The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unkillable 2Nd Warframe.exe Process

Bipp

As the title says, every now and again while playing warframe the game bugs. Understandably so but when I close the game so I can restart it the launcher gets permanently stuck on "Checking for new content". 

The cause of this seems to be a second Warframex64.exe process being left open despite the game having been closed. This process is a hidden one that is still (strangely enough) listed under my user account that I can only find while viewing all processes in Task Manager (one of the admin options). The 'zombie' process takes anywhere from 200mb all the way to 1.3gb of ram, can't be killed even if I'm running task manager as an admin and won't go away unless I restart the computer.

This problem occurred 3 flipping times in a row while trying to get to the Orcus Relay to get my hands on the oh-so-fantastically OP Prisma Skana (joke).

Why on earth is this happening?

• 3 months later...

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, I've too this issue. The process is completely unkillable (even with some debug tools), I think there is an I/O lock somewhere. All my drivers are up to date btw.

I'll try do launch the game in 32 bit mode, like you. I hope this will fix this issue.