Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Jumps

TrickBox

"

• A double jump feature may find its way into gameplay in the near future. "

No. 

Double jumps are a broken videogame mechanic, we can already perform wallrun and directional melee air attack, it's far enough.

That's all.

Thx.

Bye.

Bisous.

Yay more to the Soo Called Parkour (Its Really Called Free-running) 

The back handspring mechanic should work more fluid. like if i wanna do continuous back handsprings I cant cuz my frame kinda stop after each flip

Irl I can do continuous handsprings and end it with a Back tuck which is a Real Back flip. the one warframe gave us is a Back hand spring for those who dont know Gymnastics. 

Directional melee (and parkour) is useful for the gameplay, it allows using melee against air enemies, while double jump add nothing to the gameplay, it can be fun for Zephyr for example because it kinda fits it's background.

double jump would basically do the same thing as mid-air directional melee atk, but since frames not equipped with a melee cannot use said atk, double jump would give them at least similar options

coptering as it currently exists ingame is going away (FINALLY), along with stamina possibly, this will change the movement patterns of tenno across the board

the tenno control a mystic power channeled from another dimension to wield supernatural abilities, but you've got a problem with them jumping in mid-air?

In what way are double-jumps inherently a 'broken videogame mechanic'? Do those same reasons hold up when implementing them in Warframe?

This.

I personally agree with OP that double jumps have no place in the game (I think it defeats the purpose of parkour and doesn't fit the ninja theme at all, similar to directional melee), but his reasoning for it is absurd. There are plenty of games that pulled off double-jumping perfectly, such as TF2; and even the games that have a terrible double-jump system (e.g. Maplestory) give absolutely zero indication on how well it would do in this game.

Edited by SortaRandom