Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pve Defense Maps Could Be Used In Pvp

Lord-KEK

OK my suggestion is very simple, the Defense tilesets in PVE could be really good maps for PVP

Reasons:
-Large varieties in size
-New and old players are (most likely) familiarized with these tilesets
-They have integrated Span points
-Lots of cover, nice design, self contained
-The central area could be used for a future "king of the hill" style game mode

i mean just look at this!

Warframe0006_zps5tn2mgdk.jpg

Warframe0007_zpsjihc9mrm.jpg

Warframe0008_zpspfnb5pp1.jpg

Warframe0009_zpsqx48q5ij.jpg

They are beautiful

Now don't get me wrong DE, the current PVP maps are fine, but these tilesets have so much potential for PVP, i don't think ill be too hard to convert them into PVP maps, instead of designing new maps that could potentially take more time

Just saying

Edited by Lord_GoldenEye

I'd like smaller condensed maps over large raid-sized disasters please.

there are some defense maps that are really small, like draco, the venus tilesets, corpus gas city tilsets (defense, interception)

Ya know...while we're at it...why not include some of the other random, maze-like maps with narrow corridors?  This way, there's potential for PvP maps to change as much as PvE maps do.

However, I'd only want this if we ever get the chance to change our loadout in the middle of the match...and we get a preview of what the next match's map is going to be.  I'd hate to bring a sniper to a CQC environment.

Ya know...while we're at it...why not include some of the other random, maze-like maps with narrow corridors?  This way, there's potential for PvP maps to change as much as PvE maps do.

However, I'd only want this if we ever get the chance to change our loadout in the middle of the match...and we get a preview of what the next match's map is going to be.  I'd hate to bring a sniper to a CQC environment.

well generated tilesets could be fun but also somewhat confusing, but sure why not.

changing loadouts in the middle of the match "Battlefield style" sounds fun but the most loadouts you can have are like 5 loadouts? if you max the syndicate, that may provide an "unfair advantage" (and i put it on quotes) vs players who havent maxed out the syndicate, but again sure why not.

however i do think the best way will be to have a "map Selection" (via Vote) on the map that the next game will take place, kinda like Counter Strike

• 3 weeks later...

well generated tilesets could be fun but also somewhat confusing, but sure why not.

changing loadouts in the middle of the match "Battlefield style" sounds fun but the most loadouts you can have are like 5 loadouts? if you max the syndicate, that may provide an "unfair advantage" (and i put it on quotes) vs players who havent maxed out the syndicate, but again sure why not.

however i do think the best way will be to have a "map Selection" (via Vote) on the map that the next game will take place, kinda like Counter Strike

right now it can lead to a disclaimer advantage as you can't realiably pick wich one you want to use.

I don't like these maps, too much open space. In my opinion a good PvP map gotta have flat opposing walls, long flat structures and solid objects opposed to the walls that enable us to bounce from one point to the other with parkour. Like old Europa (Now called Freight Line) was before they filled the walls with nonsensical objects. Big open maps like this, people would just sprint, copter and directional melee, very little options for parkour.

Edited by RexSol

I'd like smaller condensed maps over large raid-sized disasters please.

so how do you stop a copt. in this open huge map?

I don't like these maps, too much open space. In my opinion a good PvP map gotta have flat opposing walls, long flat structures and solid objects opposed to the walls that enable us to bounce from one point to the other with parkour. Like old Europa (Now called Freight Line) was before they filled the walls with nonsensical objects. Big open maps like this, people would just sprint, copter and directional melee, very little options for parkour.

Well as for coptering and air melee, those will be removed with parkour 2.0 (aparently)

But lets not be narow minded, maybe in future updates, PvP will have more than 8 players per match, larger maps will be necesary

but hey there are smaller maps to chose from! like:

Everyones favorite, Draco (grineer Shipyard defense/interception) not to much room for parkoir but very small

Warframe0002_zpsmys2htb0.jpg

Corpus Ice planet B? (sechura) here there are some nice posiblitiles for vertical parkour, and sniping positions

Warframe0003_zpshquad7ru.jpg

Corpus Gas City (defense/iinterception) Open and mostly flat

Warframe0005_zps1ot5r3pb.jpg

Grineer Asteroid Mine (defense/int) again mostly flat, large pilars for bouncing maneuvers?

Warframe0004_zpsmvrrtwfe.jpg

amd there are some others like the venus defense maps, void, eris, the derelict...