Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of All That Is Sane Don't Force Pvp In This Game.

DAWGUNITALPHA

Warframe is a pretty decent PVE game, I think most people at least are willing to agree on this point. The AI could use some tweaking and a few enemies are a pain in the rear but the PVE aspect is what we're all here for. However the devs, for whatever insane reason, are talking about PVP a lot lately which just puts me on edge. I play this game because it doesn't have PVP.

Forcing PVP into a PVE game rarely goes well, rarely results in fun times being had and tends to make the game worse over all. I mean just look at the massively negative response to the nerfs this latest update brought, and a focus on PVP would likely bring about more (except, of course to dev favorites frost and excalibur. Insert eyeroll here) until the game is just not fun to play PVE anymore and horrible to play PVP because using most of your abilities now just results in your own death, so have fun hiding behind a box and shooting at eachother until one of you messes up.

Basically, DE, what I'm trying to say is focus your game. It's a fun PVE game, don't bugger it up. If I wanted to fight other people I'd go play a game that does that exclusively and does it well. I don't want to play another half assed PVE/PVP hybrid that constantly nerfs anything fun in the PVE aspect just so the terribly unfun PVP aspect isn't gimped as hell.

But yet they're talking about 1v1 and 5v5 battles. And now a whole bunch of pvp seeming nerfs go out. Its hard not to worry, especially when it took such a massive S#&$storm to get the devs to even reconsider maybe destroying rhino wasn't the best idea.

they cant win either way.

if they dont the list of pvp request threads will be endless.

if they put it in the demands for balanced pvp will be overwhelming.

if they balance around it pve is boned.

just gotta hope for the best. plenty of games that have just dueling didnt implode. just comes down to how much they stick to their guns.

But yet they're talking about 1v1 and 5v5 battles. And now a whole bunch of pvp seeming nerfs go out. Its hard not to worry, especially when it took such a massive S#&$storm to get the devs to even reconsider maybe destroying rhino wasn't the best idea.

if this is another hidden omgnerfsandQQ thread i quit life. iron skin nerf was practically mandatory. sound quake is weird but they are looking at it. rhino needed to be redone regardless.

gona go play now and im not coming out until update 8.

or in when this next mission is over. its gona be one of those two.

The only PvP that's even been mentioned is within and betwixt clans. It's not forced, and it doesn't appear to have any special items only obtainable in PvP, so why is it such a bother? It's completely optional. I think this is just DEs way of appeasing the players who are non-stop moaning about not having PvP, and that's it. It's like finally going to the park with your little brother after he's been whining about it for weeks. You don't plan on doing anything beyond that; it's simply appeasement.

It's not going to flesh out into some crazy PvP-focused game. DE knows they've got a unique PvE experience and they don't have any plans to screw that up.

im not sure if you have been told some dis info or maybe you have not been told.From what I gathered watching the live stream PvP is Not going to be forced on any one infact its the complete opposite.

You need to be in a guild to pvp

Your guild must own a guild dojo

Your guild must farm and put materials into making the dojo

Non of the above sounds like forced PVP, and to cap off with a para phrase from the live stream " PVP in warframe will be more like duels" A fair bout between guild friends.

PVP will not force this game to be balanced or nerfed in any way, you fight with what mods and weapons you have to the best of your ability.

Fear not, if you dont want to pvp then dont =), its more like dueling with friends than Big Headed PvP warfare.

Only idiots want PvP in this game, seriously it's advertised as a co-op not competitive game.

The only PvP that's even been mentioned is within and betwixt clans. It's not forced, and it doesn't appear to have any special items only obtainable in PvP, so why is it such a bother? It's completely optional. I think this is just DEs way of appeasing the players who are non-stop moaning about not having PvP, and that's it. It's like finally going to the park with your little brother after he's been whining about it for weeks. You don't plan on doing anything beyond that; it's simply appeasement.

It's not going to flesh out into some crazy PvP-focused game. DE knows they've got a unique PvE experience and they don't have any plans to screw that up.

The issue is when "balance" nerfs start coming out that sound like they're designed for PVP and start making the PVE experience less fun. Which makes (some) people less inclined to play the game and spend their money on platinum. Maybe DE doesn't care, maybe they do who knows because there's not a whole lot of communication going on.

Only idiots want PvP in this game, seriously it's advertised as a co-op not competitive game.

This is a hateful and unnecessary accusation, because I for one feel that PvP should be an OPTION, which is will be because the devs have said that come U8, you can build PvP arenas in your dojo. So why are people worried about this? If you want it, then build it! If not, then leave the ones who DO want it alone!

They're not forcing it anywhere. It's there. The truth is they're gonna get more players since it's what a lot of mmo players want. Because it isn't forced on the pve only players and it's bringing in more players, it's a good move on DE's part. Also they won't be lacking in the pve since they said it's still pve focused.

This is a hateful and unnecessary accusation, because I for one feel that PvP should be an OPTION, which is will be because the devs have said that come U8, you can build PvP arenas in your dojo. So why are people worried about this? If you want it, then build it! If not, then leave the ones who DO want it alone!

There is nothing about the game that serves as platform for real PvP other than there are people with guns. It's not twitch/competitive skill based but focused on tactics and gear, much more RPG than shooter. As someone pointed out, from what we know is coming it's basically just like borderlands dueling apparently which is hardly PvP and more just a DPS check. That's fine. Anything more would require and entire split between PvE and PvP, most games (MMOs are prime examples) can't manage both in harmony.

They're not forcing it anywhere. It's there. The truth is they're gonna get more players since it's what a lot of mmo players want. Because it isn't forced on the pve only players and it's bringing in more players, it's a good move on DE's part. Also they won't be lacking in the pve since they said it's still pve focused.

Unless, you know, it starts hurting the PVE content. IE: the recent ult and rhino nerfs.

Those kind of nerfs are exactly the kind of thing we can expect from PVP oriented updates and it just makes the PVE content a painful slog.

PvP? Do not want.

I'd much rather have an enjoyable Co-operative PvE experience than suffer for the changes made to a gameplay element I will *never* use.

I started this game because this is Co-operative game, not a e-peen contest between kids about "wh0 15 73h m057 1337 pr0 0wnz0rz!".

I don't mind them putting PVP into the game as long as...

1. You get NOTHING out of it. Literally nothing. Not even 1 credit.

2. There is ZERO balance for it. I've seen far too many games butchered to carter to the PVP crowd who will never be content anyway.

3. Can we ban PVP whiners? Please? Guess not...

if they balance around it pve is boned.

just gotta hope for the best. plenty of games that have just dueling didnt implode. just comes down to how much they stick to their guns.

MWO is burning from inside due to the overwhelming demands for balancing and devs doing their best to not listen to community, and that's a PvP only game.

Best way to satisfy PvE and PvP players would be to separate ability effects into PvP and PvE.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I don't understand why everyone thinks PVP balance would negatively impact PVE balance. It's entirely possibly (and very easy) to have separate configuration files load depending on the game mode, and each can be balanced independently. It can take a while to set up, sure, but once it's set up, making tweaks is easy.

How were the recent nerfs pvp nerfs?

When an ability makes you completely immune to everything, it becomes very hard to introduce challenge into a game without using stunlocks that prevent you from using this ability in the first place. I'm not saying they've nerfed rhino correctly overall (they always overdo or completely screw up things the first time they touch them- see gorgon, shotguns, market update etc. ), but I really think that removing long periods of invulnerability will allow for more interesting enemies.

The issue is when "balance" nerfs start coming out that sound like they're designed for PVP and start making the PVE experience less fun. Which makes (some) people less inclined to play the game and spend their money on platinum. Maybe DE doesn't care, maybe they do who knows because there's not a whole lot of communication going on.

If you're referring to Rhino's iron skin then it's just overdue balance change. It's merely inevitable that one day iron skin will be nerfed because it's simply gives too much for little skill and investment. Link will be next, I guess.

Not a lot of communication? Check the hot topic by DE_Rebecca. 

Geez.

if this is another hidden omgnerfsandQQ thread i quit life. iron skin nerf was practically mandatory. sound quake is weird but they are looking at it. rhino needed to be redone regardless.

gona go play now and im not coming out until update 8.

or in when this next mission is over. its gona be one of those two.

I share this mentality at this point. These forums have just exploded as of late.

Also, the only pvp that will be featured in Warframe is within clan dojos. The nerfs and changes that have been implemented as of late have -nothing- to do with pvp -at all-. Pvp is not going to be competitive in this game. It's just friendly clan mate vs. clan mate.

I swear there are too many people getting WAY ahead of themselves about EVERYTHING nowadays... I'm gonna just do what MetalGerbil here is doing and let you all fight amongst yourselves.