Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Grineers Aren't Dangerous Enough

Tyrian3k

Essentially the heavy Grineers are supposed to be the equivalent of ancients for the Grineer, but they are nowhere near as dangerous as ancients.

Problems I see with the Heavy Gunner:

She stops firing far too quickly, which makes her very tame thanks to the spin up time of the Gorgon.

If she'd keep her Gorgon firing for a few seconds after losing sight of a player it would limit the player's options, as running back out of the cover will face him with a fully spun up Gorgon which can prove quite lethal.

If there's another player in sight she should switch targets to that player without stopping to attack.

Problems I see with the Bombard:

To put it simply: He's not much of a threat at all. He fires his rockets at an extremely slow rate while the rockets aren't even very lethal. On higher level missions those rockets should either deal far more damage or be fired more frequently.

Problems I see with the Naphalm:

Essentially the Naphalm is by far the most dangerous of the heavies since the naphalm can stick to a player which can easily mean death for weaker Warframes.

A problem that all of them share:

Heavy Grineers don't attack an enemy that was knocked down (at least not if they do it themselves). They just wait for the player to get back on his/her feet and then open fire.

Edited by Tyrian3k

In what way are heavies dangerous to a melee user? They use their one aoe knockdown attack at the start then they're reduced to nothing but giving little love taps until you kill them.

I'd argue that a single Grineer Lancer is more dangerous than half a dozen heavies, simply based on the fact that the Lancers actually shoot at you. The heavies seem to enjoy standing around doing bugger all.

Edited by DarkFenix2k5

In what way are heavies dangerous to a melee user? They use their one aoe knockdown attack at the start then they're reduced to nothing but giving little love taps until you kill them.

I think he was referring to the melee Grineer units which are a sad joke of an enemy (apart from the Flameblade maybe).

As it stands, the accuracy and damage of a high level grineer lancer actually gives them BETTER damage than the same level heavy gunner.

The gunners need a bit of an accuracy and damage boost

The bombards need... something else. Like grenades, or higher damage on their rockets.