The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Laser Doors

gaurdianaq

So I've recently learned that running through laser doors is not a glitch. But should we really be able to just skip past them? It doesn't really make a lot of sense, I mean whats the point of them being there if we can just slide melee through them? Shouldn't they stop you no matter what unless you have like, a teleport ability or something? Just doesn't make sense from a gameplay or realistic standpoint. Thoughts?

They bothered me for the first few days of encountering then however I've pretty much memorized all of the camera locations and naturally take them out before setting them off.

As for glitching through I never get the chance to run through because of my reasoning above

Edited by TrollfaceDotJPG

Well, the camera beams make it easier to look for them, but the doors should have their lasers each tied to only one camera. Nothing more annoying that grabbing some ammo from a storage room to try and walk out and have my buddy trip a camera somewhere off screen and lock me in for a moment or ten -_-

I bet you're all excaliburs.
I was always able to just sprint n' slide through as Loki or Mag.

I like the way the cameras work actually. Forces the group to actually pay attention to where they're slash dashing and sprinting at full bore. Because the person with the last data terminal might die if they don't.

So I've recently learned that running through laser doors is not a glitch. But should we really be able to just skip past them? It doesn't really make a lot of sense, I mean whats the point of them being there if we can just slide melee through them? Shouldn't they stop you no matter what unless you have like, a teleport ability or something? Just doesn't make sense from a gameplay or realistic standpoint. Thoughts?

You need a way to cross the doorway when your 'teammate' two rooms ahead triggers a camera.