The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like Mag Is So Bad

Couponbook

and of course frost's snowglobe is still absolutely excellent.

Meh, it's fine. Problem isn't about specific skills but that something I'd consider an important mechanic making those skills more than just "kill stuff" buttons being removed.

Mag's ult nerf wouldn't be so terrible were it not for the fact that even enemies caught in Crush's range sometimes don't stun. I can't tell you how many times I've been swarmed and attempted to Crush my way out only to have a few enemies caught in the blast not actually stun and chew through my health. Sure, they die after Crush finishes, but I'm still stuck with no shields and any other enemies not within range eating my health. Thankfully I haven't died during a Crush...yet.

Either keep Mag's invincibility during Crush or fix the enemy stun bug.

Mag's ult nerf wouldn't be so terrible were it not for the fact that even enemies caught in Crush's range sometimes don't stun. I can't tell you how many times I've been swarmed and attempted to Crush my way out only to have a few enemies caught in the blast not actually stun and chew through my health. Sure, they die after Crush finishes, but I'm still stuck with no shields and any other enemies not within range eating my health. Thankfully I haven't died during a Crush...yet.

Either keep Mag's invincibility during Crush or fix the enemy stun bug.

I have : ( you still lose the 100 energy, even if you died before the animation even really started and nothing dies.

Bullet Attractor is actually extremely useful against bosses, especially if you have an Excalibur in your party (Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin = massive damage). The ability also stops the main target from firing its gun (and others nearby as well). So it's decent as it is.

Pull's main use is ripping the shields away from the shield Grineer, and pulling downed teammates to your position. It's a bit niche, but still useful. I do think that the casting animation should be decreased though. It feels like something which should take effect immediately (not after 1 second).

Shield Polarize is by far Mag's weakest ability. No one ever uses it, for two reasons. You can't tell how low on shields an ally is during a frantic fight, and it does terrible shield damage against enemies. It should just drain an enemy's entire shield and recharge 40% of Mag's in the process.

Crush is fine at the moment (I think most people will agree with this).

It is useful against single target enemy or boss fight. don't you know why that is so lame? there are too many mobs in mission except boss. there is no any useful ability against those mobs except crush. too lame. i dont like using only crush against those mobs. i want something useful except shield polarize or bullet attractor.

Or you can make Mag more supportive and defensive character. add AOE pull or AOE push. and remove bullet attractor and add something else like life regen or increasing armor or shield regen or increasing team armor or damage.

I hate the fact that every characters have the AOE all kill skill like Crush. it must be more special or useful. you must make a skill that i can use dead bodies and throw them. or throw alive enemies to the wall or other enemies.

i never recommend Mag for your first character. Mag uses only crush. you dont use any other abilities at low level. you will see only few enemies that are holding shield. there are no more mobs that Mag's abilities can be useful except boss. this is focused on boss fight too much. i hope they make more abilities for mag but i dont know the day they will release this game finally. if it takes a year, other people would go playing other games already.

Edited by Couponbook

In case nobody noticed, Shield Polarize also has a small AoE damage from the enemy you drain. This can be used to damage or kill ospreys behind a wall surrounded by a large group, or to damage or kill the weaker enemies surrounding a shielded one. I don't know if it's affected by focus or stretch though.

Mag is definitely a team player. Her pull enables her to single out enemies for destruction and the auto-prone function is a godsend when you want to take out a disruptor quickly. Pull also works on downed teammates too. Her shield polarize makes most boss fights into hilarious "AHAHAHA LOOK AT THE STUPID MONKEY THROWING FECES ON HIMSELF!" events where you can pretty much toy with most ranged bosses in the game. Oh and I've seirously got to try the "death javelins" now that our team finally got our Trinity frames.

Also as others have said, shield polarize is just insanely useful during defense missions, but for restoring/removing shields, it's pretty useless.

The only gripe I have with the ult is that it's about as strong as Saryns Miasma, but the cast animation and vulnerability is a drawback when fighting the more agile Infested.

What's with the Mag Defense Force? Mag is absolutely one of the less useful frames in the game. Just because pull and bullet attractor have EXTREMELY NICHE uses, the frame is not suddenly useful.

The hypothetical situation of pulling an ally out of a swarm of enemies, for example, is great and all until you consider that if you were using Excalibur you could have just slash-dashed them all to death for the same cost. Similarly, a Mag can use shield polarize on the cryopod in defense missions... or you could use Frost and pop a snow globe over it and keep it from getting damaged at all. 

Aside from one-shotting bosses with the help of Excalibur (which feels more like an exploit), Bullet Attractor LOWERS the damage output of the group, since nobody can target weak points any more. Using on the Jackal basically makes it invincible for the duration.

Shield Polarize at the very least should be an area-of-effect drain on enemies and a heal on your party. The game in general needs a shift away from single-target skills (Trinity also suffers from this, oh boy 1 infested in this group of 30 has energy vamp cast on him now!!) and towards area-effect skills.

Edited by Cheridan