Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Fine Reobtains Rights To Iron Brigade Plus On Sale - Gwfl Finally Replaced With Steamworks - Iron Brigade To Receive Bug Fixes & More.

taiiat

http://store.steampowered.com/app/115120/

if you don't know what Iron Brigade is, it is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Tower Defense / Third Person Shooter.

defend your objectives against various flavors of 'Tubes', magic robot soldiers designed after Animals, and stylized in 50's ish themes of CRT tubes and such.

place Towers to aid your 'Mobile Trench' (Mech) in the slaying of these creatures.

look for upgrades for Towers, new Tower Types, Towers with special effects, and more!

get random l00t from Enemies, get l00t from completing challenges and reaching checkpoints in 'endless' Survival, and more.

look for outlandish, incredibly silly Weaponry to help you defend against the Tubes.

Machine Guns, Shotguns, Sniper Cannons, Artillery Cannons, Grenade Launchers, Continuous 'Broadcasters'. Weapons vary from the very basic in each category - such as a generic Machine Gun or Shotgun - all the way up to wildly outlandish Weapons with lavish bonus effects.

such as 'Shredding', which will cause Enemies to drop extra 'Scrap' (the Currency that Enemies drop that allow you to build more Towers); Richochet, Projectiles will bounce to nearby Enemies or randomly; Piercing, Projectiles can pierce terrain and Enemies to hit things behind; Magnetic, Enemies are sucked in to a central point; 'Charging' Targets, Enemies nearby Charged Enemies taking more Damage; Cluster Bombs; Explosives that leave trails of Bomblets in their wake behind them; causing Enemies to Explode upon death; Healing other Players... and more.

and this definitely isn't a mazing game. place your Towers where ever you like, looking for strategic advantages. keep in mind that Enemies can attack your Towers and destroy them.

fight a wide variety of Enemies, everyting from general mooks that soak up bullets and attention to ones that specifically target Players or specifically target Towers, to specialized Mini-Bosses.

Cosmetically customize your Character, and your Trench / Towers! find more Cosmetic goodies while playing the game.

i think i covered most of the basics.

Edit:

oh, and if it isn't obvious, Iron Brigade has Multiplayer! 2-4 Player Co-Op. since Steamworks was added just a few days ago, it's kind've buggy and trying to invite a third or fourth Player doesn't always work.

Edited by taiiat

Boomerang cannons

Bouncing blue balls of death

Repair cranes

AntiAircraft turrets

Sniper turrets

Shottie turrets

Mine turrets

Cluster cannons the list goes on and on.....

Turrrrrrets errrrrrrwhere... literally :)

Had some fun with that game lol

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

I got this game when it was free on Xbox and fell in love with it.
Might get an on-sale copy for my computer just for the hell of it.

I'm really hoping that this means that more content will be released for it.

Edited by MrPie5

I'm really hoping that this means that more content will be released for it.

that would be pretty sweet.

for now, we can start with Bug Fixes and Et Cetera. fixing incorrect stats and some features that just outright don't work, Et Cetera.

but more content, i would certainly not complain. i'd even pay for it.

super mega, extreme, awesome bonus points if like some other games such as Payday 2 or Dungeon Defenders(for most of the Content) - where only the Host of a session needs to own DLC in order for Players to play it.

though for Iron Brigade it would be great if that was just atleast one Player in the session rather than specifically the Host.

the reason for this, is that traditional DLC expansion is actually detrimental for a game. Players must own it to play it, and that is where most Players will be playing. making the original content obsolete and a ghost town.

Battlefield actually has this problem - you must own DLC to play it. which makes sense from a business standpoint - but is completely fractures the Player base, causing Servers to find it difficult to get enough Players to fill up and be worth paying the money to Host the Server.

so having a more lenient policy makes for a less stressed community.