Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu In Conclave

Apex_Nemachode

Let me start off by saying, this weapon has an extremely slow fire rate, by far the slowest in conclave. It's a bow so like any other, missed shots are extremely punishing. Using this weapon in particular takes great patience since players just happen to love sliding all over the maps, making them hard to hit. So what is it about this bow that gave me hope? Oh yes! The one hit kill. It 'used' to be the ultimate trade-off for all the negative aspects of this weapon until the recent nerf to its damage. Not sure if you, DE, truly meant to nerf this weapon or just troll us. Still curious by what I mean? Take a look at the image provided below.

ux8yX4Y.jpg

If you saw the image above and still haven't understood what I meant by it, look at the players health (I have absolutely NO intention of 'naming and shaming' the player, it was just a screenshot I took). Give or take, that player must have health ranging from 1 to 3, 3 at max. The feeling of utter disappointment when I look at the health bar is just frustrating. I understand that the one of the main  goals of conclave is balance, but making a weapon ten times worse than it already is- is not balance. Please, just buff the Daikyu's damage enough for it to be a one hit kill, because that's the only thing that this weapon has that actually makes it viable in conclave. 

EDIT: Just one last thing I'd like add. 

Please don't reply to this thread if you're only going to say, "Then don't use the Daikyu"

Edited by BLACKRIDERDEATH

You can't please everyone. Some wanted this nerf, some didn't. Not every weapon will be viable in conclave

Nothing viable in conclave? Have you seen the Gram ground pound slammers? Spamming that ability like there's no tomorrow. Why hasn't that been nerfed yet? Have you ever walked into a match with the opposing team using ONLY a gram? It's almost as bad as the Bo prime roflcopter'ing while they're channeling. 

Hard to aim? All I did was get right in their face and just send them flying.

Nothing viable in conclave? Have you seen the Gram ground pound slammers? Spamming that ability like there's no tomorrow. Why hasn't that been nerfed yet? Have you ever walked into a match with the opposing team using ONLY a gram? It's almost as bad as the Bo prime roflcopter'ing while they're channeling. 

Because there are a few very easy ways to counter it.

1. Handspring, you basically get up before the guy is done with the ground pound animation

2. Slide attack, it has invincibility frames.

3. Sure Footed + Fortitude

Edited by KingTaro

after that daikyu shot i would suggest switching to side arm and finish the job. Just saying there are +holster speed mods in pvp

Wouldn't you find that rather annoying if you keep on doing that 'combo' over and over again?

Hard to aim? All I did was get right in their face and just send them flying.

You mean to say that you score Headshots very often?

The issue with the daikyu wasn't the one hit kill. The issue was zero mobility trade-off. What's the risk in shooting, missing, and then coptering away to line up your next shot? It should be treated as a heavy weapon, as it is one.

The issue with the daikyu wasn't the one hit kill. The issue was zero mobility trade-off. What's the risk in shooting, missing, and then coptering away to line up your next shot? It should be treated as a heavy weapon, as it is one.

Please try doing that while the opposing enemy is mowing you down with an automatic rifle or something. Also, try to copter away from someone spamming ground slam with an Obex or Gram and tell me how it went for you.

I never said there was nothing viable in conclave. I said not everything will be viable. Some weapons are stronger than the other, such as the gram. It is annoying to have gram spammers in game but i'm not going to force DE to make changes, let them take care of what they need to take care of

Please try doing that while the opposing enemy is mowing you down with an automatic rifle or something. Also, try to copter away from someone spamming ground slam with an Obex or Gram and tell me how it went for you.

I exclusively used the daikyu when it was a one-hit kill. I had no problem using it, and consistently had a K/D of at least 4:1. 

Use handspring.

I never said there was nothing viable in conclave. I said not everything will be viable. Some weapons are stronger than the other, such as the gram. It is annoying to have gram spammers in game but i'm not going to force DE to make changes, let them take care of what they need to take care of

I understand that the dev team has a lot going on their minds for the game, let alone conclave, but nerfing everything isn't going to make anything better. All I'm trying to say is that there's nothing good about the Daikyu but it's one hit kill. I'm not asking for faster faster rate or something, but only a damage increase. I hope you at least took your time to look at the image provided. Seeing that everytime I hit an enemy, it's just plain annoying and I'm sure other's will agree.

To the guy below me: I do use Handspring, but it's effects on saving myself from ground pound is very minimal because it's range also comes to play once I get up since the enemy will start swinging when get up. And most of the time, I will die.

I exclusively used the daikyu when it was a one-hit kill. I had no problem using it, and consistently had a K/D of at least 4:1. 

Use handspring.

Edited by BLACKRIDERDEATH

To the guy below me: I do use Handspring, but it's effects on saving myself from ground pound is very minimal because it's range also comes to play once I get up since the enemy will start swinging when get up. And most of the time, I will die.

If you copter in-between ground slams, you can get away. Unfortunately, this only seems to be possible with handspring equipped, and that's sort of stupid to have to use a mod to fix something that shouldn't exist. The devs should definitely lower the radius of the ground slam from the obex (and perhaps apply a short cooldown to ground slams?). As for the gram, it makes sense for it to have a larger knockdown since it is a heavy weapon, however the spam should still go.

And for the record, RIP daikyu </3 That was the only weapon I really enjoyed using in conclave. Now it's back to mindless spam from assault rifles, though throwing the glaive in conjunction with them is somewhat redeeming.

If you copter in-between ground slams, you can get away. Unfortunately, this only seems to be possible with handspring equipped, and that's sort of stupid to have to use a mod to fix something that shouldn't exist. The devs should definitely lower the radius of the ground slam from the obex (and perhaps apply a short cooldown to ground slams?). As for the gram, it makes sense for it to have a larger knockdown since it is a heavy weapon, however the spam should still go.

And for the record, RIP daikyu </3 That was the only weapon I really enjoyed using in conclave. Now it's back to mindless spam from assault rifles, though throwing the glaive in conjunction with them is somewhat redeeming.

Yes it is possible to escape in between slams but the staggering effects of the gram is what prevents us from escaping the opposition. I think we're getting a bit off topic here so lets just discuss the Daikyu