The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Shadow: Character Model By Rag Premji

ragmanrag

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EntropysAcolyte said:

A few exceptions to the carney trend do not threaten the overall art style of the game. Artistic innovations/ expansions can widen appeal to the consumer base without infringing on visual dogma. Furthermore humans are hardwired to appreciate symmetry and well proportioned forms... I think the massively postive reception of this design suggests that no exaggerations are warranted. The concept is brilliant and if implemented needn't be altered in the least.       

Look at that piece of text, go play your quests, and understand what I mean afterwards when I say there's lore reasons that what you just said works against you and you REALLY need to play your quests.

Also I'm not saying at all that this model should be any different if it were added nor that it shouldn't be added. Just stating some stuff. I for one would love to see this as an ash alternate skin. It already feels really warframe-y. Though personally I feel it's... missing something. Couldn't begin to figure out what though. Maybe once it's finished it'll feel... finished. xD (it could even just be the lack of colors and textures honestly. They make a big difference when looking at something)

6 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Look at that piece of text, go play your quests, and understand what I mean afterwards when I say there's lore reasons that what you just said works against you and you REALLY need to play your quests.

Also I'm not saying at all that this model should be any different if it were added nor that it shouldn't be added. Just stating some stuff. I for one would love to see this as an ash alternate skin. It already feels really warframe-y. Though personally I feel it's... missing something. Couldn't begin to figure out what though. Maybe once it's finished it'll feel... finished. xD (it could even just be the lack of colors and textures honestly. They make a big difference when looking at something)

I have played the quests, I know the story, I understand your argument. My points were addressing realities outside of the fiction.  

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

Its been awhile since my last update! I've been experimenting with some rigging techniques to see if the head will move how I would like it to when I come to pose the mesh. I did a quick animation test to show how the head blades will pop out when the character is in battle mode, hope you like it!

Have a great day!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_26_06_16C.g

6 minutes ago, ragmanrag said:

Hi Everyone!

Its been awhile since my last update! I've been experimenting with some rigging techniques to see if the head will move how I would like it to when I come to pose the mesh. I did a quick animation test to show how the head blades will pop out when the character is in battle mode, hope you like it!

Have a great day!

Rag.

That's cool, that is amazing man! Lookin forward to your future updates.

3 hours ago, ragmanrag said:

Hi Everyone!

Have a great day!

Rag.

Cool, this is just like how I imagined it! Awesome, man!

On June 27, 2016 at 5:37 AM, ragmanrag said:

Hi Everyone!

Have a great day!

Rag.

If it was up to me, I'd make it pop at the same time.

On 2016-06-26 at 10:36 PM, derp215 said:

Cool, this is just like how I imagined it! Awesome, man!

On 2016-06-30 at 8:32 AM, Slendy-Broseph said:

If it was up to me, I'd make it pop at the same time.

Thanks for the feedback! More updates to come soon!

• 1 month later...

Hi All!

Just a quick update showing the texturing of the head using substance painter. I wanted this Warframe to have camouflage stripes so that he can blend into the environment. Moreover, I added subtle detail to the green armour pieces as I didn't want to have a smooth look throughout.

More updates to come and have a great day!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_26_08_16_1.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_26_08_16_2.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_26_08_16_3.

Edited by ragmanrag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ragmanrag said:

Hi All,

Here is a quick update showing how some mesh pieces look in marmoset toolbag 2. I'm currently testing out different lighting/material setups to see which one looks the best.

Thanks for looking!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_16_10_16_1.

Love the lotus symbol. But be wary for the in game lighting might be different.

On 2016-10-16 at 7:11 PM, Shad0wWatcher said:

Absolutely stunning details my friend.

@:Shad0wWatcher: Thanks for the kind comment Shad0w!

13 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

Love the lotus symbol. But be wary for the in game lighting might be different.

@:Slendy-Broseph: Yeah, this was a early test for the lighting, the final will be more like Warframe. Thanks for looking!

10 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

How much you want for this?

*Throws wallet at screen*

Have you decided if this will be a skin or a whole new frame yet?  Cause either way, my god.  

@: (XB1)chillichillman: Thanks for the kind comment! This is a fan art piece as I really love the unique art style Warframe has, have a great day!!!

10 hours ago, CelestialSabre said:

This is beautiful man. I swear if the Devs make this a thing i will buy it just because i know you made it.

@: CelestialSabre: Wow, that's a very kind thing to say, i really appreciate it!!!

More updates to come soon, and thanks again for all the support!!!

Rag.

Edited by ragmanrag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...