Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Kubrow Companions With Scavenge Sync To Single Locker

RoninStorm

I regularly go on mission where myself and my cell have at least two Kubrow companions with the Scavenge mod.  We've tried to keep it so that only two have Scavenge, and those that do have it fully upgraded (i.e. 90% chance of success opening a locked locker).

When one Kubrow starts to Scavenge a locker, the other Kubrow teleports to the same location so that both start Scavenging the same locker, even if the other Kubrow was dozens of metres away.

Once the Scavenge completes, the other Kubrow runs back to its owner, though if another Scavenge starts while it is returning, it can be teleported to the next locker again.

It almost seems like there's only a single Scavenge logic thread running that both (all?) Kubrows sync to, and thus end up focusing on a single locker.

Additionally, it seems like if the first Kubrow succeeds at opening the locker, and then the second one succeeds just a fraction of a second later, the locker is open but the lights are toggled back to red as if it is still locked.  It can be opened regardless; it's just visually incorrect, probably meaning the lights action is "toggle light" not "set to light to green".  I'm unclear whether this is related to the overall Scavenge issue but it presents (effectively) simultaneously.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely a problem I've been having too. I haven't seen much on google about it yet, so maybe it's a new issue? Also, my friend's Kubrow warps to me even if he's not scavenging at the moment. We might try three kubrow to see how bad it really is.

• 2 months later...

We just noticed this problem when my friend and I both had kubrows with scavenge mods on. One starts to open a locker, the other teleports on top of the first one even from far away, then (on success) the first one turns the locker green, the second turns it back to red.

It's sort of funny, but unfortunately makes having two scavenging kubrows not only redundant but even a bit detrimental, since they can just suddenly vanish from your side. And, of course, not knowing which lockers are truly locked and which open is annoying. It would be nice if having several pups along would actually speed the opening of multiple lockers.