flying though, it's difficult to leverage in a firefight without covering fire from teammates or powers of distraction like Loki's Decoy.

Try it on ancients and something bigger than a squirrel and you will notice the difference.

Venarge <- Speed trigger wont work with paris honey, serration i have but it doesnt seem to do much anymore.

Speed trigger makes teh draw speed much faster....

The damage output on the weapon combine with its ability to penetrate multiple softer targets, makes the weapon good even against groups of enemy's.

The downside is it is highly skill dependent in order to effectively deal with quickly changing situations and multiple targets.

Speed trigger makes teh draw speed much faster....

The damage output on the weapon combine with its ability to penetrate multiple softer targets, makes the weapon good even against groups of enemy's.

The downside is it is highly skill dependent in order to effectively deal with quickly changing situations and multiple targets.

It's also best when you're the host too. If you're not the host and the session's host lives in Narnia/Equestria/Faerun/Mordor/R'lyeh/A Blackhole's Singularity, then you're gonna be wasting arrows as that Grineer you were aiming at suddenly moonwalks back behind at a crate at what can only be described as Mach 3.

There is a thread already contributing to the possible nerf of the Paris after update 7.11.0 

I have no idea if there is a thread code or something but I don't see it. So here's the link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46144-paris-no-crit/?hl=paris

Might be worthwhile checking.. There was indeed a nerf that we were not told of. A pretty big one for me since I myself use Paris as a killing machine against ancients.

The only thing the Paris needs, is a higher critical chance, like 20% base crit chance, the current one is way too low, even with max critical increase mods..

The base critical chance -IS- 20%, the issue is that either it got stealth nerfed (yeah right, those are stealthy for half an hour at most here) or it got bugged.

IIrc, only the sounds were supposed to be changed.

Something must have broken then.

Edit:

From the patchnotes:  

• Reworked Paris firing sound. No more musical notes. Added dedicated 2D and 3D sounds.
  • Reworked bow draw and added dedicated 2D and 3D sounds.
  • Reworked all bolt impacts and added water and flesh.
Edited by firequill

Big damage difference between hosting and not hosting now... Something is broken.

It was suggested that mods may not be functioning properly on some weapons...could be the issue with the Paris. Had noticed myself that the frost mod on my weapons sometimes worked, and sometimes didn't

EDIT: Decided to go test this...at the very least, elemental mods DO NOT work if you are not the host. The effect shows, but no damage is dealt. Not sure if this is the case with other mods or not since things like crit are kind of hard to test.

Edited by Corvinna

The paris crit chance has been dropped to around what seems to be 2% from 20%, judging from numbers found in testing on the wiki.

I can go easily 2 missions using the Paris before it crits once, before i could consistently line up headshot crits almost all the time on ancients.

Crits are barely happening now, also i noticed that despite using the reload & fast trigger mods the charging time is longer, ist small but if u used the weapon for a longer time its noticable.

Damage seems to be lower too...

I want my bow back ;_;

something by sure happened to paris, it was 20% crit chance, with mod it got up to 50%, and even with that now i crit like 1 each 45 shoots, but no hotfix about it, no update note about this chance, some dev should pay attention to it...

its still amazing, thunderbolt just wipes out mobs entirely. It does what it's supposed to skewering enemies, and the little extra boom makes it enough damage overall. Though this might be because i've had it potatoed.

Edited by LegoniQ

The paris isnt meant for mowing down many enemies. Its for sneaking around, 1 hitting enemies, and not being detected and it does its job perfectly. With a few damage mods it one hits any enemy even level 40 and maybe even 50s. It doesnt need very fast firing speed because you dont need to take down many enemies at once if you stealth.

Infested are very hard to headshot with the odd headboxes, running into melee range and lag. With 60% damage, 50% armor piercing and 30% fire I can't kill any of the level 21 light infested with a body shot. The bow works very well against standard grineer but the eight+ charged headshots it needs for commanders and heavy gunners don't lead me to think it will ever be effective on them. I'm not convinced it will ever one shot a Moa due to the shields.

I'll have to see how it is at max level with better mods but it's performance against basic enemies except grineer and corpus crewmen has been underwhelming. A fully modded Braton might be just as effective on DPS without the effort, weaknesses to certain enemies and low ammo supply.

Edited by Fuzzykat

The DPS just isn't there with Paris and thunderbolt really isn't as effective as people think. It's actually worse than all other damage mods unless you do nothing but infested defense and have a way to group them up. It's great that it's "stealthy", but that's irrelevant unless you solo, and you clear levels slower with the same/less reward than any other weapon.

Paris is less effective than nearly all other rifles, and rifles are some of the least effective weapons with how good secondaries and charge melees are, it is definitely underpowered and in need of tweaking.

Am I correct in thinking also that Serration doesn't improve the charge damage? The wiki seems to suggest that. Seems like that ought to be changed. I love the bow but it seemed to peter out as I modded up all my weapons, and agreed, headshots no longer seem to do much for you.

I tested. Serration improves charge damage. With 50% AP and 60% Serration a charged hit does 160 + 40 to a infested charger, without Serration it does 100 + 25 damage.

Edited by Fuzzykat

cant agree with any on u, paris was an impressive weapon with good mods, like point strike, serration, ap, vital sense. i've seen ppl one shot mobs 40+ in critical, with was a normal thing for paris, but now they change its chance without saying or they crashed something when they change its sound.

I could even say paris was as good as snipertron since it was just a little weaker but didn't need to reload a clip.

Edited by HeeroYui

Why would you guys make the only Ninja weapon in the game suck? Was it an accident?

I started playing and the bow is slower and does far less dmg.

So at least if you make it have bad dmg make it a lot faster or return it to its slow firing more powerfull state.

Thank you.

Using my Paris with damage mods higly upgraded and a max ranked Thunderbolt mod.

It literally explodes on 75% of arrows fired (mod sais 30%, there is no way its only 30% proc rate, its more like 75%).

Paris however need Thunderbolt to be great. Its not a boss weapon but its great to kill big groups with, its by far the best semi rifle/bow weapon in game when it comes to Infestation defence, due to its pretty massive aoe.

Good weapon imo.

The DPS just isn't there with Paris and thunderbolt really isn't as effective as people think. It's actually worse than all other damage mods unless you do nothing but infested defense and have a way to group them up. It's great that it's "stealthy", but that's irrelevant unless you solo, and you clear levels slower with the same/less reward than any other weapon.

Paris is less effective than nearly all other rifles, and rifles are some of the least effective weapons with how good secondaries and charge melees are, it is definitely underpowered and in need of tweaking.

Dont agree that rifles are innefective. A fully modded Braton is pretty damn brutal.

Melee attacks sure they can do well but nahh

There is not a chance in heck that any melee character can out damage me when I go berzerker with my Strun.

100%+ damage mod, 100% multi shot, fire, fire rate increase, whatever sauce you want, I got it.

I stopped using Shotguns cause it made the game way too easy.

I have tons of highly modded melee weapons, sure they kick arse, but they dont come close to shotguns.

And high fire rate weapons do close to the same.

A highly modded Afuris...kicks furiously arse.

Got both Kraken and Lex at lvl 30 but my Afuris is just brutal and alot better as a 2nd for ohh shot moments, as it clears rooms in seconds.

As for rifles.

Snipertron is not bad at all, use it as a shotgun, aim only when you need. Learn to not miss shots without aiming and this is one bad mother.

Its a rifle version of Hekk with insane accuracy.

As for Paris: Its balanced. Thunderbolt is hardcore. Sure if you dont have it modded, its not good, but maxed out Thunderbolt must have a stealth buff cause once I went from nearly full to fully modded Thunderbolt, its proccing so much I cant even take shots from close quarters.

As a matter of fact, there is no need to ever draw the bow cause it have very high base damage without fully drawn, and with thunderbolt proccing..

So forget about speed mods, just add a ton of damage mods on it and spam arrows,