Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Box Improvements

ThaPhreak

- Font Size options

- Chat box resize option

- Scrolling of player list that doesn't reset at the top almost the second you let off

- Scrolling of chat a bit smoother, maybe make use of scroll wheel?

- No scroll reset

- Add an option to /partyinvite (playername) or /pi (playername) from global chat

- Chat room line post limiter/flood blocker (to prevent annoying people from posting 20 million lines of random letters/numbers)

anyone else think of something I may have forgotten?

My two pence,

Phreak

make it more noticeable I didn't know there was a region chat until 2 days ago, and I imagine there are others as well, and if they do know about it they probably don't open it so sending messages to specific people, someone you just did a mission with for example, is rather pointless because unless they look for it they won't get it.

the chat system in this game is borderline $&*&*#(%&. I definitely would like to see a timestamp as well and I'm tired of the chat popping in and out for no reason during the game. it's there one second then its not then it pops back in and i keep thinking someone said something the whole game

Make the chatbox (optionally) persistent (option of "always on top") when u change screens and when playing lvls

Make it optional to combine tabs so u can see like squad and clan chat at the same time.

Make playerlist optional

Make the chatbox (optionally) persistent (option of "always on top") when u change screens and when playing lvls

Make it optional to combine tabs so u can see like squad and clan chat at the same time.

Make playerlist optional

How about an 'Audio or Video Cue"  as option as well for chat window screen. Like Ventrilo or TS.

The chat needs more channels. I am getting really tired of alert beggers spamming the channel. It is near impossible to have an extended conversation under normal circumstances. With the alert beggers active trying to communicate over the global chat is futile.

Adding an alert channel would hopefully move some of them away from general chat. The hardest part is probably creating awareness of the Alert channel and its purpose.

Also, being able to enlarge the chat window would be really nice. Like I said earlier, keeping up with a conversation between several people is extremely hard at the rate lines keep disappearing out of view.

I would really like to see better integration of the scroll wheel, and would like to see the amount it scrolls by locked by the line as opposed to by some percentage of the total window size, as I believe it is now. It is virtually impossible to review a message that has just left the window in Region as a result of this; the scroll wheel jumps back over the past ten minutes of conversation and the scroll bar (really, please - no one should ever feel forced to use a scroll bar while their mouse has an operable scroll wheel, ever) becomes so sensitive that I actually have to use the DPS buttons on my mouse to operate it (this is also true of my friends list, and even more so of my clan list!).