Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Single Stat Elementals Instead Of Dual Stat Elementals?

Z3ROWOLFHD

Question

5 answers to this question

Why wouldn't you want more status? I see a lot of people who have event mods run the higher damaging mods, why wouldn't you want to proc more instead of doing more damage on less procs?

If the gun has less than 20% or 15% status, the dual stat mods are simply not viable on it and it's best to use the single stat instead.

It also depends on the RoF on the weapon. I'm running dual stat mods on my Soma, Mostly because I'm running a no forma economy build on it until I can replace it with a Soma prime. However with the dual stat mods equipped I can usually get 1 or 2 procs on the heavy units of the grineer regularly.

Depends on what you want: you can mix and match after all: but sometimes having that Dual stat mod fits better then one of the pure elemental mods.  The question becomes whether or not you really need the staus proc or not on that particular weapon, and as Nyxcrab stated above: does the weapon support it?  Weapons like the Glaxion you can get all the way up to 99% status proc, so something like this should totally benefit from status builds, and here you would absolutely want to build for that.