Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

E3 Things

S.T.M.P.D

Apparently a LOT of stuff got revealed there. Since everyone else is covering SWTOR and Doom 4 and Mirror's edge, I will fill in the other blanks and give links to different PC gamer articles so we can all scream about how much X will drive us away from Warframe or how much Y company has violated the consumer's trust - good ol' fashioned gamer hype.

First off, Crytek's making a virtual reality dinosaur game:

http://www.pcgamer.com/crytek-reveals-dino-based-vr-game-robinson-the-journey/

I've tried to find a good dino game as of late; The Stomping Land and Primal Carnage both failed to cut it, so this looks intriguing as an alternative to ARK - you know, if I ever buy a VR headset, assuming this whole craze actually plays out.

Ubisoft is making The Division at long last:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-preview-playing-pvp-in-the-lawless-dark-zone/

They compare it to Destiny, and it's made by Ubisoft, which feels... bad. Either it'll work well or it'll be terrible, I guess. Probably will have unforseen problems by the truckload.

Well, not like we're gonna get another open world Tom Clancy game after this one-

http://www.pcgamer.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-is-a-new-open-world-tom-clancy-game/

Son of a *@##$. I get the sense this was drafted after Ubisoft execs saw MGS5 and said "we must make our own version of that thing, whatever that thing is!"

http://www.pcgamer.com/recore-is-an-xbox-one-exclusive-but-lets-hope-its-timed/

Jeez louise. Microsoft's really upping the exclusive game here. Mega Man studio, and Metroid Prime devs, no joke. This one actually looks mildly appealing, unlike Sunset Overdrive and Tomb Raider.

Last but not least... 

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-coming-in-2016/

Bliss. Sheer, pure, unadultered joy.

I honestly think this is one of the better E3 I seen in a long while, and while we're on the topic of E3 do you have any games you're consider on getting just based on seeing E3?

My list is pretty small but so far:

Fallout 4

*Maybe Doom

Ghost Recon 

XCOM 2 *Can't believe I forgot to put it in. 

Dunno about MTGS anymore, and I lost interest on the Division. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Im so excited for rise of the tomb raider (it is a timed exclusive fyi) mass effect and mirrors edge tbh but Microsoft did really step their game up real hard as of now i kind of regret buying a ps4 , mostly because of the tomb raider timed exclusive deal (i grew up playing TR its my favourite franchise EVER but i can wait a couple of months) but also because of backwards compatibility thats soooo cool :(

I'm more excited about the Gears remaster and backwards compatibility mostly. Still waiting on my beta code, Microsoft...

While I no longer play Halo anymore, what do you guys feel about H5? I mean the only thing I liked about it was they finally brought back Grunt humor. Squad gameplay feels alien to me though. 

I feel like 343 is raping into hell. I've posted my feelings about them several times around here when people bring up Halo... If you look hard enough, you can find 'em!

I'm more excited about the Gears remaster and backwards compatibility mostly. Still waiting on my beta code, Microsoft...

I feel like 343 is raping into hell. I've posted my feelings about them several times around here when people bring up Halo... If you look hard enough, you can find 'em!

Was it the loadout system? Or the abilities of the armor?  

As for Gears is it really just a remaster version? I thought it was a sequel after seeing the gameplay.  

OT: For Honor looks great, although I get the impression that it'll be low content wise.

Again, Ubisoft saw Chivalry, and said, "Developers! Make me one of those, and while you're at it, bring me some more cocaine sandwiches!" - presumably in French.

Im so excited for rise of the tomb raider (it is a timed exclusive fyi) mass effect and mirrors edge tbh but Microsoft did really step their game up real hard as of now i kind of regret buying a ps4 , mostly because of the tomb raider timed exclusive deal (i grew up playing TR its my favourite franchise EVER but i can wait a couple of months) but also because of backwards compatibility thats soooo cool :(

I thought Tomb Raider was, like, waaaay too dark, and also heavily reliant on QTEs, so I have nothing to say except Nathan Drake is more likable and the one level where he escapes from a sinking cruise ship in U3 is super-de-duper fun. The U4 gameplay I saw a while back also looks pretty damn solid.

Ooh! I forgot about Dishonored 2. Seriously, this is like the E3 of "all the sequels you ever wanted but never thought you'd get." While that's pretty cool, it also makes one think that perhaps this influx came about because everyone saw 3 huge IP's flunk last year (Destiny, Watch_Dogs, Titanfall) - the industry's playing it safe, so it seems. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Again, Ubisoft saw Chivalry, and said, "Developers! Make me one of those, and while you're at it, bring me some more cocaine sandwiches!" - presumably in French.

I thought Tomb Raider was, like, waaaay too dark, and also heavily reliant on QTEs, so I have nothing to say except Nathan Drake is more likable and the one level where he escapes from a sinking cruise ship in U3 is super-de-duper fun. The U4 gameplay I saw a while back also looks pretty damn solid.

Ooh! I forgot about Dishonored 2. Seriously, this is like the E3 of "all the sequels you ever wanted but never thought you'd get." While that's pretty cool, it also makes one think that perhaps this influx came about because everyone saw 3 huge IP's flunk last year (Destiny, Watch_Dogs, Titanfall) - the industry's playing it safe, so it seems. I don't know if that's good or bad.

While i do agree on the fact that the tomb raider reboot had maybe a bit too much QTE's i loved the atmosphere of the game and how real the island felt , and again that's totally subjective, i will never be able to get into the uncharted series and i won't even check out U4 simply because I personally feel like nathan is just a cliche dorky/clow version of indiana jones , I'll stick with my bae lara.

Was it the loadout system? Or the abilities of the armor?  

As for Gears is it really just a remaster version? I thought it was a sequel after seeing the gameplay.  

Remaster comes out this year, Gears 4 comes out next year... Still unsure about my feelings about Gears 4, it doesn't seem like it will be a Gears w/out Marcus. But hey, it's just a teaser, he could make a cameo, or even have an important role, we don't know yet.

Loadouts, abilities, campaign/lore, the excruciatingly ugliness of most of the armor, the over-abundance of stupid, OP, and stupidly OP weapons. I hate all of it. Warzone looks pretty cool, though. But about the lore, I don't know how up to date you are on it, so

Cortana gets killed off at the end of Halo 4, strike 1. Chief is branded a traitor between the events of Halo 4 & 5, strike 2. The Arbiter and Buck (now a Spartan IV (I'm giving a half-strike to them for the creation of the Spartan 4 program, 343 took a steaming sh*t on the lore of Spartans with that one)) are coming back, but knowing 343 (knowing them post-Halo 4) they like killing important characters, so one or both of them will likely get killed off. Strike 7,000

And from the look of it, there are new Prometheans, even though they all died/deactivated upon the destruction of Requiem. 343 is all like "Yeah, you know that thing, uh, what's it called? Continuity? Yeah! Continuity, f*ck that! Who needs that nowadays?! Let's take something Bungie spent 10 years building, give every awesome existing thing a ret-con, remove the stuff that isn't at the top of the list, add a whole bunch of stupid new sh*t, and just trash [bungie's] legacy!"

If you want my opinion on the Halo 5 multiplayer, prepare for paragraphs...

Fixed some spelling mistakes.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

When i watched the gameplay it literally looked like the AC unity co op version but without gamebreaking glitches and different skins , i dont know it just feels ..recycled.

Agreed, the first and last AC I ever played was Unity, and after seeing the new version, I already knew it was blah. 

-snip-

Well I still watch campaign gameplay of Halo so am still "kinda" kept up to date. I honestly only played Halo for the story though and not the multiplayer. As for the Prometheus, am pretty sure 343 knew they fudged up, and will explain that loophole with a illogical explanation.  

Well I still watch campaign gameplay of Halo so am still "kinda" kept up to date. I honestly only played Halo for the story though and not the multiplayer. As for the Prometheus, am pretty sure 343 knew they fudged up, and will explain that loophole with a illogical explanation.  

Finally! Somebody else who prefers it for the story! I started with CE as a kid, without live, so all I had was campaign, and that game was the reason I'm the gamer I am today, so it kills me, to see 343 killing it.

Another thing I don't like that they're doing, they have these episodic audiologs on the Halo channel that give pretty mildly important details on why Master Chief is a traitor... I don't want to listen to a news reporter that sounds like a 400 pound conspiracy theorist tell me about a butchered story. Especially when each 'episode' is 14-20+ minutes long. 

Anything ubisoft has done over the past years has been "blah" except for far cry 4 i guess, it got good reviews.

Eventually the AC game going to have to stop, not because of anything related to the story, but because who the hell gonna place a wagon of hay around anymore in a urban modern era? 

-snip-

Ah basically how I started as well. Halo was the only real thing that made me like Xbox more so than the PS back then, but after seeing how Reach was like, that tether broke and I moved onto PS and PC. 

As for those audiolog? Am not even gonna bother diving into that. 

Ah basically how I started as well. Halo was the only real thing that made me like Xbox more so than the PS back then, but after seeing how Reach was like, that tether broke and I moved onto PS and PC. 

As for those audiolog? Am not even gonna bother diving into that. 

Reach was Bungie's last-ditch attempt to milk money out of their blockbuster title. It wasn't bad, but created continuity errors with vehicles and weapons, and those terrible, terrible armor abilities.

I don't think you even can. I'm 90% the Halo channel is only available on Xbox One. But yeah, I ain't got time for that.