Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Nerf? No Way

FemaleSniper86

Did you

Did EV+Link get nerfed?  Tried to use the combo on Kril and the energy doesn't go up immediately.

Did you do the necessary steps to do damage to Kril. There is this new system of fighting Kril. He is invulnerable unless you hit the red thing on his back then wait for him to do this ice hammer thing, and then when he's frozen you can do damage. Otherwise if you are doing no damage then you are getting no energy.

red thing? hard to see with the purple lighting from EV.........

I see what you mean.  No wonder his shields don't go down.

Turn off color correction in your graphics options to make the red thing on Kril's cryopack easier to see.

Link doesn't need changing at all. A simple solution would be to modify energy vampire so that it can't be used during link.

Also the devs have confirmed they're going to buff underpowered things to the level of the other things.

(Aka: Stop calling for nerfs.)

Edited by Nyther

I haven't used Trinity yet but by the sounds of her it seems mostly fine the way it is. Maybe the Link combo is a bit overpowered I haven't tried.Trinity shouldn't be changed to be all offensive or anything, that's what the offensive frames are for. If you don't like her you don't have to use her. If you want to heal you have to accept you sacrifice powerful attacking abilities.

Perhaps she needs a slight tweak but overall the healer should heal. So she can go 'invincible' what does it matter? It's a nice perk for having no other offensive abilities and low armour. Does becoming invincible not get a bit boring anyway? If people have fun with that what's the big deal, if you want more challenge play another frame.

It sounds like the link combo gives Trinity something to do when nobody needs healed. I think it's creative that people have created a combo of abilities. More abilities should allow for combos.

Edited by Scoosh

Link is useful to rev a downed squadmate when surrounded by lots of enemies, thus reflecting damage and not taking any, or run past shooters without taking damage.

The duration of Link is quite long with Continuity mod, making Trinity a good tanker/killer to take them down before Link runs out if equipped with good melee weapon and is only useful for Infested, what about Grineer and Corpus? Can't tank and melee them like Infested but the cost of Link (100 energy) cuts down how often it's used. Energy Vampire used at same time should be changed, OR if using Energy Vampire at same time as Link, you cannot gain Energy but your squadmates can.

Edited by Redward

I love the idea of a support frame. I only have 2 frame slots 1 of which is Trinity. I never use Trinity anymore but i refuse to delete her to place another frame in my very limited inventory because i am hopeful that eventually there will be a place for her. 

First problem with the Trinity concept is all of its abilities are for when you're low on something. Low on health or low on energy. This makes the class completely useless when you're not in trouble. Support doesn't mean you're only restoring stats that are low. Trinity needs some abilities that aren't only used when your group is in trouble. Maybe an aura to increase people's fire rate or base damage or ability damage? Not a single target buff, people typically get very annoyed when a support class just helps the same person over and over again. the player the support typically values most.  Also maybe instead of restoring health, it should place wards on people to prevent damage or add damage reduction, this way a trinity can be smart and prevent damage instead of only being able to react after damage has been taken. Or maybe a Trinity can overheal past someone's max health or max energy to make it so you don't have to wait until someone is low to support them.

2nd Link change. I would get rid of the ability to fire weapons while Link is active, this isn't a rambo class, shouldn't need the ability to deal damage, for the players to shoot, and for the player to be invincible. Or maybe get rid of the redirection of damage. One of those three need to go, and i don't think it should be the invincibility. Add maybe a speed boost to it so you can use it to get to downed allies and revive them or escape a flood of enemies. Maybe have the speed boost an aura emanating from the Trinity to help teammates distance themselves from the enemy too.

3rd problem is Trinity has no control over who benefits however much from energy or life restore. If someone is low on health or energy and they cast something, maybe the guy doesn't see it and shoots something else, or maybe the guy has to reload right when you cast it and the enemy is dead by the time he is done reloading. Maybe when the target is being damaged there is an aoe that emanates off of the Trinity and everyone close to the trinity gets healed or energy replaced? Trinity shouldn't need to rely on her teammates cooperating for the Trinity to feel useful. 

Imagine content being done by a very strong group. How can Trinity be extremely useful support to a strong group in content and not be practically required for significantly lesser skilled groups? Also if the Trinity is grouped with incompetent players, a strong Trinity player still needs to be able to shine. Shouldn't have to rely on him teammates to cooperate for at least some of his abilities to be effective.

Edited by aTaVaX

Besides, the Link is still damageable. Sometiems (probably a bug) she gets hit though Link. And poison seems to still affect her Health through Link and her shield.

Prob not a bug if you are fighting Toxic Ancients and get damaged by the poison that was left behind. iirc Link requires a target nearby to work. If no target nearby, Trinity still takes all the damage. E.g. in a case where enemies are all shooting at Trinity from far away : link useless.

Just a thought on Trinity, having not played her because of the reasons that have been mentioned.  IE that her abilities are not worthwhile on regular mobs vs only useful on bosses etc...  However, I did have an idea for Trinity, perhaps she could create shield drones or healing drones as a means of abilities.  This would be more support but not useless, it could be good in all circumstances.

So far I have two frames: Mag and and Trinity. Mag is an awesome damage dealer and you can easily lvl up your gears with it. Because Trinity lacks offensive skills it's sometimes pain to get kills/exp when I'm in a squad. Solo-play with trinity is somewhat spiritless. Anyways I crafted Trinity because of this one reason: she is the only support/healer frame in warframe (in every mmorpg/morpg/online games I always play as a priest/cleric/healer). If you change that, I will be extremely unsatisfied!

If warframe was an e-sport game (read: PvP) I would definitely understand the need of a nerf. But because this game is player against environment, I don't understand why all the hassle. If you don't like the Trinity warframe, don't use it. If you want it, craft it.

Any ways when you have in your squad these "high" damage dealers who steam-roll whole map in few seconds you have no time to use EV neither link. You just scavenge few mobs here and there and run like hell to keep up with these guys without need of healer. So there you go.

Edit: what annoys me the most when playing with Trinity is that Chat window and player health bars are on top of each other. Really frustrating!

Edited by carnaga

People crying about Trinity nerf are the peopled who mained Rhino before it got nerfed!

People QQing about Trinity and Rhino (or any frame) being overpowered are the people with no team spirit and have self esteem issues. They selfishly want their own frames to be the best at everything and want to top the charts by nerfing everyone else instead of mastering their own frame and are jealous when other frames have a useful skill that they don't have. They don't want to depend on teamwork to get through a mission, they want to blaze through and force everyone else to trail behind. They're the ones that rush through content and ignore people who need reviving.

Please grow up and spend your energy asking the developers to improve your own frame rather than getting support frames like Trinity and Rhino nerfed to the ground for your own illogical selfish reasons. Damage dealers are meant to be fragile. It's the price for having a room clearing panic button. Deal with it. Tanks and healers deserve their invulnerability because of their supportive roles. If you don't like it, feel free to drop out of a game that has a rhino or trinity and requeue.

Decoy and Invisible kills bosses quicker too without getting hit at all.

Link doesn't work against fire, barrel explosions,void lasers, Stalker, and pvp.

New Iron skin works against all the above but can't survive high level mobs.

Trinity is fine, but boring to me. The only skill I found useful was Link and her team heal. The first two abilities are only good on bosses since every other mob dies in one hit for me. I guess T3 towers would be the exception, but I don't get void runs everyday so...

Nerfing Link would be like killing her imo.

Trinity is fine, but boring to me. The only skill I found useful was Link and her team heal. The first two abilities are only good on bosses since every other mob dies in one hit for me. I guess T3 towers would be the exception, but I don't get void runs everyday so...

Nerfing Link would be like killing her imo.

I think her first two abilities need fixing tbh.

EV and Well of Life are indeed only useful VS bosses. I always felt Well of Life should be a node like Vaubin's that does AE-Pulse Heal. You could even stick it to the Rhino or Frost.

I feel like the people that think Link is the only thing that needs fixing have never played Trinity. If generic frame abilities were in the game, I would drop Link and Well of Life in a second for the new stuff. Trinity can permanently keep up the Blessing invulnerability for the entire party (with the exception of the vulnerable casting bug) by using Energy Vampire and still gain energy.

Even though I like her in her current state, she needs a rework, not nerfs.

I feel like the people that think Link is the only thing that needs fixing have never played Trinity. If generic frame abilities were in the game, I would drop Link and Well of Life in a second for the new stuff. Trinity can permanently keep up the Blessing invulnerability for the entire party (with the exception of the vulnerable casting bug) by using Energy Vampire and still gain energy.

Even though I like her in her current state, she needs a rework, not nerfs.

I had always been thinking that Well of Life should be dropped for something more useful (esp against light mobs, not just heavies/bosses). How about Well of Life changed to something like an Aura of regeneration? There will be an aura of healing centered on Trinity during the time period and every teammate (including Trinity) will regenerate health while in the aura. This may encourage people to stay near Trinity as well (or return to her after getting damaged in health) as well as a possible "counter" to the poison style damages (e.g. having a trinity run the new aura-based Well Of Life while team is fighting Toxic Ancients)