The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashes Consistently 5 Minutes (Exactly) After Launch

DefShieldDwn

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Warframe where after opening the launcher and hitting the Play button, after EXACTLY five minutes have passed the game will crash giving the error "The Evolution Engine has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". There is no error code associated with this and I do not know where to begin to solve this issue.

This crash is consistent and the timing is always right on the dot, crashing exactly five minutes after the initial loading screen appears. I can be sitting on the ship, in a mission, changing my mods, tabbed out, or even on the login screen and the error will occur (again consistently after five minutes). This problem is most definitely a defect somewhere in my computer that doesn't play nice with Warframe, as I have had many issues with programs and games running properly with it; Warframe is the first game to be unplayable though. I have problems with this computer since last year when I purchased it after my previous computer developed a leak in it's water cooling system and ruin the motherboard. These problems include programs and applications to take up to 10 minutes to start up or never appearing at all unless ran as admin, low fps in newer games like Mortal Kombat X, and basic things like my NVIDIA control panel and Geforce experience to become non-responsive. Again, most of these errors are solve or at least alleviated by running programs as administrator.

As for Warframe, I have looked through other forum posts for similar issues and fixes for them and have tried: 

running Warframe on low settings, enabling and disabling v-sync, running with and without DirectX 10 and 11 check marked, running with and without Multi-Threaded Rendering checked, Verifying and optimizing my download chache, uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times through steam and through the official website, running my virus scan program, disabling my firewall, updating the drivers for my graphics card ( I also attempted to update my BIOS settings through downloading something but I'm not very good with too technical aspects of computer and would need to ask for assistance before doing something like this ).

My computer specs are:

ASUS Desktop PC G20AJ series 64-bit

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.6 GHZ

8 GB ram

GeForce GTX 760 Integrated RAMDAC

I have been considering looking into performing a feel system restore, but with there are certain files and programs that I need for class work that I would afraid be lost for good and do not personally have the money to purchase an external hard drive.

Any assistance with this issue would be very much appreciated. If this problem has already been solved before and I failed to see it on the forum please forgive me for wasting time.

This sections is for Warframe bugs. Help with debugging defective hardware should be in players helping players. DE staff won't be able to help you with that.

There may be other forums able to help, but Google is your friend too, use it. 

You should start off by checking your disk for defects, sometimes problems just go away when you fix the disk. If the problem persistes check you RAM, there are apps for that too. If the RAM exhibits no issues chances are you might have a problem in your motherboard, CPU, GPU or PSU. 

If all this is too much over your head, maybe you're better off calling a technician or taking it to a repair shop.

It appears that this is affecting you across several games besides Warframe, so unfortunately helping fully diagnose your issue is beyond the scope of this subforum.

However judging from your description of the problem this sounds like potentially an overheating video card (which doesn't sound particularly likely with a 760) or faulty RAM.

You can check ur hdd health with any Smart tool, also can run heaven benchmark ( if it's crashes is something wrong with ur system like maybe not proper installed the gpu, if it's not, seems something more is causing ur problem) I guess since you say it's slow any program and takes so long to load, I'm more going to hdd problems than hardware ones ( can check with defrag that have Smart tool at health status) other way is, créate a new user temporaly, and try run any program. also check ur task manager something is not using full resources, also huum can check ur plan perfomance at power options at panel control ( should be perfomance )

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Warframe where after opening the launcher and hitting the Play button, after EXACTLY five minutes have passed the game will crash giving the error "The Evolution Engine has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". There is no error code associated with this and I do not know where to begin to solve this issue.

Are you running Windows Vista? If you are, you may need to roll your graphics drivers back a version and try that.

(Yes, there's a specific issue with the drivers, no, you really don't want to be bored with the reasons)

Edited by DawnFalcon

I have been having crashes as well. I've almost never had a crash, but starting like a week ago I've had multiple crashes a night(18:00 to 22:00) my usual game hours. I assume it is warframe and not my computer. I have a new asus rogg751 970m i7 all drivers up to date.