The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like Mag Is So Bad

Couponbook

what do you think of mag? do you have tips? i think they need to remove pull or bull attractor. both are single target skills. i use only Crush. i can't find the way to use other skills properly. all decks in mine are for attribute bonus.

Edited by Couponbook

i think itd be cool if you could pull yourself to things, rather then just pull enemies or allies to yourself. somewhat like a grapple. who says loki and excal should be the only ones to climb fast? its mag. MAG! mag should be able to move just as easily with those abilities.

things like, lockers, heavy enemies, consoles, and explosive barrels are just a few things thatd be cool to grapple to. it might be too overpowered to have her pull herself to walls/ceilings/floors. the game already has a rushing problem and that would just elevate it a bit more then nessesary.

Bullet Attractor is actually extremely useful against bosses, especially if you have an Excalibur in your party (Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin = massive damage).  The ability also stops the main target from firing its gun (and others nearby as well).  So it's decent as it is. 

Pull's main use is ripping the shields away from the shield Grineer, and pulling downed teammates to your position.  It's a bit niche, but still useful.  I do think that the casting animation should be decreased though.  It feels like something which should take effect immediately (not after 1 second). 

Shield Polarize is by far Mag's weakest ability.  No one ever uses it, for two reasons.  You can't tell how low on shields an ally is during a frantic fight, and it does terrible shield damage against enemies.  It should just drain an enemy's entire shield and recharge 40% of Mag's in the process. 

Crush is fine at the moment (I think most people will agree with this). 

Pull is really useful for me in 3 areas...

One is for pulling off Grineer shields when I am using a ranged weapon.

The second one is just simply pulling enemies to me for Melee death.

Third and most useful.  Use frost on weapons, get jumped by 2 or more ancients, keep 1 or 2 frost, pull the third down so you do not get drained of energy or face the poison damage that ignores shields.

Mag's enormous amount of shields is also really awesome.  Use pull to make sure you never take poison damage and its golden. 

Mag is pretty lame. I like Mag a lot but her abilities are really, really situational except crush. And then they nerfed crush recently and turned it into a 100 energy death button so there's that. But hey you can still pull enemies. Except half the time they don't fall down anyway and just keep shooting you in the face? And shield polarize doesn't work sometimes either for some reason. Last night no matter what I did it wouldn't charge the shields on the pod as it got shot to death.

So basically Mag is buggy as hell and they took out her panic button.

Mag isn't as lame as you think.  Shield polarize have saved various times when the rest of the team aren't up to the task in defense/mobile defense, and pull is very good skills in interrupting your important targets like bosses and such. (I am told bullet attractor is the tool to get bosses to kill themselves, but I haven't use it much because I haven't put a reactor into my Mag).  All that plus a nuke-like ability that can be extended with your custom helmet.

in all she is as much powerful as any other frame you bother putting a potato in.  There are some rough corners like pod shield glitch, but perhaps every frame got their own problems due to bugs at the moment

Mag isn't as lame as you think.  Shield polarize have saved various times when the rest of the team aren't up to the task in defense/mobile defense, and pull is very good skills in interrupting your important targets like bosses and such. (I am told bullet attractor is the tool to get bosses to kill themselves, but I haven't use it much because I haven't put a reactor into my Mag).  All that plus a nuke-like ability that can be extended with your custom helmet.

in all she is as much powerful as any other frame you bother putting a potato in.  There are some rough corners like pod shield glitch, but perhaps every frame got their own problems due to bugs at the moment

Yeah I have fun with bullet attractor, probably my favorite of her skills after they borked crush on me. I had 215% accuracy last night farming Hek for trinity blueprints getting him to shoot himself in the face.

Use crush to kill all the little guys first. then once you have gathered energy from their dead bodies use her first 2 abilties to single out the remaning big guys. Sadly bullet attractor only works on Grineer.

Except that if there's even one dude still around they can tear through you pretty badly now that you don't get any invincibility frames during crush. One guy manage to escape crush's range? Maybe he wandered into the room from the next one over? Or maybe Crush just bugged out like its want to do. Well now they can just shoot you for the like five seconds you're stuck standing there while they tear your shields apart and then mag's squishy health is gone.

Well who knows what future powers may entail for mag, with control of gravity future powers could be very versatile.

For example she may get a power that reverses gravity in a certain AoE, throwing enemies to the ceiling or out the map, or maybe added gravity to her boots meaning indefinite wallrunning?

I'm just spitballing here, original frames do have rather similar skillsets which hopeful with the new mod system and frame powers will become more versatile.

Remove Bullet Attractor??? You clearly have never been a part of Calibur+Mag+Trinity team during Grineer bullet spong,,, erm boss run...

Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin + Energy Vampire = Destroyer Javelin Missiles

With a banshee. 400% more dmg anyone?

Except that if there's even one dude still around they can tear through you pretty badly now that you don't get any invincibility frames during crush. One guy manage to escape crush's range? Maybe he wandered into the room from the next one over? Or maybe Crush just bugged out like its want to do. Well now they can just shoot you for the like five seconds you're stuck standing there while they tear your shields apart and then mag's squishy health is gone.

What? No more invincibility during crush cast?  You sure?

Mag was my starter frame. Absolutely loved the play style and really shined during grineer missions.

She has really high shields so can take a few more hits than other frames in that regard as well.

Pull and crush were my go to abilities, mainly because the other two were situational, and in shield polarizes case, hard to effectively use at times.

Good frame overall, and if I made her again, think I could do it more justice.

What? No more invincibility during crush cast?  You sure?

Died doing it multiple times last night. To a variety of enemies too. Several other frames got hit with this nerf too. Pretty much anyone with a cool ult like Mag and Banshee. Volt and apparently Saryn too, but they at least have shorter cast times.

Died doing it multiple times last night. To a variety of enemies too. Several other frames got hit with this nerf too. Pretty much anyone with a cool ult like Mag and Banshee. Volt and apparently Saryn too, but they at least have shorter cast times.

This is skewing the balance towards frames with instant skills pretty badly. And of course Vauban just happens to have his ulti happen independently of him...

Wonder if they made Nyx take damage during absorb as well? You know, for the lulz.

This is skewing the balance towards frames with instant skills pretty badly. And of course Vauban just happens to have his ulti happen independently of him...

Wonder if they made Nyx take damage during absorb as well? You know, for the lulz.

and of course frost's snowglobe is still absolutely excellent.

Shield polarize+defense mission=Significantly fewer lost mods.

Even unranked, I remember it pushing the object's shields up by about 1/5th, which is more than you think.

I think the proble you have is that it's not enough damage and blast skills.