The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Taking Out The Dark Sector A Good Idea, When The 2.0(3.0) Version Is No Where To Be Seen?

druul

striker, you and I both know you are part of a group of people who have been gaming for over a decade and have used tactics of exploitation in the past to do in other games exactly what you all are doing in warframe.  Yes, you all need to have a force rise up against you again that will slap you all in the face.  Not everyone could have taken the dark sectors, because you all have the knowledge of how to do these things more than the modern gaming community does, especially those just starting out (and maybe not you specifically, but more your superiors.  I'm very well acquainted with them).  There will be a force.  It's the quiet before the storm, my friend.

Well great more challengers the better! BUT what the OP created the post for is to realized that the Sectors brought upon another community. Now think of us as you may "tyrants, greedy, horrible" But I met some very nice people in these alliances and frankly they care about the current state and condition about Warframe. 

So did I. Was a boost upward when I was new... at least, when it was actually being handed out for real.

Still not worth the corruption of the system.

Not quite sure what you mean by corruption.Taxes were functioning as intended, and there wasn't really anything wrong with them imo.

Uhh no. But you are welcome to join.

no... no... we did our time with you all, and when we tried to rejoin as a unit after being away for a little while, got the middle finger.  That's ok, although however unacceptable it is to my superiors

Edited by PriZms

I've been on their teamspeaks, and I've never seen a more disorganized force.  They have numbers, but everyone is so frantic right now haha oh well.... 

I'd like to point out that this "disorganized force" still managed to hold half of the Dark Sector nodes. I'd hate to see what they could do if they got organized.

no... no... we did our time with you all, and when we tried to rejoin as a unit after being away for a little while, got the middle finger.  That's ok, though, although however unacceptable it is to my superiors

The teamspeak. We are not disorganized messes.

So did I. Was a boost upward when I was new... at least, when it was actually being handed out for real.

Still not worth the corruption of the system.

Corruption? Sir corruption would be if we controlled a MAJOR part of Warframe and the DE decision on Dark Sectors obviously we don't have both. Sure laying crazy taxes can be seen as corrupted but again this isn't set forever someone, a "force" like PriZms have described, could sweep in and possibility do the same thing these guys do. Again it's all about perspective.    

I'd like to point out that this "disorganized force" still managed to hold half of the Dark Sector nodes. I'd hate to see what they could do if they got organized.

there was a time.....  and I fear the same, however it isn't quite their style.  never has been

I've been on their teamspeaks, and I've never seen a more disorganized force.  They have numbers, but everyone is so frantic right now haha oh well.... 

I've been in their teamspeak many times. It's more organized than other alliances I have been in. I don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed image

there was a time.....  and I fear the same, however it isn't quite their style.  never has been

So its one of those groups. Either Midnight Suns, Voidstoders, or Orion. Ive been looking into it a little more. But it was around the Midnight Suns/Voidstroder time.

Not quite sure what you mean by corruption.Taxes were functioning as intended, and there wasn't really anything wrong with them imo.

90% taxes on a sizable number of nodes, working as intended.

Oligarchy runs the entirety of one category of node, often running said nodes into the ground with unusably high numbers and causing most other players to avoid those nodes like the plague, working as intended.

Only chance of overturning that state of affairs being DE dropping the hammer or nolifing a massive raid party together over months, working as intended.

I would hate to see what you consider broken.

So its one of those groups. Either Midnight Suns, Voidstoders, or Orion. Ive been looking into it a little more. But it was around the Midnight Suns/Voidstroder time.

you must be really driven :') cute.  but not quite there yet.

Easy for those on top to say "Well, you just didn't work hard enough", isn't it? You're not even reading my posts properly - just assuming things about my playing habits in order to justify your inadequate reasoning. Is it so unreasonable to not want to be locked out of entire nodes because someone got a little too greedy? Who does that benefit, if people stay away from the node and leave you all standing over an abandoned prize?

"Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair" - well, if that's really what you want, I don't know what to tell you either.

Oh, but do tell me who this "anyone" is, who can counter buying off the rest of the playerbase with billions upon billions of credits. It's the idealism of the powerful - "Well, no one has managed to take me off my throne for so very long - that must mean I deserve to be there! Clearly they just didn't try hard enough." Sounds like the justifications rich people feed themselves to explain the existence of poor people.

Again  it does not matter about counter buying off the player base I'm saying if the player base is so worked up about taxes then create a force to try to stop them! See your idealism of power is incorrect. Well partly because it's one thing to have money and it's another to fight for a cause you believe in. And about your playing habits honestly I don't care how you play the game I'm not trying to justify your inability to take a Sector based on your playing habits no no no. I'm saying in GENERAL to everyone if you think that taking a Sector is all about money then that is incorrect. And really I've stated before that the Sectors are not given to anyone it really isn't, they don't even claim that it belongs to them. 

Edited by StrikerSaint

So lots of people have left because of the DS Armistice?  And more could potentially leave?  But what happens if people leave for a long time?  The accounts don't get deleted right?

I don't want to be that guy, but I think it'd be a cryin' shame to see all those resources and gear just *poof* and be gone forever you know?  That's all nothing to say when you think of the time and effort put in to get it all.

(On proofreading this I got a "Give me your stuff you don't use anymore" feel.  This isn't one of those posts, sorry if it comes across that way anyway.  Just thinking about it all, brings back memories of my Closed Beta account before it got deleted.  Very bad ones x_x )

Edited by (XB1)AjarGman

Power Point Presentation

# Create a new game mode

a) Diverse involving PVP aspects

b) Create a mode involving clans and essentially large alliances generating an overall robust gaming community.

c) Fine tune in later updates.

Results:

* The creation of Dark Sectors

Update:

* Update game for balance issues

More Update:

* Game taken offline for a total rework

Result from "More Update":

* Dark Sector in complete Armistice across 3 platforms.

* The vibrant active Warframe community (clans and alliances) Left hanging.

Current Status after 76 days of Armistice:

* Lost the vibrant active Warframe community (clans and alliances) "The simply lost interest and walked away".

Overall outlook:

* For everyday in Armistice a price is being paid. 

Question:

* DE can you afford to have Dark Sector in Armistice?

90% taxes on a sizable number of nodes, working as intended.

Oligarchy runs the entirety of one category of node, often running said nodes into the ground with unusably high numbers and causing most other players to avoid those nodes like the plague, working as intended.

Only chance of overturning that state of affairs being DE dropping the hammer or nolifing a massive raid party together over months, working as intended.

I would hate to see what you consider broken.

Free market, working as intended. If you don;t like taxes, don't run the node or attack it with your own alliance. These things sort themselves out just fine.

If someone wanted to break up that Oligarchy they DID have the power to, they just had to gather up the players and put forth the effort. How do you think those big alliances formed in the first place?

also, on a completely unrelated note, yay me... just reached disciple on the forums from this thread.... thanks guys :') #lifemade

Congrats

Free market, working as intended. If you don;t like taxes, don't run the node or attack it with your own alliance. These things sort themselves out just fine.

If someone wanted to break up that Oligarchy they DID have the power to, they just had to gather up the players and put forth the effort. How do you think those big alliances formed in the first place?

Thats what Im saying!

the audience was lost 6 months after the curb stomp started to take place.  You know this, you were part of the head of it, organizing and taking ownership of most of this. (pretty sure you still are).  Happy?  you've done your time, my friend.  Let some others have a chance.

There is no community among this group of people, only a collective that is focused on their power.  (kinda like the Borg collective lol)  Big difference.  Might be good for you all to take a break and get a bit rusty. :D

Well.. Even if it's "collective that is focused on their power." That's still a collective way of play... Now what community thing have we got? Nothing.. I don't see anything here making thousuns of players focusing for 1 thing....

Not everyone could have taken the dark sectors, because you all have the knowledge of how to do these things more than the modern gaming community does, especially those just starting out (and maybe not you specifically, but more your superiors.  I'm very well acquainted with them).  There will be a force.  It's the quiet before the storm, my friend.

There are a lots of alliance which prouve that money is not the pupose to TAKE a rail... Ask that to LotE, they know that more than others.. 

What is more... You are saying like "hey why newcommers can play and ear a rail?" It's just beacause that was the ONLY end game contenant over here! Why a new commer should come in end game things? Oo

Edited by Sofros

Again  it does not matter about counter buying off the player base I'm saying if the player base is so worked up about taxes then create a force to try to stop them! See your idealism of power is incorrect. Well partly because it's one thing to have money and it's another to fight for a cause you believe in. And about your playing habits honestly I don't care how you play the game I'm not trying to justify your inability to take a Sector based on your playing habits no no no. I'm saying in GENERAL to everyone if you think that taking a Sector is all about money then that is incorrect. And really I've stated before that the Sectors are not given to anyone it really isn't, they don't even claim that it belongs to them. 

Really now. If the best argument all of you can throw together is some chopped-up bits of idealized capitalism - I suppose there really is nothing to worry about, and the popcorn will just keep flowing until this thread dies or is locked.

Even the Wikipedia article on free market economy points out the huge, gaping holes. Was this really a scenario of perfect competition? Low barriers to entry, no economic privilege, no monopolies, no artificial scarcities? None of those issues whatsoever?

I love it when people try to justify an imperfect capitalist economy... using principles that only apply to perfect hypothetical scenarios, then accuse others of being idealistic.