Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense: Afk/griefing Players Prevent Round Start

UlrichStern

So I was trying to play survival today when I noticed something that kind of breaks the Defense modes: AFK players.

Because of how the round in Defense starts (all players need to leave the starting area and/or be within a certain distance of the pod), an AFK griefer has the potential to completely lock-out a round by making a round never start.

The fact that all players have to leave the starting room and near the pod in Defense mode in order to begin the round makes it extremely easy for a griefer to prevent a round from ever beginning. Perhaps a simple fix would be to require only a certain percentage of players to near the pod to begin the wave timer, much like it takes to finish a level? To prevent the round from starting too early, maybe make it so that if a percentage of players enter the area to trigger the start, it begins with a longer count-down timer than normal. Then if all players enter the area during that timer, have it start as normal?

This is my first forum post, so any feedback as to how I'm giving feedback is welcome as well.

I like the idea, and I feel that it should be that way similar to extractions. And having it be a longer timer so that they have time to finish up whatever and get back into the mission if it is a legit AFK for IRl reasons would work nicely.

As for giving feedback I think you did a rather good job.

You could just have everyone spawn on the pod in the beginning and have, say, a 20-seccond timer. Eliminates the annoying griefers and trolls. To deal with the useless AFKers (and to differentiate them from the soon-to-be-useful AFKers), add an autokick that ejects players if they remain inactive for X amount of time (no control input).

The obvious fix for this is to have a ready up and vote kick feature.

Simple, effective and never fails. There can be some griefing involved with it but not half as annoying as waiting around for somebody who went for beer in the next country.

Edited by JBurke

Simple, effective and never fails. There can be some griefing involved with it but not half as annoying as waiting around for somebody who went for beer in the next country.

American beer sucks though. What am I to do?