The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Tenno.

Question

For those of you who know me.

I miss you all. <3

For those of you who don't.

Yo.

Now, I am here with a simple question of the day that I just thought I should ask as I am being indecisive in my decision making and am not quite sure on what I meant to do here.

So, recently I left my clan (today, actually. Reasons behind it are meh.)

Anyways, after that.. For the past hour I have been thinking-- Would it be wise just to start my own clan? (Yes, I know it takes a lot of work and I would have to recruit soooo many people for it.. (And then building all the weapons and all that nonsense will take ages)

Well, I actually am up for the challenge but the only issue is I'm not sure if I should start my own or just look around again to see if there is something that fits my criteria of what I would appreciate joining and becoming part of the family.

After all, I am a fox and we do not abandon any of our own-- It just isn't something that we do.

Anyways, can I get some thoughts here on what I should do with my life here?

Stay a solo fox and just have a dojo for us weebs & furries or should I try to extend my family to you other species?

5 answers to this question

It's always easier to make friends and join a clan than it is to start your own. Perhaps the wisest thing to do would be to search around for a clan that suits you, and if you are unable to find one then start your own. This way you keep your options open.

I'll tell you a little story when I started the game I was invited to a mountain tier clan (NINPO) I climbed the ranks and became officer rank and I was being groomed to be general but the fact was the clan was dying since the warlord was never really online and even the generals were not that active and people couldn't cope with the research and material costs of the labs so in short when zephyr got released our clan research got halted since no one could contribute enough oxium.

So knowing this I decided to gather my close and trusted friends within that clan and tell them of my plan of leaving the clan to create a newer sister clan and they agreed to join me so I used my dummy starter account and created my clan initially without the knowledge of some of the other officers in NINPO and when my dojo was fully furnished i removed my main account from my clan and about a dozen core members officers and general of my ex clan joined me in my newly created clan Boundless it was fun creating clan ranks, designing dojo layouts and promoting clan events we also had to rush alot of rooms initially lol it was fun even if we were only 5-10 persons during that time and we could be considered a friends only clan. Anyway it got lonely and people we met in game wanted to join us so we decided expanded to shadow clan we then were able to achieve top 5 place back during the Tethra's doom event among shadow tier clans in game after that I expanded the clan to storm tier to accommodate even more people my clan mates at the moment want to further increase to mountain clan but I decided to stay in storm tier due to it being resource efficient. After that I met some of my fellow clan warlord friends gurzil of Warbreed and some other warlord friends and decided to make an alliance in preparation of the release of dark sector during that time.

Eventually we were included in the original "ECLIPSE" alliance the most dominant alliance back when dark sector started that held 8 dark sectors nodes that included the best clans in game at the moment till we had a falling out there were alot of politics involved and alliance council members disagreeing on certain things so in short the core members of eclipse left and got replaced by new ones after some time we also left and now have a new alliance so the moral of the story is just go out and do your thing eventually it will lead you to places you never expect and accomplish things you never dreamed off.

- HARDCORE_DAVE (Warlord of Boundless)

EDIT: Good luck in making your own clan and may you succeed in your journey

I run a clan, a small one, I try to recruit people, but most leave, usually because they want to be in a bigger clan. It's an endless circle of recruiting. All the research is done, but most of the members haven't been on in months. TBH I kind of like having it small, don't really have to deal with in-house problems, and it's a bit like being in charge of Tenno Team Six xD

Oh, wait, we're talking about you. Uh, if you truly want to start your own clan, go for it. If not, well, it isn't for everybody. Not saying you can't do it- my advice tends to derail itself, so I'll just stop.