Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fleshing Out Stalker's Fighting Style In Warframe.

Warthuug

In my reddit post (http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1embpu/amazing_stalker_experience_also_including_an/), I had talked about how amazing my recent stalker experience was. But what disappointed me was how weak the stalker was. I remember stalker tearing my Rhino a new A-hole over and over before I could pop the Iron Skin (and this was waay before the vauban patch), now he is more of a clown/comic relief assassin. I agree, he was too frustrating before he got nerfed, but instead of reverting back to his original state, I have a suggestion:

Gameplay suggestion:-

First off, the appearance of the stalker is supposed to instill fear and terror among the players. Hence when the stalker appears after his usual taunting, he should unleash a barrage of attack for exact 25~30 seconds, after which he will drop a smokebomb and vanish leaving the target continue with is mission. Then after a while, let the lights flicker again and should reappear unleashing another blitzkrieg attack on the target. If the target is able to fend off for another 30 seconds, he will drop a smoke bomb and vanish again. When the target is approaching the extraction, the stalker should appear for the final time, (usual lights flickering and taunts) and this time, should keep fighting until either he or the target is defeated.   

Powers:-

Apart from the usual powers the stalker possesses, he should also have excalibur's Radial Blind power which will blind the teammates who are aiding the target. This power shouldn't affect the target, as it's primary importance is to get the teammates off the stalker's back. 

On a final note, I want the stalker to be more scary, like suddenly wallrunning at the target only to disappear when he gets close (a scare moment for the tenno). He should be triggered when a player farms a particular boss too many number of times (farming for blueprints). Also, I feel that the stalker's weapons should be according to the level of the warframe of the target he is up against. Higher frames should make the stalker use his braton vandal and Darksword. Yes, Darksword seems like the perfect longsword for the stalker.

Sorry for the long read, I wont include a Tl;dr because it should be read completely. I hope one of the devs or grandmaster founders read this thread. I really love this game, and I want DE to take the prize of the best FTP game of the year with Warframe!!

Honestly...remove him as a random element. Then rebalance him, add him somewhere as perhaps a boss, a special alert mission, or something optional. For people who have been around awhile...he isn't a big deal, and for brand new players, he's a nightmare. Also...do something with his you can't be revived if he kills you mechanic...it really does just seem to kill the co-op spirit of the game when he shows up. It feels like when the stalker goes after someone, I'm the only one on the team to ever try and help the poor guy out that he's after...everyone else seems to just watch and stay out of his way to avoid losing a revive.

Honestly...remove him as a random element. Then rebalance him, add him somewhere as perhaps a boss, a special alert mission, or something optional. For people who have been around awhile...he isn't a big deal, and for brand new players, he's a nightmare. Also...do something with his you can't be revived if he kills you mechanic...it really does just seem to kill the co-op spirit of the game when he shows up. It feels like when the stalker goes after someone, I'm the only one on the team to ever try and help the poor guy out that he's after...everyone else seems to just watch and stay out of his way to avoid losing a revive.

I disagree with you completely, the stalker should be a random element boss type. It is the only way to slow down the farmers who tend to do around 300 runs in 2 hours. And no, once the target is killed by the stalker he should either forfeit or choose to use his revive count to play. It is the only way stalker would be a force to be reckoned with. He is no cliched-arena-boss. He is an assassin. He is supposed to be the Grim Reaper to tenno.

Edited by Warthuug

I disagree with you completely, the stalker should be a random element boss type. It is the only way to slow down the farmers who tend to do around 300 runs in 2 hours. And no, once the target is killed by the stalker he should either forfeit or choose to use his revive count to play. It is the only way stalker would be a force to be reckoned with. He is no cliched-arena-boss. He is an assassin. He is supposed to be the Grim Reaper to tenno.

what he said as well as this random element keeps players on their toes, keeps the game interesting and it is a nice surprise rather then letting the game just be repetitions.

i don't care about the stalker personally, i just want to know what type of meele weapon he has now

sort of a scythe like weapon...hmmm, oh and the paris too.

he seems easier now really the paris does a lot of damage yes, but by the time he is gonna fire again you're regenerating the shield back as well as probably got some cover too, or in my case and others, Volt's shield does wonders, i liked when he had the braton vandal, so much damage in so little time you barely had time to think of something to get out of the corner he pushed you back into.

So...you want to counter farmers with an enemy that would be of great frustration to new players, since he can come find you as soon as your warframe hits rank 5, at which point a new player will not understand the game enough, or even know of his existance until he gets one shotted by it. And if its necessary to make an enemy force you to use a revive in order to be a challenge...you are doing something wrong. Also...there comes in the co-op problem. This is an entirely PvE game...and the stalker discourages you from assisting the person targeted by it, and even prevents you in the case they are killed. I can't think of the stalker as an assassin, only a troll, and the fact he can cost you a revive and revives can be bought...doesn't sit well with me either. While we may not agree on what to do with him...I do hope we can at least agree that his current design has a few flaws to it.

So...you want to counter farmers with an enemy that would be of great frustration to new players, since he can come find you as soon as your warframe hits rank 5, at which point a new player will not understand the game enough, or even know of his existance until he gets one shotted by it. And if its necessary to make an enemy force you to use a revive in order to be a challenge...you are doing something wrong. Also...there comes in the co-op problem. This is an entirely PvE game...and the stalker discourages you from assisting the person targeted by it, and even prevents you in the case they are killed. I can't think of the stalker as an assassin, only a troll, and the fact he can cost you a revive and revives can be bought...doesn't sit well with me either. While we may not agree on what to do with him...I do hope we can at least agree that his current design has a few flaws to it.

Well, I should have mentioned that the stalker should appear for frames 15+. But saying that the stalker discourages you from assisting the person targeted is nonsense. Even when i'm playing with randoms, when the lights flicker, all bunch up to take the purple target down. Currently the stalker is a joke, even to new frames, as he could be outrun as well. And FYI, revives are auto filled for free when the day gets over (for me 12am at UAE time). Wasting plat on revives is advisable only to those who have excess amount of plat to spare. I remember the frustration of my first stalker visit. But then I realized that playing with a team helps a lot. If your teammates run off when the lights flicker, then they are grade A a-holes who are no better than the rushers. And please, I've had my share of deaths due to stalker, but recently even with a low level frame, I'm able to mow down the stalker with ease.

I dont mean to pick on you in this thread, and I feel your frustration when you cannot save a teammate due to a stalker. But removing him or nerfing him further is just the wrong direction to approach this gameplay element.