Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Buff

runeryth

I'm the kind of player who loves just going around melee killing everyone regardless of their tiers. I understand how melee is not really reliable when it's late in the game, like T4 Sur/Def.

Another point to note is that I hear many players saying "melee is just for getting around".

That's kinda true, I tend to favor weapons that has decent copterings.

That being said, why don't DE implement a mode where if you enter a game without any primary or secondary, your melee will get buffs enough to be on par with a primary weapon.

On a side note : Melee only can't destroy cores or objects that are hung up high, such as destroying a reactor core in Sabotage missions, so maybe at least change that?

Just my 2 cents.

The new update is going to suck just imagine being a space ninja with no stamina wont be a ninja no longer but a bunch of week warframe hobbits with guns since melee uses stamina guns do not , Dev plese do not take out stamina.

Edited by matthew1280

The new update is going to suck just imagine being a space ninja with no stamina wont be a ninja no longer but a bunch of week warframe hobbits with guns since melee uses stamina guns do not , Dev plese do not take out stamina.

I'm sorry ...What ?

I think you don't know the implication of removing stamina XD: it doesn't meas you'll be always tired, it means you have endless stamina and never get fatigued

I think you don't know the implication of removing stamina XD: it doesn't meas you'll be always tired, it means you have endless stamina and never get fatigued

Don't forget endless blocking & pretty much never getting knocked down.

Oh man, you're so far from the truth, removing stamina is a very good way to BUFF melee and parkour because now we will be completely free.

But I think stamina must stay in conclave (with some tweaks of course) to avoid infinite blocking (and people that only run for the cephalon)

My Dragon Nikana one shots anything except for long T4 missions. I think melee is good enough already if they buff up other subpar melee weapons. I mean, everyone will have Scindo Primes, Dakra Primes, Dragon Nikanas, Jat Kittags just because they are OP, not necessarily because they love the weapon. I for one hate the design in Dakra Prime, but I have a 2 formaed one just because I kill stuff with it easily.

My Dragon Nikana one shots anything except for long T4 missions. I think melee is good enough already if they buff up other subpar melee weapons. I mean, everyone will have Scindo Primes, Dakra Primes, Dragon Nikanas, Jat Kittags just because they are OP, not necessarily because they love the weapon. I for one hate the design in Dakra Prime, but I have a 2 formaed one just because I kill stuff with it easily.

But... but Dakra P. looks awesome D: I tend to use the Serro since it's the best weapon for crowd control, 744 Electric damage with a lot of status chance just petrifies waves of mobs and the damage scales by how much you hit so almost everything dies. The only thing I think DE just forgets and I have said many times but kept getting forgotten is that the spinning "blade" animation doesn't work...

But talking about buffs... Scythes needs a damage buff like other heavy weapons since yeah, they are a little faster but god damn it's a scythe why it deals less damage than a little hammer?

Don't forget endless blocking & pretty much never getting knocked down.

IIRC the devs did mention something about melee blocking after removing stamina. Nothing concrete, just a mention, like yea that's one of the issues of removing stamina. So they're aware of this and I believe endless blocking won't be a thing. Maybe stamina can remain, but only applies to blocking, and other stuff where infinite stamina would be OP?

or...mele just won't use stamina anymore? or is that impossible?

People constantly say endgame melee isn't viable, and I've never had this issue in T4 endless.

Melee only requires a slight amount of skill that many gun vets can't seem to adjust to.

This idea has been presented before and given some thought, but no one has said they WONT do it yet, they might

I just want them to rework stamina that is all. It frustrates me that after a few melee combo, I am reduced to a crawl because of a lack of stamina. This is worse with open maps as I am unable to close the gap in time and get shot at from all directions. 

Late game as in a few hours into the T4 Survival / Defence? Or just for an hour + some extra?

While most melee weapons have struggle keeping up with the guns, there isn't a single gun that can keep up with Orthos Prime in a 1 hour T4S.

And there are a few good melee weapons that can compete with the guns as well, such as Scindo (especially with Tempo Royale), Dragon Nikana without a stance, Kogake (against infested), etc...

That being said, I'd suggest the following:

1. Increase the combo counter timeout to 5-10 sec. Most of the time, 3 sec isn't enough to get from one foe to another.

2. Decrease the required combo-hits to reach the next multiplier.

The 15 hits required for a 2x damage boost is alright, but 135 hits for 3x and 1215 hits for 4x damage boost? If you encounter an enemy that needs 100+ melee hits, probably not a good idea to just stand there and combo the enemy that can one-shot you any moment.

That's why, multipliers should be a lot easier to achieve. Melee should be the "high-risk high-reward" type of playstyle, in my opinion.

Reason why Orthos Prime can handle the lvl 100+ enemies a lot easier than most weapons is because you slide around at high speed, dodging and damaging the enemies at the same time.

Late game as in a few hours into the T4 Survival / Defence? Or just for an hour + some extra?

While most melee weapons have struggle keeping up with the guns, there isn't a single gun that can keep up with Orthos Prime in a 1 hour T4S.

And there are a few good melee weapons that can compete with the guns as well, such as Scindo (especially with Tempo Royale), Dragon Nikana without a stance, Kogake (against infested), etc...

That being said, I'd suggest the following:

1. Increase the combo counter timeout to 5-10 sec. Most of the time, 3 sec isn't enough to get from one foe to another.

2. Decrease the required combo-hits to reach the next multiplier.

The 15 hits required for a 2x damage boost is alright, but 135 hits for 3x and 1215 hits for 4x damage boost? If you encounter an enemy that needs 100+ melee hits, probably not a good idea to just stand there and combo the enemy that can one-shot you any moment.

That's why, multipliers should be a lot easier to achieve. Melee should be the "high-risk high-reward" type of playstyle, in my opinion.

Reason why Orthos Prime can handle the lvl 100+ enemies a lot easier than most weapons is because you slide around at high speed, dodging and damaging the enemies at the same time.

I'd like to see your orthos prime build. Mine could barely last 40 min in a T1 survival. I don't use channeling (only for health replenish with lifestrike), so maybe that's your catch?

I'd like to see your orthos prime build. Mine could barely last 40 min in a T1 survival. I don't use channeling (only for health replenish with lifestrike), so maybe that's your catch?

Since I'm running Rhino, Life strike isn't needed, thanks to the Iron Skin and the fact that you're dodging most of the hits with the slide. Also, if you use the Syndicate weapons to replenish HP, you can skip on Life Strike on some other frames as well.

Anyway, it's not really about the build, it's more about the playstyle. Orthos Prime has an amazing slide attack and an insane range! It's pretty much a mini-nuke. Still, one thing I'd like to point out for the build is the Reach mod. It's a must on Orthos Prime. I personally got a maxed Primed Reach. If the void trader shows up with the mod again, I really recommend getting it.

Other then that, it's the basic setup: Pressure point, Fury, Elemental mods. You can use Jagged Edge or Buzz Kill if you have it as well. Faction mods are great too.

And this is the playstyle I recommend with Orthos Prime:

You can run this way for an hour in T3/4S.

7UiOV0E.png

Since I'm running Rhino, Life strike isn't needed, thanks to the Iron Skin and the fact that you're dodging most of the hits with the slide. Also, if you use the Syndicate weapons to replenish HP, you can skip on Life Strike on some other frames as well.

Anyway, it's not really about the build, it's more about the playstyle. Orthos Prime has an amazing slide attack and an insane range! It's pretty much a mini-nuke. Still, one thing I'd like to point out for the build is the Reach mod. It's a must on Orthos Prime. I personally got a maxed Primed Reach. If the void trader shows up with the mod again, I really recommend getting it.

Other then that, it's the basic setup: Pressure point, Fury, Elemental mods. You can use Jagged Edge or Buzz Kill if you have it as well. Faction mods are great too.

And this is the playstyle I recommend with Orthos Prime:

You can run this way for an hour in T3/4S.

7UiOV0E.png

Hmm thanks.

I don't have primed reach yet, will get it. The problem is maxing that thing out. :(

I use Nekros, so life strike is a must if I want to melee a Corrupted Heavy Gunner in a T4 Survival while the whole universe is shooting at me. I can't slide that many times in a row, too, and I think that would bore me easily. But thanks for the tips nevertheless.