Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sugestion]Warframe Alert Ideas/additions/changes Here. (What Would You Change/add?)

Incudem

I have no objection to the alert system as is. I just want to spawn this post as a place for additions and other uses of the alert system to be brain stormed. Try to refrain from complaints as these are simply ideas to get the ball rolling.

• 1- Alert specific bosses? Maybe tougher than existing bosses 70+? Maybe you need to do specific things on the level before fighting them (disable turrets in boss room, hacking lock down consoles to open boss fight room, etc.)

Maybe these bosses would need more than 4 people?

• 2- Add aesthetic rewards to the hopper? for weapons/warframes (camo pattern we can pick the colors for, maybe a rhino with a smiley face painted on its helmet, or a hammer skin that says owned across the side... use your imagination!)

• 3- Dojo defense missions? (It doesn't have to have a negative impact if you don't do it) maybe they just have a leaderboard for successful defenses, trouphies in a dojo room, rewards for the defense such as aesthetic pieces for the dojo (destroyed moa sculpture anyone?)

• 4- Reward chance?, What I mean is "Hey look a dojo defense that has a plasma sword as a reward if I make it to the 5th wave, but if I stay to the 10th or farther I have a chance to get some cool dojo stuff!* or other non-gameplay important rewards". (This could help keep the system working fine the way it is without flooding the alert generation and making it improbable to get something you want).

Keep in mind this could be any type of mission in the alerts or specific types like the dojo defense.

This would give players a reason to do the mission, even if they have the listed item already.

Getting these could come with a risk (Do I want to risk skipping my sword blueprint on wave 5 for possibly getting ? on 10?) 

Exp. Tenno Planet (Dojo): Corpus attack inbound, Defend - 51m - 3900cr - VAUBAN bp Wave5 - wave10 ?

• 5- Secret reward additions? I love mystery/surprises. Why not add in little things to the alert hopper once and a while? Weapon camo here, new pistol there, hook sword bp at 2:00am in the morning x.x. Just sneak them into a patch during the week and wait for the post to start rolling in the forums "WHAT IS THIS?? YOU GUYS SEE THE REWARD FOR THAT ALERT THAT POPED UP????".

*I don't mean that EVERY new weapon or warframe will be secret. These would be seperate from the Tenno Reinforcments updates and a rare occurrence.

I for one would watch the alerts a little more enthusiastically if it had that little addition of surprise to it.

• 6- More rewards that you can't get from PAYING? People have been worrying about the past few additions to the alert system (Glaive, VAUBAN) saying that "We are going to a PAY TO WIN APOCALYPSE". I think that a few more, "You have to play to get it and that's the only way" rewards, would help lower the volume on these end of all that we know posts. (By that I mean easing there worries).

I have no doubt that DE has more rewards like this in process right now.

• 7-Token system for getting alert rewards? This one explains itself.

Feel free to expand or add your own twist to any/all of these ideas, as well as add your own Alert related ideas or comments.

On a side note, this is a brain storming post. I realize that there are many issues/constraints when it comes to making content for Warframe. I also realize that they have to make money too in order for us to enjoy this game to its fullest.

I just want a place for ideas to rise and (hopefully) have anyone that posts here contribute something that DE will be able to spark ideas/ consider/ use.

Comment links/Ideas

Story4- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54327-interesting-way-to-increase-challenge/

Oweyan- Boss alerts? hells to the yes. Possibly RAID bosses and by RAID i mean more than an 4 man squad to take them out. Like big bosses for 8 man squads or more.

Skeloton- I would double the credits for alerts with only credits as a reward and add in resources as a reward.

Edited by Incudem

Yes!

Not sure why DE has such a severely limited alert system as it is now, when there is SO much potential being totally unused. Unless they're crunched for time (which they are of course), but some of these ideas would be easy to implement since they all use existing assets and existing game mechanics.

Yes!

Not sure why DE has such a severely limited alert system as it is now, when there is SO much potential being totally unused. Unless they're crunched for time (which they are of course), but some of these ideas would be easy to implement since they all use existing assets and existing game mechanics.

Many things go on behind what they tell us/ what we see. The alert system is most likely on the list for change (eventualy). Who knows what will be after update 8?

But i agree with you on the time crunch, beta releases have many more bug issues than finished releases (Rhinos current predicament)

While I like surprises, a new weapon or frame being put out as a surprise in the form of Alerts are the worst. I'd rather just stop playing then.

If it happened a lot it would get old fast. I was thinking maybe one or two weapons every once and a while, not as a primary way of spreading them.

Do you have any sugestions then?

If it happened a lot it would get old fast. I was thinking maybe one or two weapons every once and a while, not as a primary way of spreading them.

Do you have any sugestions then?

Personally, I would say no. I don't see it as a viable design unless it's something like "Fangs BP Alert" where you can actually get the BP with credits but you have that sudden free option to get it by just doing a mission. Of course, that would circumvent the current redesign of the Market (I think).

Most definitely is where new weapons should NOT be placed in Alert as a surprise weapon.... unless they implemented it out as BP and plat purchasables after the Alert is over. Hey, I did just think of one. XD

Most definitely is where new weapons should NOT be placed in Alert as a surprise weapon.... unless they implemented it out as BP and plat purchasables after the Alert is over. Hey, I did just think of one. XD

Thats what im trying to get at here ^^, I was just making suggestions to get it started, you guys are here to continue it and make it into ideas you see as fair or come up with ones to make the system more interesting/fun.

Edited by Incudem

Boss alerts? hells to the yes. Possibly RAID bosses and by RAID i mean more than an 4 man squad to take them out. Like big bosses for 8 man squads or more.

Edited by Oweyan

• 2 weeks later...

Boss alerts? hells to the yes. Possibly RAID bosses and by RAID i mean more than an 4 man squad to take them out. Like big bosses for 8 man squads or more.

+1

I would double the credits for alerts with only credits as a reward and add in resources as a reward.

+1