Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darkest Dungeon- Forum Style!

VivaNyanCat

So... After reading Lord Taco's thread about XCOM Stuff, I thought I'd do something similar! I will be doing a Darkest Dungeon Playthrough, if anybody here in Off-topic is familiar with that game. If you're not, then here it is in a shellnut: Darkest Dungeon, an RPG Side-scrolling, RNG, dungeon-crawler game about making the best about an absolutely horrible situation. Most names I get will die a horrible, horrible, horrible death. What I want from you guys is what you want me to call your noble heroes, but make sure you also list some last words you would like to be remembered by. I will update this thread.

PS: I will use the DE Staff names, too.

PPS: Sorry if this came off to you as rude for copying your idea, Lord Taco.

Edited by VivaNyanCat

Alright, here goes! :D 

-Prologue, Week 1-

A Frikn Grizzly and Taco wake up in a crashed, seemingly abandoned wagon. Once they've gotten their bearings, they soon discover that the Off-topic Subforum (District name, roll with it) was dead-ahead. Home, at last. They encountered a few... problems on the way, but they made it home safe and sound, even finding quite a hefty sum of gold in the process. After heading out into the tavern, chatting with their friends Revan and Oick, the four found out about dark, mysterious beings haunting their beloved town. It was up to them to rid the world of these evils. These four inspired a militia, that would later be known as the Forum Generals, and they were the leaders of it.

Edited by VivaNyanCat

The Forum Generals needed a plan. Charging blindly into the fray wouldn't have done anything but get them killed. No, they needed to know more about thier enemies, they needed to study them... in combat. First, they decided to start with the unholy demons residing in The Ruins, so they stuffed a couple vials of holy water, food, and bandages into their pack. What awaits them, I wonder? 

Group: Lord Taco, Oick88, Revan, and A Frikn Grizzly.

Edited by VivaNyanCat

As our heroes descend into depths unknown, they are ambushed by a group of cultists trained in the art of black magic. Before anybody could even react, one of them started chanting louder and louder. Soon enough, Oick was started to experience disturbing, twisted visions. He saw each and every one of his friends with him being torn in half by a skeleton-looking figure. The horror was too much for him to handle, he fainted. "ack.... a.... all...hail...lord....revan." The group was devastated, as he was the only one who has been struck by that incantation during the commotion. If only he knew that the rest beat back the ambush, then he would've slept peacefully. The remaining three still had to press on, there was one final room awaiting them.

In short, Oick88, my one and only healer, just died to a heart attack before the last room of the dungeon. I may or may not be boned.

They burst open the door, weapons drawn, and proceed to look around... nothing. Only a chest. Strange. Lord Taco decided to check it for valuables, but to his dismay, it was no ordinary chest. Trapped! Poison clouds began to swarm around his head, choking him out. As he struggled to breathe, he managed to force these last words from his mouth: "De....Defeating a t-t-taco..only makes it t-t-tastier..eughh"

Welp, I'm sorry taco, you had a good run. You died to a poison trap from a chest you decided to open. RIP.

As our heroes descend into depths unknown, they are ambushed by a group of cultists trained in the art of black magic. Before anybody could even react, one of them started chanting louder and louder. Soon enough, Oick was started to experience disturbing, twisted visions. He saw each and every one of his friends with him being torn in half by a skeleton-looking figure. The horror was too much for him to handle, he fainted. "ack.... a.... all...hail...lord....revan." The group was devastated, as he was the only one who has been struck by that incantation during the commotion. If only he knew that the rest beat back the ambush, then he would've slept peacefully. The remaining three still had to press on, there was one final room awaiting them.

In short, Oick88, my one and only healer, just died to a heart attack before the last room of the dungeon. I may or may not be boned.

Renumber to capitalizes names because you didn't with Revan in my death throes