Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Enhancements: How To Improve Them For Misanthropes

Impulse_Nine

I didn’t catch the Devstream but a friend who I play this game with mentioned harder puzzles for the new raid. I don’t often take to the forums- I have never thought peoples voices matter but the devs seem to listen more than in other games, so here goes:

I play Warframe because I feel through fighting hard, I'm rewarded. This is why I like survival, among other endless modes- the harder I fight, the more I’m rewarded by each key / attempt.

When raiding, that all stops:

- Success cannot be won only by me, I *must* rely on others, turning each public game into a competence lottery (I don’t and won’t join a serious clan, before you suggest that).

- The Hek raid is done best through control, so there is very little actual fighting anyway.

- When everything is going well, because of the above two factors, the game turns into half an hour of standing on buttons / beneath Fomorian cores / on buttons on Phobos, spamming your one or two relevant abilities.

So thanks to that, I have now taken up trading for these arcanes. I notice trading is damaging Warframe for me as it did with TF2 (different topic for another day). But I am at least getting these upgrades now.

But the idea you're going to force more cooperation on raids makes me *beg* of you the following. Please either:

- Make Arcanes attainable in a 1-2 player format. Maybe a reward at 60:00 / Wave 12 / Wave 60 for T4 Survival / Interception / Defense?

- Or introduce an efficient trading system- A simple market interface that allows you to place buy or sell orders and anyone who wants to fill them can do so. No bartering, no loading into Dojos, no trawling trade chat full of people using block capitals.

- Or simplify the raids to never being more complicated than what your average player can understand instinctively, that is to say the two orders “Defend this” or “Kill everything”.

I love this game, I really do. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t bother posting this. But forcing cooperation with randoms you can only type text to in a language they may not even speak is a provably horrible idea. Please give me more choice, not less, over whether I participate in it or not.

Thank you. 

DE should take a leaf out of Overkill's book. Payday 2 puts extremely heavy emphasis on co-op, but it's possible, very difficult, but very possible to solo the missions. Players are rewarded for objectives going faster when they work together competently, possibly doing two to three objectives at once, but it's possible for one person to finish a heist, only that will take a while. Even if players are silly in say, Big Bank, if nobody is intentionally ruining the game, it should be possible to solo complete the objectives even if everyone else has no idea what to do.

Warframe? Forced to work together just to decide which door to go through. Wow.

+1

The cooperation required in actual RAIDS forces you to find people who know what they have to do and "cohordinate" em.

More people are required, the harder it is, more time for preparation is required, every factor gets inflated. This is not "fast peaced".

I don't find this rewarding, but frustrating.
The point is feats should be doable by 1-2 people together, multiple times, allowing the group to split and work individually to have more control on the situation and to contribute. It's easier to manage and faster to organize.
You're playing alone? You still can do it, but you'll require more time. More people playing with you? It will be faster in the end.

Also what's up with mechanics that force you spamming Consumables thus wasting Credits? I find it horrible. (Energy draining mandatory drawbacks)

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Completely agree.

I have a group capable of easily finishing the raid, but the problem is that we rarely have everyone ready to actually participate due to school, work or other things. And I really can't be bothered to try and find a competent group from the mess that is recruiting chat.

There should definitely be ways to access arcanes via solo play or very small groups. Of course it should be very difficult, even more so than a raid, but it should exist.

Edited by Storchenbein

as a mostly solo player i would like to see some of the endgame content without finding 7 random people and attempting a raid that i don't really have time for, i must comment on the thread title

don't give misanthropes anything, they won't appreciate it.