Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Core Bps

DeadlyNerd

EDIT: Since everyone is more concerned about the numbers, that will get changed anyway if the suggestion is implemented, rather than the suggestion as in a convenient way of utilizing spare mods, there... no more numbers.

All the useless 1st and 2nd warframe ability mod drops just create clutter and using them with other mods doesn't yield much mod progress.

I thought, since so many of em are dropping and since it's pretty hard to get multiple rare mods to have some decent mod progress, it'd be pretty useful to be able to turn all those useless mods into fusion cores, which can then be used universally.

My suggestion are fusion core BPs.

There would be a BP for each fusion core rarity.

Each BP would ask for a number of identical mods of common,uncommon or rare rarity, depending on the fusion core.

BP prices and crafting costs would scale with the rarity of the fusion core.

Despite the EDIT, a number approximation:

Crafting time could vary from 30mins to an hour so that one could do a mission while waiting for the craft to finish.

Another EDIT so it's clear:

Crafting a fusion core from mods that have the same polarity as the mod the fusion core would be used with, would be a waste of time and credits as the progress the fusion core would yield would be the same as the mods used for making the fusion core. (Read it twice, slowly the second time, to understand fully, even I couldn't believe what I wrote)

This suggestion is purely to create a use for those mods which polarity one doesn't have any use for.

I understand that ever since the update 7 launched people have been doing it the hard way, and succeeding with enormous amounts of farming.

I'm not asking for an easy mode way of getting fusion cores, but a nifty way of utilizing all those useless ability mods or even weapon mods.

RNG is bad enough and a little insurance, that everything that drops is not completely useless, would be a good refreshment. 

One might also see this as a way of recycling and recycling is always good^^.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I'd rather keep my 5 Rare mods. I'd rather have one Frame mod that ups the chance of Fusion Cores, while lowering the drop rates of other mods (So Commons become Uncommon rarity, Uncommon become Rare rarity, and Rares become almost unheard of).

Lol, no...You should farm defense missions for Cores, they drop crazy most of the time. And most definitely not as cheap as 10-40K total credits to build. Rare 5 drosp arent that common so why only spend 40K + bountiful unused Rare mods for a Rare 5 Core. You say you don't want an "easy mode" to obtain Cores, but your suggestion is essentially that, asking for an "easy mode"...To new players and starting players this will shine since their odds are lower than those who have already been playing and what not, but I still don't feel the need to implement a feature simply to please that crowd.

I'd rather keep my 5 Rare mods. I'd rather have one Frame mod that ups the chance of Fusion Cores, while lowering the drop rates of other mods (So Commons become Uncommon rarity, Uncommon become Rare rarity, and Rares become almost unheard of).

Well a rare 5 fusion core fills up a lot of progress, and I'm talking about the excess mods.

Those that have excess rare mods don't really need fusion cores anymore.

Lol, no...You should farm defense missions for Cores, they drop crazy most of the time. And most definitely not as cheap as 10-40K total credits to build. Rare 5 drosp arent that common so why only spend 40K + bountiful unused Rare mods for a Rare 5 Core. You say you don't want an "easy mode" to obtain Cores, but your suggestion is essentially that, asking for an "easy mode"...To new players and starting players this will shine since their odds are lower than those who have already been playing and what not, but I still don't feel the need to implement a feature simply to please that crowd.

I'm not pleasing the crowd, merely asking for a way of meaningful utilization of useless mods.

And why does everyone that disagrees keep thinking they'll be forced to use their rare mods? It's your own choice whether you want to fuse your 5 excess focus mods into a  rare 5 fusion core, or not.

Also, I've said "say 5k,10k,20k". That means I never set the prices, merely showed how the pricing would look like.

Also... there's no easy mode here really. You'd still have to farm Kappa/Xini for mods that you'll later turn into fusion cores.

Also...fusion cores of common rarity don't really fill up much progress either, but it's definitely more than 3 random common mods.

As for uncommon 5 fusion cores, I ask of any newbie to give me a screen shot where he has more than 1 set of 5 same uncommon mods, spare.

And don't worry, I do my share of Xini/Kappa farming otherwise I wouldn't be getting useless mod clutter.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Well a rare 5 fusion core fills up a lot of progress, and I'm talking about the excess mods.

Those that have excess rare mods don't really need fusion cores anymore.

I can barely obtain a Rare mod, and a certainly don't have excess Rares laying about.

5 uncommon mods of the correct polarity actually give more fusion progress then an uncommon 5 fusion core.

Even if the numbers were tweaked for a larger gain I doubt it would be worth spending a bunch of credits for the conversion.

...unless I'm missing something, you guys do realize that you can already fuse trash mods with any mod, right?

With fusion core BPs you essentially pay for more fusion progress.

5 uncommon mods of the correct polarity actually give more fusion progress then an uncommon 5 fusion core.

Even if the numbers were tweaked for a larger gain I doubt it would be worth spending a bunch of credits for the conversion.

I don't think so, 5 random uncommon mods don't fill up much of rare mod progress while an uncommon fusion core fills up the first rank and around 30% of the next one.

Credits are the only resource that has 100% chance of being awarded to the player, making it a resource that needs a "sink".

Also, generally one always has excess credits which he either spends on extra weapons or warframes, or they just pile up.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

So you got me with the numbers. It's a bit redundant arguing about numbers tho as it's a suggestion and if implemented devs will definitely take care of the numbers.

Hmm, That might have come off as a  bit "aggro". Sry bout that.

Just that alot of people complain 'bout mods not doing enough to aid the exp growth of others without taking the math in consideration (mostly the steps of common/uncommon/rare and the drawback of polarities. It might help to know what it does.

Hmm, That might have come off as a  bit "aggro". Sry bout that.

Just that alot of people complain 'bout mods not doing enough to aid the exp growth of others without taking the math in consideration (mostly the steps of common/uncommon/rare and the drawback of polarities. It might help to know what it does.

Definitely, but it'd be far more convenient if one could just pay the price of "knowing the math" and get a fusion core which fits all polarities.

For one, warframe ability mods don't fit any other polarity making them pretty much useless in the whole process, unless one is ranking up another ability mod.

i have better solution: redo loot drop tables. no ones needs that many scratch abilities. i understand it was intended to help those curious players who were too eager to try out the mysterious "fusion" button, but after warframe ability lock-on update, it became an annoyance.

especially when i'm killing

and yours is not a practical solution at all. why should you settle for 1 or 2 abilities from level 30+ grineer? consider bp craft costs, waiting time, and fusion price. meh.

I can't be the only one that uses "junk" mods as fusion fodder? It's really not that expensive and unless you are upgrading the rank 10 mods you really do gain progress. With the credit update I don't run out of cash doing this either.

umm...

5 rare mods is going to give you more mod value than a level 5 fusion core.

Plus it's 40k credits.

I think you need to take a look at the costs and values again.

There's an EDIT in the OP now, for all you numbers people. Easier than replying individually with the same explanation every time.

No offense, numbers need to be correct, but I'd like to focus on the suggestion as a whole, not a single part that isn't even that relevant.

and yours is not a practical solution at all. why should you settle for 1 or 2 abilities from level 30+ grineer? consider bp craft costs, waiting time, and fusion price. meh.

You either use those mods of incompatible polarity and gain minimum progress, or pay a certain amount of credits, wait an hour or so and gain a fusion core that gives significantly more progress than those mods.

Also, I'm talking mostly about warframe ability mods here, as they're incompatible with anything except other warframe ability mods, making them THE trash mods.

I don't think paying and waiting would be a problem when the whole process would convert useless mods into useful fusion cores.