Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talking About Armored Core V "the Glory And The Fall"

Eruend

But... just rushing objectives in a non-countereable way goes against the entire reason you play the game. It's a game about customising giant robots to fight. ACV managed to take out the customisation and the fight. It's basically playing the game, without playing the game. What's the point?

Didn't ACV also make certain customizable objects only obtainable through ranking up your online squad?

But... just rushing objectives in a non-countereable way goes against the entire reason you play the game. It's a game about customising giant robots to fight. ACV managed to take out the customisation and the fight. It's basically playing the game, without playing the game. What's the point?

Reread your OP then reread mine....... Base Rushing in the GT designed for Base Rushing is fine..........

In what way is it not counterable?  you even called them "Suicide Squads"

The enemy had access to the exact same equipment....  it took skill to hit us because we moved around. The enemy had lockons and still couldnt hit us because we "Moved"...

In Base Wars, both teams had a Base to defend. It made it a tactical decision. Loadup 2 bas or sit and defend or mix it up.

Should I describe Checkit?? ( Domination)

Should I describe Snatchit (  Neutral 5 flag )

should I describe CTF??

Should I describe Tdm?

Should I describe Last Man Standing?

Should I describe Giant killer??? ( BA killing Mechs )

I can go on.

The ENTIRE game of Chromehounds was Base Wars+ Team Last Man standing...... Chromehounds was made by From Software. The same people who made AC5.........

I edited my OP. I added a description of beating them as a pilot..........

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Oh, I'm sorry buddy. You're probably right. After all, you've probably mastered this game to a point where the devs call you for input right? Thanks for pointing out how clearly inexperienced I am.

Seriously, if there was a way to counter it in Armored Core V, our team would have found it. In fact, when I went back to the forums after buying VD, I even asked to see if someone else found a way to counter it and people were saying that the issue was still unresolved. Your point on "skill" is moot. Specially when no one in the entire game could take any one of our team members in a fight, even 2 or 3 on one. I think if anyone in your argument had "skill", it was our team.

Suicide squad, meaning all they had were objective oriented frames that did their verry best to do nothing BUT that. That's fine, so long as there's still some tactic that can be used to actually defend against it. Otherwise, it's not a fight. Or a contest. It's just trading territories. And let's not forget that the attacker was the one to chose the objective they needed to accomplish to win the fights. With such a fail-proof strategy, why go for any of the other proposed objectives?

Anyway, like I said way back then, kudos to the team that actually managed to find our achiles heel. Actually coming up with that tactic and figuring out how to apply it properly IS skillful. The 239184513478568790 wannabes who picked it up, and relied on it as a crutch were definitely not skillful. Also, flawed game mechanic is flawed.

edit: To further the point, we all had lock ons, but most projectiles had trouble reaching the same speeds as the enemy mechs. Forget hitting anything that nearly outruns a bullet. Also, FCS are stupid easy to confuse.

Edited by Eruend

Oh, I'm sorry buddy. You're probably right. After all, you've probably mastered this game to a point where the devs call you for input right? Thanks for pointing out how clearly inexperienced I am.

Seriously, if there was a way to counter it in Armored Core V, our team would have found it. In fact, when I went back to the forums after buying VD, I even asked to see if someone else found a way to counter it and people were saying that the issue was still unresolved. Your point on "skill" is moot. Specially when no one in the entire game could take any one of our team members in a fight, even 2 or 3 on one. I think if anyone in your argument had "skill", it was our team.

Suicide squad, meaning all they had were objective oriented frames that did their verry best to do nothing BUT that. That's fine, so long as there's still some tactic that can be used to actually defend against it. Otherwise, it's not a fight. Or a contest. It's just trading territories. And let's not forget that the attacker was the one to chose the objective they needed to accomplish to win the fights. With such a fail-proof strategy, why go for any of the other proposed objectives?

Anyway, like I said way back then, kudos to the team that actually managed to find our achiles heel. Actually coming up with that tactic and figuring out how to apply it properly IS skillful. The 239184513478568790 wannabes who picked it up, and relied on it as a crutch were definitely not skillful. Also, flawed game mechanic is flawed.

edit: To further the point, we all had lock ons, but most projectiles had trouble reaching the same speeds as the enemy mechs. Forget hitting anything that nearly outruns a bullet. Also, FCS are stupid easy to confuse.

You didnt mention anything about possible "bugs", you only mentioned not being able to keep up with the tactic of rushing.

Your OP started off with bragging.......

I did mention AC5 was made by the same company as Chromehounds, From Software.

The same company that created Neromious Wars( Territories). The same company that had previous issues with unlimited speed hounds and super stacking of weapons.

I do my research before I buy a game. Thats why I DIDNT buy AC5..........

Have a wonderful day....

I never talked about bugs either. I talked about poor game mechanics that allowed for easily exploiteable situations to become constant. Not a bug. An exploit.

Also, I did mention allot of this was me bragging. In fact, all of my original post was me venting. Made this topic to avoid having any of it spill over in another topic that was unrelated. Even went up to saying "you can ignore this."

I'm a horrible person and know it. Maybe it's about time you realised you're no better mr. high and mighty. Bellitleing others with such contempt is really unbecoming.

If you're gone from this topic, just as well. If you decide to keep posting, I would recommend that you stop trying to pick a fight with me. It will not end well. I'm more then willing to get over it and talk about the games themselves as everyone else has.

Edited by Eruend

I never talked about bugs either. I talked about poor game mechanics that allowed for easily exploiteable situations to become constant. Not a bug. An exploit.

Also, I did mention allot of this was me bragging. In fact, all of my original post was me venting. Made this topic to avoid having any of it spill over in another topic that was unrelated. Even went up to saying "you can ignore this."

I'm a horrible person and know it. Maybe it's about time you realised you're no better mr. high and mighty. Bellitleing others with such contempt is really unbecoming.

Where in your Op do you mention exploitable? Nowhere. You mention going to the forums to find opppnents.

You mention getting beat by opponents using Suicide Squad tactics. You mention others using Suicide tactics after you went back to the forums to complain you got beat.

You mention a patch for nothing. No fixes. Not one time did you mention an exploit or what you thought was exploitable behavior.

Not denying sith happens bruh... but dont get mad at me for comparing gametypes and tactics.  

You did post on a Public forum.

I did compare Chromehounds to AC5 because it was made by the same company = bug city......

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt because someone provided you facts,

Sigh... I'm done giving you chances to back off. You asked for this.

Where in your Op do you mention exploitable? Nowhere.

(It was around this time that we started to feel that there was a flaw in the game... ...we realized that there really were parts that just "fit too well"... Defending territories by having one person logged in but not accepting challenges and the whole winning while doing everything possible to avoid fighting at all. Yup. I certainly didn't talk about exploits. Also, the lag spikes that caused mechs to "stand still" on screen can be considered a bug brought by poor optimisation. We just knew beter then to gripe on that. Whew, good thing I never talked about bugs or exploits.)

You mention going to the forums to find opppnents.

(And not finding anyone that actually wanted to fight us there either. I'm wondering why you bring this up.)

You mention getting beat by opponents using Suicide Squad tactics. You mention others using Suicide tactics after you went back to the forums to complain you got beat.

(Also mentioned how we communicated with the enemy team to understand what happened, congratulated them on actually beating us and kept trying to figure out counter-measures. Pretty sure I made it clear that what pissed us off wasn't losing, but finding out that there was an easy way to win without fighting that could not be countered, and that everyone started to relly on it.)

You mention a patch for nothing. No fixes. Not one time did you mention an exploit or what you thought was exploitable behavior.

(I mentioned that FROM promissed us a patch... TWICE... that they didn't deliver. They didn't even have the decency of telling us it wuld be delayed. That is unforgiveable. Also, see back to the first refutal in this post for bugs and exploits.)

Not denying sith happens bruh... but dont get mad at me for comparing gametypes and tactics.  

(I wouldn't be mad at you if that's all you did. I am mad at you for telling us that we were just QQing about our losses and should simply accept that an easymode victory tactic is worth more then skills compiled from years of playing.)

You did post on a Public forum.

I did. And there are rules on public forums. One of which is to avoid flame baiting. Your constant cockyness and comments degrading what I hold dear could be considered as such. It's a subtle method, but usually works wonders on actually turning the recipient into the actual bad guy. Unfortunately for you, I'm not that naive.

I did compare Chromehounds to AC5 because it was made by the same company = bug city......

That may be true, but the comparisons you brought actually lead me to believe you simply wanted to validate a broken tactic. Perhaps this is where we had a communications breakdown. Too late to apologize now though.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt because someone provided you facts,

You did no such thing. You provided comparisons at best, and tried to use those to validate your points about a game you never played and admited to not playing. In a vain attempt to degrade my own experiences.

I could deconstruct all your posts, could likely destroy your credibility on these forums, but any more and I will be dragging myself down as well. I stopped going to forums because I got tired of dealing with people like you. And I've had a fair share of dealings.

You have two options. Either we forget we ever had this conversation, or I report you for harassment. There is also a third option, but we would both prefer that I avoid resorting to that.

Edited by Eruend

Sigh... I'm done giving you chances to back off. You asked for this.

I could deconstruct all your posts, could likely destroy your credibility on these forums, but any more and I will be dragging myself down as well. I stopped going to forums because I got tired of dealing with people like you. And I've had a fair share of dealings.

You have two options. Either we forget we ever had this conversation, or I report you for harassment. There is also a third option, but we would both prefer that I avoid resorting to that.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, I havent tried to belittle you in anyway........

Rush Battlefield

Base Wars Mech Assault2 Lonewolf

Neromious  Wars Chromehounds

And whatever it was called for AC5 are gametypes.

Rush the objective and destroy.

Your entiltled to your opinion of the Gametype as exploitable. I'm entitled to my opinion that Base rushing in a gametype designed for it is fine.

Just because you want a standup fight to" Duke it out" doesnt mean the othert eam has to do the same. See above. I stated this earlier also. 

I do agree that From SoftWare(Made Chromehounds and AC5), has issues when it comes to,

Hit detection, speed and the ability to "uberstack weapons".

I already stated this in a previous post.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

• 3 weeks later...