Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Shotgun Buff.

mishmashmarsh

So as we all know shotguns are on the lower end of the spectrum and Rifles being at the top. I believe a way to fix this would be to just remove damage falloff. I mean shotguns already have a spread which makes them less effective at range than other weapon types, do they really need a damage falloff too?

A perfect example of how this change would preform on shotguns is the Detron. The Detron is one of very few shotgun type weapons that do not have falloff damage. The Detron is far from OP and this weapon is a good example of how shotguns would preform without falloff damage.

I propose that DE remove shotgun damage falloff. Weapons that become too powerful by this change should get either a spread increase or a slight damage reduction. I don't think there would be many shotgun type weapons that would become OP from this change, do you?

let me know what you guys think, would love some feedback on this matter. Thanks for reading :)

Edited by mishmashmarsh

This. This so much. They don't need falloff on top of everything else.

And really, I don't think ANY of them would become OP, even if Hek becomes a shotsniper again. Lots of powerful guns have been introduced since then.

Also, bring projectile Kohm back. The projectile speed mod now only works on ONE gun, and new Kohm is just another generic shotgun but with spooling. Projectiles would probably make Kohmak better, too.

This. This so much. They don't need falloff on top of everything else.

And really, I don't think ANY of them would become OP, even if Hek becomes a shotsniper again. Lots of powerful guns have been introduced since then.

Also, bring projectile Kohm back. The projectile speed mod now only works on ONE gun, and new Kohm is just another generic shotgun but with spooling. Projectiles would probably make Kohmak better, too.

Even when the Kohm was at its most powerful there are still more OP weapons we have today.

I think the problem with shotguns is really more a magazine size issue. Warframe usually involves fighting large hordes of enemies at once. This is why snipers have a problem as well. But shotguns compound this by forcing you to get up close, right in among the swarm, then you very quickly empty your magazine and end up helpless.