Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being A Black Sheep; I Like Alerts

NotaCobra

This is a feedback section, after all, and not everything here has to be complaints or suggestions

So I'd like to give some positive feedback;

I really like the alert system.

It's such a great way of keeping people involved with the game.

I've downloaded the phone app, and hearing that little warning buzz always gets me excited to see what sort of alert it is.

I love the way that alerts give you something to do as you're nearing the end of the level content, farming mats is a lot easier when you get to go where the alerts go, changing locations and enemy type as you do.

I love that alerts contain both items unobtainable anywhere else and items usually only purchasable with platinum, it gives a real incentive to keep an eye on the game, which in turn, makes me want to play it, farm or chat while waiting on alerts.

Heck, half of my time spent on this forum has been chilling out, waiting for alerts.

I love seeing a darksword or reactor blueprint alert pop up and having the global chat filled with low level players needing a hand to get to the alert, or just to complete it, and I love the number of people willing to aid these players.

I see some people getting all angsty and whiney because "Oh me oh my, I missed a catalyst, alerts are evil rawr" but I'm hoping they're an ignorant minority.

The way I see it, you only look at alerts when you can actually play them. That way, if an alert pops up with something good, you never miss it.

No point looking at things you missed, since alerts are random anyway, missing one doesn't affect your chances of getting the item the very next day.

I love the RNG element, never knowing whether you're going to get something good, or just a credit bonus.

I love how some of them have unusual content; like find a hostage and THEN fight hyena while protecting your hostage, I like that added difficulty.

If I had to implement some changes;

Allow some method  for alerts to be completed while away from a computer, like a phone app to run alongside the alert one.

Every week or even twice a week, give an alert that rewards some nice prize that only a minority of players have, but lasts 12 hours. Never somethig like a potato, or an artefact. Perhaps a piece of warframe, or a weapon like the darksword.

Allow alert rewards to scale with the difficulty, a 2k alert on pluto is not going to draw my interest, but a 7k reward on mercury is a bit huge.

Other than those though, I think the alert system is pretty freaking fantastic.

No doubt people will disagree with me, they'll argue and whine because they didn't get some blueprint while they were at work, but;

ya boo sucks to you! I like alerts!

Edited by NotaCobra

I like them to, but I would also like some more things that they award and for them to be more common. I would like resources especialy, they would make the ones worth 2000 cr much better/worthy while.

Don't get me wrong, I like alerts too, I love how it can take me to a location I don't want to farm, but need to and makes it X enemy instead of Y AND adds some fun with "what random item appears this time?" Only thing is, it feels like it's ALWAYS a scavenger artifact, not a weapon bp, or a warframe bit or something (hint hint). I understand we need the scav artifacts in there so new players could get them, but when 2 of the 3 bits of vauban are supposed to be "as rare as artifacts" but we haven't seen even one, THAT'S what I dislike about it.

And when it's not an item, it's just something to ignore, the mission is unique or interesting, or even worth that much generally. A 2-4k alert I can get by going and doing a defense mission, and during the defense mission I'll get A LOT more mods than I will in that alert generally.

Don't get me wrong, I like alerts too, I love how it can take me to a location I don't want to farm, but need to and makes it X enemy instead of Y AND adds some fun with "what random item appears this time?" Only thing is, it feels like it's ALWAYS a scavenger artifact, not a weapon bp, or a warframe bit or something (hint hint). I understand we need the scav artifacts in there so new players could get them, but when 2 of the 3 bits of vauban are supposed to be "as rare as artifacts" but we haven't seen even one, THAT'S what I dislike about it.

And when it's not an item, it's just something to ignore, the mission is unique or interesting, or even worth that much generally. A 2-4k alert I can get by going and doing a defense mission, and during the defense mission I'll get A LOT more mods than I will in that alert generally.

Actually, I can agree to that.

I guess they want everyone to have all the artefacts so as to give everyone the selection so they can implement strategies later on. (Like invisible enemies where radar is vital, or scavenger for levels with virtually no ammo, or rejuvanation for levels that constantly deplete health)

But I do feel like for every catalyst I find, I get over 40 shotgun scavengers.

Actually, I can agree to that.

I guess they want everyone to have all the artefacts so as to give everyone the selection so they can implement strategies later on. (Like invisible enemies where radar is vital, or scavenger for levels with virtually no ammo, or rejuvanation for levels that constantly deplete health)

But I do feel like for every catalyst I find, I get over 40 shotgun scavengers.

exactly, it's going on 72hours, and we haven't seen a piece of vauban, but we've gotten 1 shotgun, 2 rifle, 2 sniper, 1 pistol, (6 total there) along with stuff like a banshee alt helm, rifle amp, physique, a dark sword, jaw, dagger axe (scindo), energy siphon, etc etc etc.

By the Gods! A feedback thread regarding alerts that isn't raging about them?

I agree with you completely though, it's quite an interesting system with interesting rewards.

I love how some items are completely exclusive to alerts, seems to give them more 'value'.

Edited by Artreus

I love the alerts, I just wish they wouldn't stick warframes on them. Alternate skins? Sure thing. Alternate helmets? Go for it. An entire warframe that requires 3 alerts that may occur at any obscure time? Um... no.

I love the alerts, I just wish they wouldn't stick warframes on them. Alternate skins? Sure thing. Alternate helmets? Go for it. An entire warframe that requires 3 alerts that may occur at any obscure time? Um... no.

Isn't vauban like banshee where you can also find the parts randomly or as rewards for defence? maybe I misunderstood.

It'd be cool if alerts were better spread across timezones.

Because I wanted to kill someone when I missed three potatoes because one dropped soon after I went to sleep and two appeared back to back exactly an hour before I got up.

Edited by Kyte

Alerts have the: "Here is a mission Tenno, now hop to it." kinda vibe.

I think in the end it will be the thing that keeps the game alive, if they go with it wisely.

Just need to be 'a little' more frequent.

Not much, just a little: Always at-least 1 up at any given time, no more then a 5 minutes wait.

But yea, I like it too. And it fits the whole: "space ninja in space execute vital missions" vibe the game is trying to get down.

I like alerts and I cannot lie

You other brothers can't deny

When a tweet goes in with random factor 

And rewards a reactor

You get SPRUNG

...but seriously. I don't mind what alerts are designed to do, I just don't like how they do it. Perhaps a better idea would be for alerts to announce events  ahead of time, so people could prepare. Say, "enemy VIP located" and then it gives you a rough timeframe of when you'll be called to assassinate him. Something like "a few hours from now" and 2 hours later the alert mission pops up.

Just an idea. Having a dynamic event system that keeps people in-game is one thing, putting random things at random 30 or 50 minute timeframes that may or may not come while you're sleeping is another.

This is a feedback section, after all, and not everything here has to be complaints or suggestions

So I'd like to give some positive feedback;

I really like the alert system.

I've downloaded the phone app, and hearing that little warning buzz always gets me excited to see what sort of alert it is.

I love the way that alerts give you something to do as you're nearing the end of the level content, farming mats is a lot easier when you get to go where the alerts go, changing locations and enemy type as you do.

I love that alerts contain both items unobtainable anywhere else and items usually only purchasable with platinum, it gives a real incentive to keep an eye on the game, which in turn, makes me want to play it, farm or chat while waiting on alerts.

Heck, half of my time spent on this forum has been chilling out, waiting for alerts.

I love seeing a darksword or reactor blueprint alert pop up and having the global chat filled with low level players needing a hand to get to the alert, or just to complete it, and I love the number of people willing to aid these players.

I see some people getting all angsty and whiney because "Oh me oh my, I missed a catalyst, alerts are evil rawr" but I'm hoping they're an ignorant minority.

The way I see it, you only look at alerts when you can actually play them. That way, if an alert pops up with something good, you never miss it.

No point looking at things you missed, since alerts are random anyway, missing one doesn't affect your chances of getting the item the very next day.

I love the RNG element, never knowing whether you're going to get something good, or just a credit bonus.

I love how some of them have unusual content; like find a hostage and THEN fight hyena while protecting your hostage, I like that added difficulty.

If I had to implement some changes;

Allow some method  for alerts to be completed while away from a computer, like a phone app to run alongside the alert one.

Every week or even twice a week, give an alert that rewards some nice prize that only a minority of players have, but lasts 12 hours. Never somethig like a potato, or an artefact. Perhaps a piece of warframe, or a weapon like the darksword.

Allow alert rewards to scale with the difficulty, a 2k alert on pluto is not going to draw my interest, but a 7k reward on mercury is a bit huge.

Other than those though, I think the alert system is pretty freaking fantastic.

No doubt people will disagree with me, they'll argue and whine because they didn't get some blueprint while they were at work, but;

ya boo sucks to you! I like alerts!

I like the way you think.

because paying attention to a social media feed while playing something other than warframe is being involved with warframe... that makes no sense what so ever in any sort of game design world.

oh and... i can pull the "well, you spent money on something you thought was good, and you don't want to be wrong." argument all based on that founders tag you have right next to your post (and let's be honest, there are plenty of those people around, just nobody wants to admit it)

Edited by KhanCipher

Did you ever read a constructive feedback regarding the Alert System?

I am not talking about "make alert rewards more accessible because I don't get what I want" kind of feedback ( and obviously not about QQ threads).

I am talking about feedback that adresses the negative aspects of this system.

Like:

- obsessive Alert awareness (if you want to progress in the game you cannot miss an alert).

- disappointing emotions prevailing enjoyment (for many at least but they should be able to enjoy the game as well)

- there is no sense of achievement since players have no impact on RNG

- hard progression based on luck (should does that are unlucky or just have no time to follow so many Alerts be excluded from enjoying the game at its fullest?)

- etc.

Did anyone of you that try so hard to keep the Alert System as it is, actually notice the fact that a huge part of the community is trying to terminate only the negative aspect without breaking what is good about it?

Many suggestions do not change the things the OP likes about the Alert System. Some make them even better.

There are even people that know that the Alert System has an impact on the purchases in the store and try to keep it that way (or improve its impact?).

A change does not necessarily mean that those who have no problem with the current Alert System will suddenly will have problems.

This community needs to be a bit more open minded regarding feedback! I really don't see why such a thread like this exists.

Edited by Gekker

because paying attention to a social media feed while playing something other than warframe is being involved with warframe... that makes no sense what so ever in any sort of game design world.

oh and... i can pull the "well, you spent money on something you thought was good, and you don't want to be wrong." argument all based on that founders tag you have right next to your post (and let's be honest, there are plenty of those people around, just nobody wants to admit it)

Founders tag costs $20, and let me buy just about everything I wanted from the get go.

Most games cost more than $20 and aren't as fun as warframe.

Maybe in povo juvenile delinquent world, $20 is enough money to make children cry about how great their investment is, but in the real world, it's literally peanuts.

Also, I don't sit there "paying attention to a social media feed while playing something", I live my life, check my phone when it buzzes from the alert app, check to see the app, then head on to warframe for an hour or two, having started to play the alert.

I'm gunna pull the "Crying because you didn't get the item you wanted the moment you wanted it" argument all based on the fact you decided to act like a smarmy little turd without actually providing any contrary opinion.

@gekker

I'm all for improving the alert system, I even made a couple of suggestions

However, I quite like it, and I feel like, as this is a feedback section, That's good enough reason to give some positive feedback.

Saying "Something is good" doens't mean "Something is perfect", The alert system still has all sorts of possible changes and improvements, but there's nothing wrong with offering a few positive reactions.

I'm not sure what the huge complaint is. The rewards for them aren't fixed. They're random. I've played this game all day and find alert missions showing up frequently. 

Honestly? My only complaint about alert missions is they seem to be laggier than others. I'm not sure if this is because the games are host-based and player's are accessing from other regions, or something to do with congestion. 

A nice addition for the alert system would be an alert that has a material reward, let's say, for example, a Raid mission with 200 Alloy plates or Rubedo as a reward. I'd jump for that in a heartbeat.

Would be nice to see the alert system give some heads-up for "?" alerts a couple of hours before "There seems to be some strange activity by <faction> going on in <system> we don't know yet what it is, but stay tuned for more information" so we would get something to look forward to and keep us sitting on the edges of our seats in anticipation. To make us think "Maybe it is the Glaive this time? Maybe it is the Vauban helmet? Maybe it is that special alternative helmet for my Trinity? I *MUST* find out!"

But so far the alert system has been good, except the timing is sometimes VERY awkward for me (2 "?" alerts in a row at 4 in the morning anyone? :P). However, I am not complaining. But sometimes I feel it is always in the middle of the night for me (Finnish player). Of course everyone points and shouts "conspiracy theorist!" at me, but hey, got to have something to believe in. xD