Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windmill Shuriken

(XBOX)xXx STR1FE xXx

Not sure if you know what I am getting at here, but I think we should be able to have a "heavy artillery" of thrown melee. Basically, if memory serves, a windmill shuriken is one of those medium-large sized shurikens or throwing stars you would see on Naruto or something. Like, you would have to hold the melee button to charge up the throw, and when you release or it is charged up completely, you rear back and throw it like your throwing a fast ball in baseball. Obviously it would take a second to charge it up before you could throw it. It could just be placed on your warframes back and it would just fit perfectly the way I am visioning it. With the tenno technology, it could be equipped with magnets so it could make its way back to you like the glaive. I like the idea myself.

Thoughts and opinions welcome!

-Strife

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

Yes Otenko, obviously. I'm talking about a bigger but slower thrown melee. Like in comparison with the Galatine, but not stat wise. I just think that at some point in time, it would be nice to have a "heavy artillery" of a thrown weapon.

Edit: I mean, this is a Ninja game lmao

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

ah yes the windmill shuriken.. used by kotaro fuma and the fuma ninja clan in 1500s era japan during the kyoto revolts

less flight distance with slower attack speed and charge to throw time than regular glaives but with a much larger hitbox and increased damage for both normal melee attacks and thrown

would be the quintessential corridor clearer 

I like the idea, but instead of a throwing weapon, make it the primary version of the hikou. And, to spice things up charging it would not increase its damage but instead increase the width of the blade. This would allow quick precision kills and slower corridor clearing buzz-saws. It should probably use the special type ammo.

I like that little drawing haha. I was thinking of it to be more of a giant 4-bladed throwing disc. Like, a bladed edge to the north, east, south and west ends of the weapon. And that idea for throwing it sounds pretty cool. When I imagine it, I just picture the warframes animation going into that of a pitcher throwing a fast ball but an extra second or two longer before the weapon is actually ready to throw. With the four sided idea, I was imagining a small handle somewhere on the weapon to where the warframe could grasp and hold it on this handle or something like that before throwing. I mean, it would look cool I believe. Based off of this concept, the weapon itself would be thrown like a fast ball in the animation, but for the sake of being unique, the weapon would spin vertically at launch, and transferring sideways with its spinning into a horizontal slicing angle. Since it is such a massive thrown secondary, when it returns to you, you would need to make an animation with your warframe to tell the game your weapon is coming back, based on the attack speed and flight speed of the windmill shuriken. If it has similar technology as the Glaive, it would have the magnetic stuff to bring it back...then again I'm not entirely sure if that's how the Glaive even works, just an idea. What i am getting at is that since its such a large weapon, you would need to have your Warframe make an animation, signaling that the weapon is on its way back from the magnetic pull of the retraction animation. This weapon would surely have some drawbacks for being so strong of a weapon for a thrown melee. I believe that making your Warframe make an animation to signal the weapon to come back (stats for the weapon like attack speed and travel speed play a vital role here in the animation) is a great logical idea and would only make sense. You wouldn't just grab it on retrieval and go on about your day, unless the weapon retracted to a smaller size on its return trip to the Warframe that threw it to begin with. 

In that case, let's say the flight time for the throw attack will be very short (speed and distance ignored for now), but you aren't able to attack with your gun mid-throw like the Glaive family. Instead, if you time a button press with the returning shuriken, it would be launched out again with additional projectiles.

A bit gimmicky for Warframe, maybe. But fits the shuriken motive with the shadow projectiles and all. Could be a stance combo.

Personally though, I think retrieval can still be performed with one hand. I imagine the warframe just grabbing the returning weapon and using the momentum, in one smooth motion place it back on it's back.